Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disabled pregnant woman used as target practice

Seabee1973

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/21/torture.slaying.ap/index.html

ALTON, Illinois (AP) -- Banished to the basement, the 29-year-old mother with a childlike mind and another baby on the way had little more than a thin rug and a mattress to call her own on the chilly concrete floor.

art.torture.slaying.ap.jpg Five adults and a 12-year-old child were charged with Dorothy Dixon's murder.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Dorothy Dixon ate what she could forage from the refrigerator upstairs, where housemates used her for target practice with BBs, burned her with a glue gun and doused her with scalding liquid that peeled away her skin.

They torched what few clothes she had, so she walked around naked. They often pummeled her with an aluminum bat or metal handle.

Dixon -- six months pregnant -- died after weeks of abuse. Police have charged two adults, three teenagers and a 12-year-old boy with murder in the case that has repulsed many in this Mississippi River town.

click the link for rest of the article.

This is disgusting. The poor woman was probably so scared. I have an aunt like that and she gets so scared when my grandmother even leaves the room. I cant imagine the abuse this woman had to endure. They should bring back the electric chair for these nasty inbreds. Seriously who would do that to a mentally challenged woman who probably has never harmed anyone in her life?

This type of evilness is absolutely horrifying and physically sickening to me. My heart breaks for people who have to endure suffering at the hands of evil people whether here in the US or on a global scale. I just don't get it, I don't get how people can be so evil and harm other human beings, especially vulnerable people like the disabled, children, elderly, etc.

I guess the only good that can be taken out of this story is that this poor woman at least is no longer suffering unbearable torture and the perpetrators have been caught. I suspect that due to the horrifying nature of the facts surrounding the victim's death, these disgusting excuses for human beings will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

where's Jesse and Al now? I'm actually pretty surprised the "liberal" media decided to report this one, as for PC reasons they tend not to report black on white murder stories, like this one last year http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story.aspx?storyid=41276.

I'm guessing it's because the victim was mentally challenged that they considered it newsworthy. Horrible just horrible.

where's Jesse and Al now? I'm actually pretty surprised the "liberal" media decided to report this one, as for PC reasons they tend not to report black on white murder stories, like this one last year http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story.aspx?storyid=41276.

I'm guessing it's because the victim was mentally challenged that they considered it newsworthy. Horrible just horrible.

As horrible as that news story is you just linked to, wouldn't that just add to the stereotype that Obama was talking about with his grandmother?

Has Illinois reinstituted the death penalty they suspended in 2000?

Agreed, how anyone can read things like this and believe these people have any useful purpose on this planet is beyond me. I don't care what anyone says, these people deserve to be tortured, in public if at all possible

Um, aren't two of the main perps white? How is this a solely black on white murder story.

Plus, you can go both ways with the manufactured anger over the Media's percieved bias in reporting. Just like only missing and murdered well off white women get media coverage and outrage while minority missing and murdered women aren't a bleep on the radar of national news.

I can't believe it only took nine posts for someone to gratuitously use this to make a completely uncalled for commentary about race and politics. :doh: The only thing that really matters in this story is that an innocent human being suffered horribly and died for no reason. Count yourself in the same category with Sharpton that this was your first reaction.

How anyone can believe humankind is inherently good is beyond me.

What a terrible incident.

I agree with your take on inhernet goodness of humanity. Just ask yourself what would the world look like if they suspended all laws and enforcement for a few months.

This story is sickening. Life in prison without a chance of ever getting out is fitting. All those days and nights staring at walls and bars remembering what they did that cost them their freedom.

Right the media never makes minorities out to be criminals... never. All black and brown people are wonderful outstanding people on the news. I wonder is the angry white guy routine limited to blacks not getting enough bad press? Does the fact little brown and black children that go missing can't get a mention but a blonde girl goes missing and the whole country knows about it in seconds cause the same reaction?

Archived