Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A possible trade scenario?

haraldjun

our 1st to Atlanta for two 2nd (48 & 37)

and than draft a WR, a CB and a DE in the second, dont know who may be available due to the unpredictability of the draft but at least we should get some decent value

There was a thread about this very trade scenario yesterday.... And no way Atlanta gives us their 37th and 48th for our 21st.

There was a thread about this very trade scenario yesterday.... And no way Atlanta gives us their 37th and 48th for our 21st.

From the draft value chart:

#37 + #48 = 530 + 420 = 950 pts

#21 = 800 pts

To make it more even, we'd have to throw in our original 3rd round pick (#84), which is 170 pts.

We would do that in a second, but the problem is Atlanta would never do it. the 21st pick is worth 800 points, and the 37th pick and 48th are worth 530 and 420 respectively. So we would have a 150 point advantage.... Theres always hope!

There is definitely always hope. I mean we had a 5560 pt advantage in the Ricky Williams trade.

i dunno why you people think the redskins can convince other teams who have a plan in place to just jump up. The falcons hired a personnel guy from the patriots and they plan on adding alot of pieces thru the draft. Why would they want just jump 10 spots?

I think the skins will stay will all there picks this year. No trades in this draft. The only thing I'd be watching for is when they pick a WR. If they pick one in the first day you can be sure Chad Johnson is not coming. If they pick a WR in the 2nd day then a trade might occur for 2009 picks. Other than that I don't see them trading

Atlanta might give up it's first pick in round two and round three but no way they give up BOTH 2nd rounders.....not even for Brian Brohm.

Atlanta can squash all of the trade talk by drafting Matt Ryan with pick #3, however if they pass then pandora's box may be open. For them to think that Brohm,Henne and Flacco are all going to still be on the board at #34 would IMO be foolish. Let`s say they pass and Baltimore takes Ryan followed by possibly Chicago or Tampa Bay (you how Gruden loves his QB`s) taking Brohm. Should that happen it could be Panic Button time with Miami and maybe one other team looking for a QB between them and our #21......That`s when we will see if the point value difference is too much. I love the draft all kinds of crazy possibilities.

:cheers:

Considering that the Skins FO now seems to be focused on the draft for addressing their needs -- movement down -- or up! -- with our picks is a very real possibility. I think Dan Snyder is going to want to wheel & deal a bit, somehow.

For some reason, I still feel that we may decide to make a move up in the second round, perhaps using one of our lower picks to upgrade our second-round pick.

Atlanta might give up it's first pick in round two and round three but no way they give up BOTH 2nd rounders.....not even for Brian Brohm.

Jimbo- you may have something.

It would give us two second round picks and three third round picks. That doesnt sound all that bad.

A offensive and defensive lineman with the 2nd round picks.

A WR, a DB and a BPA with the third rounders.

Hmmmm................................

My 2008 draft wish list

1) B. Albert OG Virgina

2) A. Cason DB Arizona

3) J. Nelson WR K-State

3) C. Ellis DE Va Tech

5) B. Richardson OT Clemson

6) D. Brooks P Ga Tech

7) M. Monk WR Arkansas

7) M. Flynn QB LSU

7) M. Howard OLB Georgia

QUOTE]

:2cents:

I know I've seen it in other threads, but I wanted to give my opinion too. I really like this wishlist, texas. Addresses the needs with strong talent. I might make one small change of Jamie Silva, Safety from BC in the 6th (if he's there, of course), instead of Brooks. Would be nice if we could fit Owen Schmidt in there too, but that's just wishful thinking.

Archived