Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jobs with Redskins?

The Fourth King

It's not a job, it doesn't pay anything. Voluntary only.

You're still being given a specific task (job) to accomplish for the team. Again, you have to weigh the good (having a small part in the organization, given access to the field and/or video booths) versus the bad (not being able to sit down and watch the game uninterrupted).

There are plenty of non-game day opportunities. The OP mentioned training camp.

I already have a job with the Redskins and I do it on this site. Some of that can be witnessed in the below message:

One things for sure we aren't going anywhere with our current interior line play. Speaking of which someone alluded to Heyer being a question mark. Well, we have questions all the way across. Last year Heyer was the bright spot. All because his talent was discovered hiding in plain site. Before Heyer was discovered Thomas was the brightest spot. Some may argue: but #60 has been a perennial All-Pro. All Pro is nothing more than courting consensus.

I would argue that making All-Pro is nothing more than courting consensus, in most cases, there are some legit All-Pros in the league; #60 isn't one of them, because when we needed it the most he didn't answer. #60 is not a Roaf, Hutchinson or a Davis. #60 has not answered when we needed and he is part of the reason why we don't have consistent answers in the Red zone.

"Whoever questions or compares Heyer to Jansen then you put your money on Jansen and I'll take Heyer and we'll see “who's "G-to-G" "got game". If it’s not a top 12 overall pick then an OL is probably not worth it a first round. How many people did CP run over in 05s wildcard against Tampa? 3. Go back and watch the film, you know guess what side that was on? # 60s.

And right now at best Jansen is trade material. Hell you can get someone from D2 or even 3 to back Heyer up and save that money. Why not? Our current interior line play, on both sides of the ball, has not been what one would like. When it comes to what and how we're doing business at the line of scrimmage I really beg to differ. And if CP wasn't here I would strongly question the consistency in our red zone running game, and the answer would be we don't have one.

Another reason why CP is worth an easy $25million bonus, if that was possible but we know it isn’t. But we wouldn't have a red zone running game without CP, yes I know we have Sellers. But CP is invaluable, because of his versatile skill set at blocking, pass catching, and ability to break it in open space his vision and how he can hit the corner, and how effective he is in each area. I'm really glad CP is here and our "O" would be a struggle without him--to put it mildly.

My sisters boyfriend was a security guard for Dan Snyder for about a year. He was fired I think for some reason (probably because I kept telling him to pass along notes to Dan about my thoughts on the draft lol). But he found that job through a friend. So it looks like you either need to know someone or to just show up and demand a job.

BTW, I'm going to demand I am the personal trainer to the cheerleaders! Wish me luck!

My sisters boyfriend was a security guard for Dan Snyder for about a year. He was fired I think for some reason (probably because I kept telling him to pass along notes to Dan about my thoughts on the draft lol). But he found that job through a friend. So it looks like you either need to know someone or to just show up and demand a job.

BTW, I'm going to demand I am the personal trainer to the cheerleaders! Wish me luck!

I changed my mind, I want to be the underwear checker for the cheerleaders.

it's more than just cutting grass. Go to any golf course or country club and whoever is in charge there has a horticulture degree.

This is true. Plus most places (like golf courses, pro football/baseball) you have to be almost like an apprentice.

I'm one of the lucky ones who has done it before. You honestly have to have some serious connections to either work at a camp and in the FO. Last year I did training camp stuff, and this year I might be upgraded into the FO! Seriously though, the only reason I am getting the job is because one of the Skin's big guns lives next door.

Generally to get any of the ballboy type jobs you have to know somebody. A friend of a friend works for the Giants every summer because someone in his family is either a relative or a good friend of someone in the Giants organization.

Another friend of mine was offered a job with the Pats a few years ago because his grandfather and uncle both know Bill fro their days at Annapolis but he turned it down because he didn't want to be away the whole summer.

Good luck on your search as it would definitely be a lot of fun. Though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Well... it is a job. So, you have to weigh the good with the bad.

Exactly. I was an intern for the Skins for a year, and it is a job. I did not just sit around and watch the game, I worked and because of that I got to do some really cool stuff that many of the others did not get to do.

I know a guy who works in the media relations department for the Broncos scheduling interviews with the players and serving as a liason between all the media and the team. He also held a similar job for the Bucs. Like most others, he started it as an intern while in college and has worked his way up. He said its an awesome job, and he gets to be on the field and in the locker room on game days, but he works long hours and works really hard.

I'm one of the lucky ones who has done it before. You honestly have to have some serious connections to either work at a camp and in the FO. Last year I did training camp stuff, and this year I might be upgraded into the FO! Seriously though, the only reason I am getting the job is because one of the Skin's big guns lives next door.

Use my name.

Seriously, how was it?

Archived