Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It’s Official: Bush Is Objectively The Most Hated President In History

JimmyConway

That's a nice anvil for John McCain to carry into the 2008 election race. How about those coat tails!!!

Truman still has a recorded lower public approval rating. Meaning Truman spiked lower, only he wasn't in office as long, so Truman didn't have the continuous low approval ratings.. And Remember, Truman won WWII and took over from a beloved FDR so he had a little quite a honeymoon with the public on the front end too.

Truman who lost China, entered the Korean war without congressional approval, crushed several labor strikes (coal, steel), was slow to dismantle the US army in Europe after WWII because of Russia, presided over the beginning of the cold war, and who fired General MacArthur was very unpopular in his day. Truman who refused to allow the US to win the Korean war, rather fought for a never before Presidential directed stalemate in that war was mightily unpopular. Besides that if you ever heard a recording of Truman, he sounded like a hick to boot... sounded dumb as a sack of rocks with his Missouri twang..

Who was the last President who did not have a college degree. Harry Truman!...

Today with 20/20 hind sight, historians rank Truman as one of the great presidents. Not among our greatest (Washington, Lincoln, Teddy, FDR) but just under them. (along with Reagan and Jefferson )..

Bush Jr. as did his father; clings to that piece of trivia.

Ah. Well then, yeah, he is, until the next one.......and then the next one.......and it will just keep getting worse.

Clinton and Reagan somehow managed to have good approval ratings after Nixon, Carter and Johnson-Ugh. Anyway, just saying there is not a downward trend. Your boy just plain sucks.

I think the best thing for Democrats to do is to stop sounding like the whining, underachieving, layabouts they are and find a democratic candidate who isn't an out-of-touch stiff like:

(quoting Michelle Malkin)

Let’s face it. Hundred-million-dollar Hillary “I’m not Tammy Wynette” Clinton, John “$400 Haircut” Edwards, John “French” Kerry and Al “$30,000 utility bill” Gore make Obama look like a peon of pretension. And it’s hard to top the imperiousness of Reps. Cynthia McKinney, Patrick Kennedy, and Sheila Jackson-Lee, who all abused law enforcement or service workers while demanding special privileges as “public servants.”

Not to mention "Snobama" who can't "bowl his age"...

BTW, if they "hate" Bush... What does that say for the people on the other side of the aisle who lose to Bush? I mean, McCain is ahead of Snobama by 5% (Rasmussen Reports)... Imagine if we had a popular President, an economy that nobody could complain about, and we weren't in an unpopular war? Wouldn't McCain be up by as much as 10-20%?

What is funny is that McCain is just a point or two behind the Dems in polling and in some polls he is even leading... what does that say for the two weakest democratic candidates ever?

A ****y, loud mouth, former first lady and a hip, good looking guy with no experience, who speaks well and whose name is as close to terrorist sounding as you can get without being a muslim.

McCain will win in November.

Clinton and Reagan somehow managed to have good approval ratings after Nixon, Carter and Johnson-Ugh. Anyway, just saying there is not a downward trend. Your boy just plain sucks.

He's not my boy. The point is politics is getting more and more partisan. Do you not agree?

He's not my boy. The point is politics is getting more and more partisan. Do you not agree?

No doubt as a country we are incredibly partisan right now but I expect that to ebb when Bush leaves office...unles Hillary somehow wins in which case we're ****ed. Both McCain and Obama treat opposition relatively respectfully.

No doubt as a country we are incredibly partisan right now but I expect that to ebb when Bush leaves office...unles Hillary somehow wins in which case we're ****ed. Both McCain and Obama treat opposition relatively respectfully.

I think that Obama wins and republicans are going to be anxious to give him the same treatment Bush was given.

Perhaps this poll shows cycnical bitterness towards the Government who doesn't care about anyone but themselves and their cronies. I am sure Congresses low numbers indicate the same thing.

Gun sales and church attendance must be on the rise in the Midwest :doh:

Oh, I'm sorry, that was elitist and disconnected wasn't it.:rolleyes:

and the real winner is, divisive politics that further enrage and engage/distract voters from the issues and solutions.

I believe that the Democrats think that the Republican Party base would be motivated to punish them for impeaching Bush and Cheney, because if they did, that would put Pelosi in charge, and it would look like the sole motivation for the proceedings. I doubt such proceedings would be difficult, since both Bush and Cheney are on public record confirming that they committed felonies.

I think it would be better to repudiate their actions, and have the voters demand that any new AG for the next President review the Administration for law violations that demand prosecution.

I think that Obama wins and republicans are going to be anxious to give him the same treatment Bush was given.

That crossed my mind. I was thinking the Republican base will disapprove of Obama in every poll regardless of what he does in office. They will disapprove in retaliation for Bush.

But I don't think Bush was given any treatment he didn't deserve. After 9/11, people embraced Bush. He had an approval rating that was sky high (81% or so?). His ratings didn't plummet until after people saw the way he was handling Iraq. In other words, I think people gave him a fair shot and he blew it.

That crossed my mind. I was thinking the Republican base will disapprove of Obama in every poll regardless of what he does in office. They will disapprove in retaliation for Bush.

But I don't think Bush was given any treatment he didn't deserve. After 9/11, people embraced Bush. He had an approval rating that was sky high (81% or so?). His ratings didn't plummet until after people saw the way he was handling Iraq. In other words, I think people gave him a fair shot and he blew it.

I agree with all of that.

...and if bowling score isn't a bona fide credential for President I don't know what is! :rolleyes:

BTW, here's a new poll that has Obama beating McCain by 5%:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/15/AR2008041503586.html?hpid=topnews

I do think HRC should challenge BHO to a winner-take-all bowl-off... I like her odds... I should probably enter my 5 year old in that contest.

BTW, Bowling "might" not be a credential for being President, but I think that those who can't bowl their age should be allowed to file for disability benefits.

Anyway, Rasmussen Reports is a daily tracking poll that uses a 3 day averages. It's pretty much the most reliable polling site on the Internet. It also breaks it down by Electoral College (if you look closely through the site), and it has about a 56% chance that the Democrats will win given the current polling numbers (with McCain taking the popular vote).

Archived