Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things to do in San Diego

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Yeah, they are better expecially for commuting. The thing is, San Diego is mostly large suburban style residential neighborhoods connected by freeways. You don't have too many old neighborhoods worth wandering around in, other than the little Gaslamp quarter. Downtown is empty.

Now I cant agree with that. You can walk thru OB, Point Loma, Bankers Hill, North Park, College Area and see all sorts of spanish style houses and nice mansions. There are alot of nice places to walk around in SD.

It's kind of like LA, or even more, like Orange County. It's a fantastic place because of the weather and the great places you can go in your car - the beach, the mountains, Balboa Park, Mexico, etc. It's just not very ... city-ish. Lots of people love living there and its great to visit.

Thats an insult to people who live in SD. We hate OC and LA.

I guess. I found it depressing. Too much concrete painted baby blue. The Zoo is so much better in every way, and its up in Balboa Park with lots of other nice things.

Maybe you're not a fish person then..I dunno. I personally thought watching the Shamu show/dolphins/shark encounter is amazing. And dont even get me started on The Anheiser Busch Beer college that I graduated from Valedictorian!! Got a degree to prove it. "Michael Big Daddy C..."

A place that I really enjoy is a little bar in the Valencia hotel in La Jolla, in the cove. They have a guy who plays piano and saxophone and does covers of old Billy Joel, Sting, stuff like that. You can have dinner if you want or just drinks, and about 4 people at a time can dance. But its a really fun time. Not many 24 year olds hangin' out at the piano bar, but it's a great night out for an old fart like me. :)

A place that I really enjoy is a little bar in the Valencia hotel in La Jolla, in the cove. They have a guy who plays piano and saxophone and does covers of old Billy Joel, Sting, stuff like that. You can have dinner if you want or just drinks, and about 4 people at a time can dance. But its a really fun time. Not many 24 year olds hangin' out at the piano bar, but it's a great night out for an old fart like me. :)

Ever go to the Marine Room up in Del Mar? A little pricy but the best atmosphere in my opinion. The whole wall is a window that is RIGHT on the ocean. There is a piano player and sax guy as well and the dance floor is a little bigger. The prices are kind of high but a very well reccomended romantic spot IMO.

Now I cant agree with that. You can walk thru OB, Point Loma, Bankers Hill, North Park, College Area and see all sorts of spanish style houses and nice mansions. There are alot of nice places to walk around in SD.

Thats an insult to people who live in SD. We hate OC and LA.

There is something that San Franciscans and San Diegans can agree on. :cheers:

Maybe you're not a fish person then..I dunno. I personally thought watching the Shamu show/dolphins/shark encounter is amazing. And dont even get me started on The Anheiser Busch Beer college that I graduated from Valedictorian!! Got a degree to prove it. "Michael Big Daddy C..."

No, I loves me some Orcas and stuff. It's just the overall atmosphere of Sea World. Maybe they have upgraded the place, but years ago when I went, it felt like a 40 year old Soviet theme park. :silly: All flat and concrete, not enough trees, hot, smelly... the Zoo blew Sea World off the map.

I'm not here to knock SD - it's got a ton going for it!

Ever go to the Marine Room up in Del Mar? A little pricy but the best atmosphere in my opinion. The whole wall is a window that is RIGHT on the ocean. There is a piano player and sax guy as well and the dance floor is a little bigger. The prices are kind of high but a very well reccomended romantic spot IMO.

I haven't tried the Marine Room. I've been to the Poseidon (which sounds just like it), Jake's (right next door to Poseidon, just a little more laid back), and a couple of the restaurants in the little outdoor, 4 story mall right on Camino Del Mar. Right across the street from the racetrack on Ville de la Valle there's a place called Red Tracton's, but I only recommend it if you either just hit a trifecta and have an extra $200 burning a hole in your pocket, or you're a CEO of major corporation. Its pricey, is what I'm trying to get at.

I couldn't tell you the name of it, but there's a bar in Del Mar, and its not much from the outside, but you go in, and there's this huge outdoor area in the middle, so you can actually smoke. Be careful not to burn anybody, they pack 'em in.

There is something that San Franciscans and San Diegans can agree on. :cheers:

No, I loves me some Orcas and stuff. It's just the overall atmosphere of Sea World. Maybe they have upgraded the place, but years ago when I went, it felt like a 40 year old Soviet theme park. :silly: All flat and concrete, not enough trees, hot, smelly... the Zoo blew Sea World off the map.

I'm not here to knock SD - it's got a ton going for it!

Oh I know you aint knockin it..youre right about the transit..we need a BART style badly.

Archived