Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Branden Albert interview on NFLCountdown

Walking Deadman

As many of you know, Branden Albert has been and still will be my pick at #21 if he's there (he probably won't be based on the publicity) but I'm sad to report some bad news about him:

He grew up a Cowboys fans and his favorite player is ESPN's blowed up Emmitt Smith :(

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/brandenalbert/brandenalbert.html

Scott Wright: Who was your favorite college or pro team growing up? Did you have a favorite player?

Branden Albert: My favorite college team was Florida St. and my favorite pro team was the Dallas Cowboys. My favorite player was Emmitt Smith.

I still wouldn't mind him at #21 though ;)

Seriously? This was posted already on here in a Branden Albert thread. That, and who cares? Springs is a Cowboy fan, Zorn played for them, I'm sure if you dig deep enough you can find other connections to the Boys in our org.

At least you admit you'd still take him though. Cheers.

heh, posted in another thread. Honestly though, if someone is that worried and has facebook, just facebook message him and ask. If he responds, great.

I remember facebook messaging Elton Brown a few years back (lost a bet) asking how he'd like to play for the Redskins. He actually did respond saying he'd like to since they were closer to home and were a "good team". Bear in mind this was before the 2005 season when we were coming off of 5-11 and 6-10 seasons. I've been a fan of the guy since.

He actually did respond saying he'd like to since they were closer to home and were a "good team". Bear in mind this was before the 2005 season when we were coming off of 5-11 and 6-10 seasons. I've been a fan of the guy since.

that just shows you he was lying

Seriously? This was posted already on here in a Branden Albert thread. That, and who cares? Springs is a Cowboy fan, Zorn played for them, I'm sure if you dig deep enough you can find other connections to the Boys in our org.

At least you admit you'd still take him though. Cheers.

He's been my pick ever since I got interested in this year's draft I think the guy has a great deal of potential.

What I really like is what we could do with him......Guard to replace Kendall and maybe eventually move him to tackle.

He's been my pick ever since I got interested in this year's draft I think the guy has a great deal of potential.

What I really like is what we could do with him......Guard to replace Kendall and maybe eventually move him to tackle.

Exactly. His ability to transition from guard to tackle is a huge plus. I agree he probably replaces Kendall, and either halway through this season, or at the start of next season. I would imagine he transitions to tackle to replace Jansen in a few seasons, unless Heyer really steps it up, in which case Albert will have to wait a little bit longer. Who knows, down the road Samuels may wind up moving in to guard, and Albert replaces him at LT.

Exactly. His ability to transition from guard to tackle is a huge plus. I agree he probably replaces Kendall, and either halway through this season, or at the start of next season. I would imagine he transitions to tackle to replace Jansen in a few seasons, unless Heyer really steps it up, in which case Albert will have to wait a little bit longer. Who knows, down the road Samuels may wind up moving in to guard, and Albert replaces him at LT.

Exactly, but unfortunatly for us is one reason he has moved so far up in the rankings. Some even have him in the top ten.

I had to change my wish list because he will be gone, but I did find another OT :D

As many of you know, Branden Albert has been and still will be my pick at #21 if he's there (he probably won't be based on the publicity) but I'm sad to report some bad news about him:

He grew up a Cowboys fans and his favorite player is ESPN's blowed up Emmitt Smith :(

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/brandenalbert/brandenalbert.html

I still wouldn't mind him at #21 though ;)

I remember a story on NFL films that Hall Of Famer Jack Lambert of the Pittsburgh Steelers favorite team was the Cleveland Browns. But that all change after the Browns past him on draft day. Eventually the Browns became his most hated team and they paid for everytime they played the steelers.

Just a thought.

Archived