Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley on Sirius NFL Radio

Fifty Gut

He has a good arm, but alone doesn't make a good QB. QBs who were drafted in the same year have acheived alot more than JC has.

And who would they be?

Alex Smith

TD 19 INT 31 QBR 63.5

Aaron Rogers

TD 1 INT 0 QBR 106 (based on 35/59 and 329 yds)

Charlie Frye

TD 14 INT 23 QBR 71.1

Andrew Walter

TD 3 INT 13 QBR 56.3

David Greene

No Statistics

This is from the JLC blog. It was reported that Campbell himself was depressed.

In my opinion if a QB is depressed because he is injured and his team is winning with somebody else, that qualifies as getting rattled.

hey Robbnva, I have no problem with that line of thought. Whatever floats your boat.

But, there is still no PROOF whatsoever that the "reason" JC was depressed was because Collins was having success with the team. Maybe you're right and I'm wrong, find me a quote that says so and i will eat crow on this.

Until then is just an assumption on your part, and JLC for that matter.

And all of these comments have been factully proven and are NOT random guesses or shots in the dark? :doh:

My comments and opinions are no more "fact" than are yours. That was my whole point. Like I said, JLC saying that JC admitted he was a bit depressed in no way indicates it is because Collins was having success, and that gives you the overriding authrotiy to deem JC as being "RATTLED" because of that.

So yeah, your comments are "shots in the dark." I'm not claiming that I can define a player as "being rattled" because of a JLC comment or a one liner from JC. My comments are opinions, as are yours. Nothing more nothing less.

You did quote JC as saying he was "happy for the success" of Collins and the team. Maybe he was bull****ting ... I'm not saying he wasn't. I am just saying you have no proof he was not being honest

Look, I'm not saying you aren't onto something or it isn't possible he was depressed "because Collins was having success" ... (which by the way implies jealousy and is an unfounded attack on his character) ... but I'll reiterate the same point I have made in all 3 posts in this thread. There is no proof of that.

Personally speaking, I think trying to define that one comment as evidence he was "rattled" is not a very strong argument. Again, nothing personal so I hope you don't think i am attacking you. That was not my intent and I apologize if I came across that way. :cheers:

Keep in mind the Skins gave up 3 picks - 2 first rounders for this dude... and, in my books he has earned jack. He is no Eli Manning, or Ben Rothleisberger, or for that matter a Drew Breeze!

We gave up 3 picks for him but only 1 first rounder.

Redskins get: Denver's first-round pick (No. 25), which is used to select QB Jason Campbell.

Broncos get: Washington's third-round pick (No. 76) they used to select CB Karl Paymah, and first- and fourth-round picks in next year's draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2041490

Archived