Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things to do in San Diego

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Guest sith lord
So, tomorrow I'll be boarding a flight going to Daygo. I'm going to be there from Friday till Monday. It's my first time going out west, and I'm pretty excited. Regardless, I definitely want to check out the zoo (yes I'm a dork like that), but I also want to do some other stuff. Any suggestions?

Going to the zoo doesn't make you a dork. We go to the zoo every year and I'm not a dork. But have a good time.

Believe it or not, San Diego has one of the best collections of microbreweries in America. I'm not sure about the quantity, but the quality is top notch. If you like beer, I would suggested asking if their are any in your area.

:chug:

Karl Strauss brewery downtown.

Stone Brewery in Oceanside

Gordon Beirsch in Mission valley

San Diego Brew Co in Mission Gorge

Sea World

Gaslamp

La Jolla

Ocean Beach

Pacific Beach

Mt Soledad

Karl Strauss brewery downtown.

Stone Brewery in Oceanside

Gordon Beirsch in Mission valley

San Diego Brew Co in Mission Gorge

Sea World

Gaslamp

La Jolla

Ocean Beach

Pacific Beach

Mt Soledad

Stone is the one that's top notch, right?

My little brother went to school with the guy who founded Gordon Beirsch... needless to say, the guy is ****ing LOADED.

Stone is the one that's top notch, right?

My little brother went to school with the guy who founded Gordon Beirsch... needless to say, the guy is ****ing LOADED.

karl Strauss isnt a nationally known beer?

karl and stone are pretty much equal I think. They both have beautiful resturaunts/breweries and are just really fun.

Also you can go to The Yard House. they have 125 beers on tap and pretty good food too.

san diego and micro beer go together like peanut butter and jelly. you can get a good beer pretty much everywhere here.

Eh, come on over. I'll have the wife whip up some tinga for us.

Actually, before you get out of the Airport, grab a Reader. Its a free newspaper with all the bands, comedians, plays, exhibits, whatever that are going on in San Diego.

I don't know if you've been there before, but the Zoo is in Balboa Park, and there is a ****load of stuff to do in Balboa Park. So check out the museums and what not while you're there.

Also, not far away is a nice little bar called the Brass Rail. Its right on University and 5th. Let me know if you check it out.

Rince is right, there are some nice brew pubs around. The Rock Bottom Brewery in La Jolla is pretty fun for a young whipper-snapper like you. BTW, thats "La Hoi-ya", like the Georgetown mascot. Don't sound like a dork when you get here.

Actually, before you get out of the Airport, grab a Reader. Its a free newspaper with all the bands, comedians, plays, exhibits, whatever that are going on in San Diego.

I don't know if you've been there before, but the Zoo is in Balboa Park, and there is a ****load of stuff to do in Balboa Park. So check out the museums and what not while you're there.

Also, not far away is a nice little bar called the Brass Rail. Its right on University and 5th. Let me know if you check it out.

Rince is right, there are some nice brew pubs around. The Rock Bottom Brewery in La Jolla is pretty fun for a young whipper-snapper like you. BTW, thats "La Hoi-ya", like the Georgetown mascot. Don't sound like a dork when you get here.

Im not even going to comment here :laugh:

Should he drop your name at the Brass Rail for special treatment?

Are you flying jet blue out of dulles by chance? If so, you'll be on my flight. The zoo's okay... I just don't like paying 30 bucks to go look at animals that are free in DC.

If you're looking to go out at night, the Gaslamp quarter, like Mike said, is the place to be. You can check out Petco Park (no home games this weekend, though) and ride the trolley. What part of SD are you staying in? If you're further south/west, PB (Pacific Beach) is my favorite beach. The shopping's great there, but you probably don't care too much about that :silly: More of a younger crowd, but there will be a bunch of Jarheads there on the weekends. PB Bar and Grill has great tacos...too bad you won't be there for Taco Tuesday. But you should hit that place up regardless. Mission/Ocean beach has more of a hippie/reggae vibe to it.

If you're staying in North County (where I live- Oceanside, Carlsbad, Escondido, San Marcos, etc.), the city's about a 35 minute drive south. If you can, take the Coaster (there are stops in Oceanside, Carlsbad, Solana Beach, Del Mar, etc.) From Carlsbad (the nicest station), it's $11 round trip to the city. The Coaster is AWESOME. It is how we get to EVERY Padres game, but you can use it to get downtown. You can bring your own booze on it and it's about an hour train ride down to the city. It goes right on the coast, and it's a great view. You get to ride the trolley for free if you have a Coaster ticket, so once you get to the city you can take the trolley around.

You can check out Qualcomm (Chargers Stadium). It's near Fashion Valley Mall off the 163.

Check out La Jolla- it is GORGEOUS. Encinitas has some cute restaurants and is a cute little town.

If you can, just take a drive up coast highway (rte.1). You can drive up the entire coast of California on it. If you come to Oceanside, you can see the house from Top Gun (that Maverick's girlfriend lived in) and see the area from the scene where Maverick drives his motorcycle. (General info, I know, but there's a specific place).

Disneyland is about 1.5 hours north. So is Knotts Berry Farm.

Let me know if you want any more info, I'm giving you a ton.

Pizza Port has great pizza and great beer too. I think they have two locations, but I have only been to the one in Solona Beach.

There's a Pizza Port in Carlsbad. Think it's right off rte.1. Homemade brews and cool t-shirts. Surfer spot.

Should he drop your name at the Brass Rail for special treatment?

I didnt wanna say it!!

its funny how when people ask what to do in SD all of us are immediately there. Me, you, MissU, flashback and we all have a gazillion ideas of what is fun.

SD is a really cool city in general...and thats not even counting the weather.

Slacky dont pack anything too warm bro. Its like 50 at night right now.

Stone brewery is awesome. It is in Escondido.

Stone used to be my favorite, but I think I like Ale Smith better now. They are in Miramar.

Firehouse Brewing Company is pretty good, too. It's in a really small building in Miramar and it's not a restaurant like some of the breweries like Karl Strauss and Stone. My brother had extra tour tickets for it, and the guy that took us on a tour was awesome...gave us all this extra beer :) Kinda hard to find, but it's a cool place.

So, tomorrow I'll be boarding a flight going to Daygo. I'm going to be there from Friday till Monday. It's my first time going out west, and I'm pretty excited. Regardless, I definitely want to check out the zoo (yes I'm a dork like that), but I also want to do some other stuff. Any suggestions?

Dude for one. Im very jealous.

I attented school at San Diego-La Mesa briefly, and it was honestly the best 8 months of my life.

Enjoy the weather, the beer, the women, and the pot.

:mad: I know, that new law sucks. I'll still bring it sneakily. ;) Shhh!

just get a big gulp cup and a backpack. They arent smart enough to figure that out yet.

if its still banned by the 4th Im not going to do my regular routine of being in OB from sun up until sundown.

just get a big gulp cup and a backpack. They arent smart enough to figure that out yet.

if its still banned by the 4th Im not going to do my regular routine of being in OB from sun up until sundown.

The booze ban will last forever. Once it hit the books it made it near impossible to repeal.

I'm not staying here for the 4th this year. I going down to Mexico where you still have the freedom to drink on the beach.

SSM, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'll come clean.

The Brass Rail is a gay bar. It may be the gayest bar. The Brass Rail is so gay, other gay bars look at it, and go "Damn! That's gay!"

I used to work across the street in an office in the Union Bank building. Whenever we got a new employee from Idaho or somewhere, we'd tell him to meet us over at the Brass Rail for a drink after work, and then none of us would show up. It only worked once, but damn, it was funny.

Anyway, enjoy your trip. It really is a nice place to just hang out.

Archived