Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportingNews: Judge threatens to jail cop in Sean Taylor case

slinky

Oh please. How many of you never waited until the night before to finish that big school report. ALL of you have.

little bit of difference between a term paper for college and a murder investigation report.

hopefully he isnt at a block party doing keg stands like I was when papers were due..:cheers:

Seems a little harsh. (the judge that is, not the post above...lol)

The article mentioned part of the reason was because of the complexity of the case - if that is true than I wouldn't mind waiting myself. :2cents:

nah it said that it is being delayed because of the Detectives "caseloads" and the complexity of his "case's (as in plural)

meaning he's a pretty busy detective. I for one would be all over a case as high profiled as this one

nah it said that it is being delayed because of the Detectives "caseloads" and the complexity of his "case's (as in plural)

meaning he's a pretty busy detective. I for one would be all over a case as high profiled as this one

Oh, you're right. Well damn, that's kinda messed up then.

Ehhh this is a tough call. If the cop is slacking off, he should be dealt with internally. The last thing anyone wants is for the final report to come through with inaccuracies or be hastily thrown together. I'd rather they just assign their best detective to the case and go from there.

The Sporting News reports Judge Dennis Murphy gave Juan Segovia, a homicide detective investigating former Washington Redskins FS Sean Taylor's death, until April 28 to finish his report, according to the Miami Herald. If the detective does not finish his report by April 28, the cop will go to jail. "If Mr. Segovia hasn't completed his report by then, I'll find a little space for him over at the Dade County Jail," Murphy said. "I hope someone can pass that on to him."

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Tell that detective to know and understand the parameters of his /her job and manage their case load...that dumb f***!
Couldnt have said it better myself.

I guess you have been a detective, or a police officer and understand how a minute detail in the report can actually set someone free. You obviously also understand how any detective in that area probably has a large quantity of serious cases.

Proving someone is guilty in court is not as easy as you think, or even as maybe it should be. EVERY little part of that report has to be perfect.

Just because this case is in the sportlight you are quick to jump on his back. I have no idea what your job is, but Im sure at some point or another, you have fallen behind and no one has called you a $#$(@$*&@*&$&(@#*(.

Ehhh this is a tough call. If the cop is slacking off, he should be dealt with internally. The last thing anyone wants is for the final report to come through with inaccuracies or be hastily thrown together. I'd rather they just assign their best detective to the case and go from there.

agree 100%.we dont want to rush the guy so much that he may skip over something important,either give him a tad bit more time or get somebody else

Archived