Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley on Sirius NFL Radio

Fifty Gut

I like Jason a great deal, and I think (and hope) he can be a good QB.

However, what else could Cooley really say? That he and the recievers all hate him and wish Brunell was still here?

It's almost impossible to really get any useful info from thise interviews, but I am happy thay had a Redskin on the show.

One thing I noticed when talking about the offense last year, Cooley would be quick to say it was nice and move on to the next subject. That Cooley would go into detail on this subject is nice to hear.

I think if he didn't feel Campbell was a problem, he wouldn't hype Campbell up the way he and all of his teammates are. Half the battle of a young starting qb is getting your teammates to buy into you. Campbell has done that and then some IMHO

I like Jason a great deal, and I think (and hope) he can be a good QB.

However, what else could Cooley really say? That he and the recievers all hate him and wish Brunell was still here?

It's almost impossible to really get any useful info from thise interviews, but I am happy thay had a Redskin on the show.

You're right. For the most part player interviews are boring, scripted, bull****. I actually find player / prospective player interviews on NFL Sirius Radio to be the most boring part of shows.

That being said, Cooley seems to be the exception. I don't know for sure of course, but all his interviews come off very humble, very genuine. If I'm not mistaken it was him who admitted Gibbs would tone down the gameplan at half time of games last season when he had taken a lead.

this is why i think Jason is the longterm answer...he can't be rattled

Yeah, if he's good! He's still unproven in my book. Yeah he's had flashes of being good, but he's not consistent and he's anything BUT clutch (see @Dallas and @TB). I don't care if he were to get hit by Sean Taylor going 70 miles an hour and pop right back up with no wince on his face, if he doesn't end up being good, HE AINT THE LONGTERM ANSWER.

Not trying to call you out, and it's nothing personal .... but I think the reason folks are responding to you with criticisms is that most of your comments are nothing more than random guesses, or a "shots in the dark" as they say. not saying you couldn't be onto something, but there is no proof in the pudding. Nothing personal. :cheers:

And all of these comments have been factully proven and are NOT random guesses or shots in the dark? :doh:

Not JC
Yeah, I think you missed the part where we were talking about Jason Campbell ...

You see here's the thing, Jason Campbell can't be rattled ...

I will refer you to this post...

Originally Posted by gortiz

Yeah, I think you missed the part where we were talking about Jason Campbell ...

You see here's the thing, Jason Campbell can't be rattled ...

what proof other than what JLC wrote in his blog that JC was depressed was there? I think it's just as likely he was upset that he got injured and couldn't play and help the team, more so than he was "jealous" of another teammates success. None of us know what or how he felt at the time and to claim so is nothing more than rumor spreading.

At times, Campbell said, he has been depressed, but he said he is genuinely happy for Collins -- "He's studied his butt off and he deserves a chance" -- and his teammates.

This is from the JLC blog. It was reported that Campbell himself was depressed.

In my opinion if a QB is depressed because he is injured and his team is winning with somebody else, that qualifies as getting rattled.

This is from the JLC blog. It was reported that Campbell himself was depressed.

In my opinion if a QB is depressed because he is injured and his team is winning with somebody else, that qualifies as getting rattled.

I really don't understand your logic. So a qb is rattled when his backup comes into his job and is successful. Suddenly the oline blocks, the receivers stop dropping the ball, and the running game comes alive... And he's not supposed to be rattled? I don't think any qb in the league wouldn't be rattled by that. But when you talk about poise, you talk about the team and their confidence in him when the game is on the line. Campbell has the poise you look for.

you cant really use the first game in NY as an argument. The wind was crazy that game and neither quarterback did anything worth talking about because of it.

I love how this guy has 4-5 examples and you and the next guy only go...you can't count the Giants game. :laugh:

Could somebody, when they get done arguing over JC's composure, give me a complete recap of the interview or tell me which show this was on (Sirius Blitz/Opening Drive) so I might be able to find a repeat later tonight. Thanks. :)

it was on the Sirius Blitz with Adam and Tim

I love how this guy has 4-5 examples and you and the next guy only go...you can't count the Giants game. :laugh:

That was the only example that needed any countering... the rest were pretty straight forward and besides the seattle game where everything about our offense looked anemic, the rest of the things said we will never know whether JC playing or not would have made a difference.

EVERY QB can be rattled.

It won't show on Jason's face if he is rattled, but it will show in his eyes. I learned to read his eyes when he was under center, watching him for 4 years at Auburn. If he is not sure of the play/defensive read there is a question mark look to his eyes. And I saw it tens times more last year than I saw it in 2004 at Auburn.

Thats why I'm worried about him as our franchise QB. The guy's a drone out there with not an ounce of emotion. I want to see him screaming in someone's face for making the wrong route or missing a block. Like what Collin's did in the playoff game to Sellars. Once he gets that, he'll be the whole package.

Yeah, if he's good! He's still unproven in my book. Yeah he's had flashes of being good, but he's not consistent and he's anything BUT clutch (see @Dallas and @TB). I don't care if he were to get hit by Sean Taylor going 70 miles an hour and pop right back up with no wince on his face, if he doesn't end up being good, HE AINT THE LONGTERM ANSWER.

I dont care if you like JC, think he is a bust or what ever have you, but when you put together a sentence that states Jason Campbell getting hit by Sean Taylor really provokes me to say something and well... Work some things out get some things straight.. Are you even a fan? Obviously not or, ooooooh it may be because.. Hmmm. Your AN IMBRED! You are from Texas! :dallasuck Should have figured :doh: If your not a fan then get off the board or at least dont make asinine comments about a possible set of future hall of famers and if you get the itch or urge to do so then just surprise ma one day before or after you have given her the first "lovin" of the day and heck, grab pa he can watch! HEE HAW go out to the boonies and show her how the kindrid of texas' hillbilly bumpkins get down and dirty with dey brethren

HEE HAW :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I dont care if you like JC, think he is a bust or what ever have you, but when you put together a sentence that states Jason Campbell getting hit by Sean Taylor really provokes me to say something and well... Work some things out get some things straight.. Are you even a fan? Obviously not or, ooooooh it may be because.. Hmmm. Your AN IMBRED! You are from Texas! :dallasuck Should have figured :doh: If your not a fan then get off the board or at least dont make asinine comments about a possible set of future hall of famers and if you get the itch or urge to do so then just surprise ma one day before or after you have given her the first "lovin" of the day and heck, grab pa he can watch! HEE HAW go out to the boonies and show her how the kindrid of texas' hillbilly bumpkins get down and dirty with dey brethren

HEE HAW :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Your ignorance is really shinning through buddy, not to mention your poor spelling. IMBRED???? Try inbred. But to address your concern, I've been a fan all my life, my dad was born in D.C., went to college at TCU and thought he would move back but ended up getting married and never did. Our whole family loves the skins. The reason I mentioned Sean Taylor hitting him is because i was addressing him not getting rattled. So I named the hardest hitter I have ever seen. The point is, if he never becomes a winner and performs in the clutch, then i dont care if he stays cool calm and collected.

Jason is a questionable QB right now. For all that we have invested in him, he is like "bears and sterns" and we may need someone to bail him and the Skins out.

JC has been babied alot and has a mouth on him. Wish he would spend more time on the field improving his passing accuracy, making better decisions, and improving his intelluctual ability to read defenses.

He has a good arm, but alone doesn't make a good QB. QBs who were drafted in the same year have acheived alot more than JC has.

Keep in mind the Skins gave up 3 picks - 2 first rounders for this dude... and, in my books he has earned jack. He is no Eli Manning, or Ben Rothleisberger, or for that matter a Drew Breeze!

He needs to win crucial games - especially in the 4th quarter where he has repeatedly choked.

Time to get some real competition to light the fire underneath his bottom. No one should take/or be give a guarantee of their position. They should earn it. JC look over your shoulder ... and, play like it's your last game. 'cause it really could be.

He was rattled during the Patriots game, for sure.

I love him, but he was definitely rattled.

I think to be fair, pretty much every guy on our team was rattled after the 52-7 thumping we took in New England. But yes, Jason was defintely rattled after Vrabel had a career day against us.

But I think the point people are trying to make is that Jason shows alot more poise and calm in the face of pressure than most young QBs do at this stage in their careers. Personally, after having to deal with Patrick 'Happy Feet' Ramsey, it's refreshing to see a poised young QB under center for us. :silly:

But you see. In those two games he marched us right down the field. He just made critical mistakes once in the redzone. Thats where JC needs to improve.

I'm optimistic, but like you, taking a wait-and-see approach.

With the game on the line, down by a touchdown, can Zorn help teach Campbell to march down the field with a minute or two to go and win it? Because last year we let a couple games get away from us at Dallas and at Tampa. Hopefully Zorn can get him over the hump!

EVERY QB can be rattled.

I was at the Giants game 2 years ago....JC cannot be rattled.

He took a monster hit in a game that meant nothing, most QBs would've taken off their pads and slapped on the visor....not JC.

Thought JC has made some bad passes lately, I honestly believe we have a gem on our hands.

Thats why I'm worried about him as our franchise QB. The guy's a drone out there with not an ounce of emotion. I want to see him screaming in someone's face for making the wrong route or missing a block. Like what Collin's did in the playoff game to Sellars. Once he gets that, he'll be the whole package.

That type of stuff comes with experience and comfort in a scheme...Plus I think this teams (our O especially) lack of emotion was brought on by Gibbs, as a young team will typically take on the personality of it's coach...

But you see. In those two games he marched us right down the field. He just made critical mistakes once in the redzone. Thats where JC needs to improve.

Exactly Jason needs to improve in the REDZONE...I think one thing that will help him is better play design/calling down there...IMHO JC has proven he is clutch...He has won a game late(06 vs. Carolina) and he has routinely made big 3rd and 4th down passes, and driven the team down the field in pressure situations...He just has to get better in the REDZONE...

I think to be fair, pretty much every guy on our team was rattled after the 52-7 thumping we took in New England. But yes, Jason was defintely rattled after Vrabel had a career day against us.

But I think the point people are trying to make is that Jason shows alot more poise and calm in the face of pressure than most young QBs do at this stage in their careers. Personally, after having to deal with Patrick 'Happy Feet' Ramsey, it's refreshing to see a poised young QB under center for us. :silly:

No the point people were trying to make is that he can't be rattled.

Archived