Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Those Who Whine About Redskins Ticket Prices....

SonnyandSam

reasonable price and actually seeing the game are they the same, are we talking about the same thing here? Some may say the obstructed view is reasonable in price when compared to other tickets, but I prefer to see the game and not a pillar.

reasonable price and actually seeing the game are they the same, are we talking about the same thing here? Some may say the obstructed view is reasonable in price when compared to other tickets, but I prefer to see the game and not a pillar.

There's several advantages to reasonably priced OV

-they work if you're on a tight budget

-they are good for affording four tix that you otherwise couldn't afford (stick the kids in the OV)

-excluding Dallas, there are always empty un-OV seats you can move to

The skins don't really sell individual game tickets like other teams, they usually only have buybacks available, and they don't list them on sites like ticketmaster. Teams like the Browns, the Saints and pretty much most every other team does sell individual game tickets (not just buybacks) on third party sites like ticketmaster.

All I know is that 2 seasons ago, my tickets went up like 30%, and some "tax" was added by PG County.

So, it ended going from $79 to $99 per game, then another $10 in taxes per game. Spread that over 10 games and that's $300 for the season.

Now, I know they haven't moved the prices around that year, so it was quiet a shock. One way or another the prices would have gone to that level I'm sure.

There's several advantages to reasonably priced OV

-they work if you're on a tight budget

-they are good for affording four tix that you otherwise couldn't afford (stick the kids in the OV)

-excluding Dallas, there are always empty un-OV seats you can move to

Those are some pretty poor advantages. I can see alot more advantages to watching it at home on TV.

The most expensive beer I ever purchased was a Stella in Ford Field in Detroit...this was over Xmas last year....it cost $11. It was 22 ounces but it was 11 DOLLARS! Their watery beers (Bud, Coors, etc.) were $8.

All I know is that 2 seasons ago, my tickets went up like 30%, and some "tax" was added by PG County.

So, it ended going from $79 to $99 per game, then another $10 in taxes per game. Spread that over 10 games and that's $300 for the season.

Now, I know they haven't moved the prices around that year, so it was quiet a shock. One way or another the prices would have gone to that level I'm sure.

The tax wasn't added. Before 2006, the PG entertainment tax was absorbed into the cost of the ticket. Dan simply stopped that and had it "added" to the cost of the ticket. So now the Skins actually make face value on the tix, instead of paying 10% of face value to PG County. It was the way to raise ticket prices w/out calling it a rate increase. Your local government does the same thing all the time.;)

The most expensive beer I ever purchased was a Stella in Ford Field in Detroit...this was over Xmas last year....it cost $11. It was 22 ounces but it was 11 DOLLARS! Their watery beers (Bud, Coors, etc.) were $8.

I ordered a double Captain-n-Coke at the loge level bar in 2005. When the bar tender said "$18" I almost declined it. Here's a $20 keep the change.

It's probably an even $20 by now w/Danny inflation and all.

By a double Captain-n-Coke, I'm talking a 10 ounce cup instead of the six ounce cup they give you for a single. I could have bought a handle for that price.

:doh:

Every year the redskins not only call my phone but send me emails and paper mail stating they have tickets for me.

During the season i get emails stating they have game tickets ready, although those were returned tickets.

It would seem that even a team as popular as the skins puts in alot of effort to sell their seats during the season and the offseason.

It seems that everyyear one can call up the skins ticket office and nab seats somewhere.

Those are club and other premium seats they are trying to sell to you. We are talking about general admission, average Joe on the street tickets.

Premium and general admission tickets have a turnover every year...people move, people can't afford the tickets, people die, etc. Every team goes thru this.

It is a very different thing for me to have to wait on a a waiting list for 2, 5 10 years (take your pick on peoples' opinion) or my picking the phone up right now and buying general admission season tickets. Browns fans can do that....Redskins fans cannot.

>> Last time I checked, the Giants won the SuperBowl and 12th highest prices means there were 11 that were higher. I can count on Danny to jack up the prices whenever we make the playoffs....God help us if we ever win a SuperBowl.

:laugh: :laugh: :applause: :applause:

In that case, you have obviously never experienced the electric atmosphere of a Skins game at FedEx.

:point2sky

Actually I have thank you! Watching the game with Friends and or Family can be just as much fun, actually much more so than paying for obstructed view......

Those are club and other premium seats they are trying to sell to you. We are talking about general admission, average Joe on the street tickets.

Premium and general admission tickets have a turnover every year...people move, people can't afford the tickets, people die, etc. Every team goes thru this.

It is a very different thing for me to have to wait on a a waiting list for 2, 5 10 years (take your pick on peoples' opinion) or my picking the phone up right now and buying general admission season tickets. Browns fans can do that....Redskins fans cannot.

I dont think any ticket at a skins game is "general admission" meaning no assigned seat, but i understand what you are trying to say.

I believe there are always "Average joe" obstructed view seats up for sale too.

The point here is simple, the wait list, is pretty much a joke. If you tickets, they can be had.

I dont think any ticket at a skins game is "general admission" meaning no assigned seat, but i understand what you are trying to say.

I know what you're trying to say also.

At a concert for example, the open floor or field seats (or no seats) are called general admission, meaning no assigned seats and anybody can go there. The same could be said for a minor league baseball game or most HS football games outside the state of Texas.

The Redskins ticket office refers to all (non premium) season ticket accounts as "general admission", all of which are in the red seats of the upper and lower levels.

However, not all lower level seats are general admission since the advent of the Tailgate and Touchdown Clubs.

I see on there that they mention that they now have tickets available becaus of non-renewal of tickets from the year before. I clicked on the map of availability and it appears that they have nothing available in the lower level of the stadium and most of what is available is in the upper level. It wouldnt surprise me at all if they had a much lower turnover rate than the Skins, based on the fact that all their ticket holders had to pay a PSL to get the tickets to begin with.

Now, there is something on there about single game tickets being available possibily later in the year, but that is not uncommon for a lot teams to have a limited number of single game tickets available at some point during the summer to the general public. The Skins do not do that because they prefer to have the stadium sold out before the year starts. I know for a fact that the Browns, Panthers, and Broncos all do this over the summer.

Archived