Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

charles rogers?

fullnelson9999

Man, and I was just yesterday watching the '03 Edition of "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" covering him, Carson Palmer, and a couple other no names. He looked like he had such talent too.

Injuries, substance abuse, and I believe off the field issues killed this guy's career. He's done.

If Randy Moss didn't rate 2 first rounders I cant see the justification for throwing away 2 first rounders on C Johnson either.

This is just an indictment on the team having either no confidence in the scouting dept, the teams WR coaches not being able to teach err coach em up and lack of patience to let a youngin develop.

That's what really ticks me off if the rumors are. Randy Moss, in his prime and still with his reputation in intact, warranted a 1st rounder linebacker (Napolean Harris) and a 1st round pick when he got traded to Oakland initially. Jared Allen was had for a 1st rounder and two 3rds. Yet we go and offer TWO 1st rounders for a 30 year old WR who, while he is elite, has a tendency to go off on teammates.

I really really hope we don't go through with this trading thing, and just draft a GD receiver.

You must not have used the search function.....because I think there has been aprox. 100 threads on this topic. The guy cant even make NFL squads....he sucks.

Now that was uncalled for. There has not been a thread on Charles Rogers in a very long time on here. Threads about Wide Receivers, or other Wide Receivers yes, but not abotu Charles Rogers. Sheesh.

Speaking as a Michigan State alum ... NO, for reasons you already said in your post.

The first requirement is to be a NFL caliber football player. Get one of those and it won't make any difference if he were 6-3 or 3-6.

Good example: Steve Smith, Panthers, 5-9. You wouldn't complain if the Skins landed him, would you?

The issue with size isn't just a matter of being tall, but being rugged. Taller people carry more muscle mass and can take more hits. They can throw more weight at safeties when run blocking, which they are expected to do more in the west coast offense. [because you won't see as many Gibbs type max-protect six-man lines in the WCO].

First and foremost, you have to be a NFL level receiver who will catch. Might as well have kept Lloyd [6-0] before bringing in Rogers.

Archived