Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs should do coin toss at first home game (merged)

GibbsRedskin

I am not going to single out people, because then this thread will descend into personal attacks and namecalling. These types of posts are very easy to find, however, and plentiful.

I wasn't asking you to single anyone out, I'm just curious what thread or posts led you to think this thread was necessary.

Here are two particulary troubling quotes:

"No. Gibbs should go away and stay away. He can come back in a few years and do the odd appearance or some other 'thanks for the memory's' type stuff. All he is now is a distraction."

"Gibbs, if he has any respect for Zorn, will stay as far away as possible for at least a few years."

"No. Gibbs should go away and stay away. He can come back in a few years and do the odd appearance or some other 'thanks for the memory's' type stuff. All he is now is a distraction."

"Gibbs, if he has any respect for Zorn, will stay as far away as possible for at least a few years."

They are probably right? They only said for a few years, we all love Joe Gibbs but this might be best??

I don't understand how thats bringing down Joe Gibbs or praising Zorn at all..

I wasn't asking you to single anyone out, I'm just curious what thread or posts led you to think this thread was necessary.

Or maybe he could've posted this in his choice of "Give Zorn a Chance" threads. It's not like there aren't plenty of them to choose from already.

:laugh:

Wild thread.

Everyone loved Gibbs 1.....the greatest of all time. Many thought he was weak in his second stint.

Why would you want Gibbs to do the opening coin toss this season? To add pressure to Zorn? Who is the coach here?

I haven't seen many praise Zorn.....he has no track record to praise.

The Gibbs era is over bro.......let it go. Time to move on.

:cheers:

I think a little context is important. Neither post was discrediting Gibbs' accomplishment as HC, they were made in reply to an idea that Joe Gibbs should conduct the coin toss ceremony during our home opener.

I have all the respect in the world for Gibbs, but I agree with the above 2 quotes. Most sensible people do. :)

So you'll have to do better than that. Sorry. Clock is ticking :)

So are you saying Gibbs is exempt from criticism? Gibbs did plenty of things that would warrant "bashing". You cant tell me the botched time management and his conservative style didnt get under your skin from time to time. I am grateful that he came back and made the redskins a playoff conteder again. However, i dont agree with your point of view that Gibbs bashers are the lowest of the low. Fact is, a lot of people are excited about Zorn. Gibbs deserves praise as well as criticism.

Or maybe he could've posted this in his choice of "Give Zorn a Chance" threads. It's not like there aren't plenty of them to choose from already.

:laugh:

Why do something as silly as that when you can start a thread about it? sheesh.

:silly:

Why do something as silly as that when you can start a thread about it? sheesh.

:silly:

I'm shocked ... you're giving him a chance and the clock is ticking. If I were you, I'd put my foot down and give him NNT just because I could.

The above statement explains why you're a mod and why I'll never ever be one.

And your point? I agree with the two quotes. Gibbs stunk up the joint while he was here and I said right after his first year in 04, this team would not go anywhere with him and I was right. I applaud him for leaving, it was best for him and the team.

Gibbs stunk up the joint while he was here and I said right after his first year in 04, this team would not go anywhere with him and I was right. I applaud him for leaving, it was best for him and the team.

This is the exact type of garbage I am talking about. This isn't an opinion - it is WRONG and FACTUALLY INACCURATE.

Gibbs took this team to the playoffs twice in four years, a feat it had achieved ONCE in the previous 12 YEARS! That is not "stinking up the joint" or "not going anywhere," it is major progress for what was becoming one of the most futile, embarrassing franchises in the NFL. It's nice to brag about making money, which some Redskins fans have become accustomed to doing, but wins and losses and playoff appearances are what makes a team successful.

Fans like you, with no perspective and a genuine disrespect for Joe Gibbs, make me absolutely sick.

Some of you folks need to take off the rose-colored glasses. GIBBS IS GONE!!!! Why would he come back for some meaningless coin-toss at a new coach's very first game??

And forget all that "consultant" stuff that Snyder has been selling you about Gibbs. Here's how it works: Snyder calls Gibbs and tells him what his decision is about some matter. Gibbs replies "Gee, that's swell."

Some of you folks need to take off the rose-colored glasses. GIBBS IS GONE!!!!
Yes, it's the fans who recognize the great accomplishments of Joe Gibbs that are delusional, not the people anointing a new coach who's never called in a play from NFL sidelines as Jesus Christ. :doh:

Yes, it's the fans who recognize the great accomplishments of Joe Gibbs that are delusional, not the people anointing a new coach who's never called in a play from NFL sidelines as Jesus Christ. :doh:

What does any of that have to do with a coin toss?

Gibbs is already in the Hall of Fame, so the icing on the cake is allowing him to toss a stupid coin several months after he quit with a year remaining on his contract?

Maybe we could all respect Gibbs for his valuable contributions to the franchise, thank him profusely, and close that chapter in Redskins history in the interest of moving forward.

THEN, we could show support to Jim Zorn and give him the benefit of the doubt for at least his first season, maybe even his first 2. (I know that's asking way too much, but oh well)

and THEN, we could all shut up about it :)

This is a no-brainer: everyone agree?

I disagree. It would be a classy move if Gibbs was 90 years old and he could hobble out there cane in hand, but what would good would it serve to bring him back to do this next year? Sure Gibbs is a coaching God in my books and gave me many good memories as a kid, but a coin toss next year would seem odd.

HTTR

When did I ever say it would be the icing on the cake?

Oh, and about your little "quit with one year left on his contract" shot at Gibbs: If Zorn loses these next 2 years, I guarantee you that our owner will not honor his contract.

Ok, and... ?

Archived