Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caldwell to visit Rams

BALLz

He was a nice solid backup but I don't see the sense in keeping him when we have Moss and Randle-El on the roster...if we needed him for a 2nd WR I would want to keep him but I think we will be getting our number 2 in the draft or by developing Mix, with Randle-El the #3...in which case it wouldn't make sense to hold on to a guy who could be a solid #2 or #3 in the #4 spot. Keep Thrash for that spot.

I like(d) Caldwell, and somehow I was thinking he was older than 28. That's another positive thing to keeping him.

The "eyes" don't bother me. Mike Singletary used to have some crazy eyes when he played too and he did OK. No, the eyes just mean he's got vision for the field.:laugh:

As for Macklin, not sure he'd be all that missed here.

We should def try to keep him. Why waste a 3rd round pick on a WR when we have a perfectly respectable and serviceable guy here already who has proved himself in the NFL. He led the patriots in receptions in 2006 and filled in well here last year. He is likely to be better than any WR we can pick up in the mid/later rounds.

Not sure why Macklin didn't get a chance - I guess the coaches rated Eubanks and Torrence more than him. In that case, there's no point in keeping him.

I dont know what some of you are smoking, but drafting 3 WR's to play as rookies behind Moss and Randle El isnt a solution, its a problem. The assumption that we can just draft 2-3 WR's and they will all make the team, AND be the productive #3 WR that we have been missing is a bit of a stretch. Developing young talent is nice, but relying on it in players rookie seasons is just asking for disaster.

Caldwell evidently has an arthritic condition his knee that caused the Patriots to release him and keep Jabar Gaffney in 2007.

The question is what kind of a deal Caldwell will play for. I would not sign him for more than 1 year. If the Rams are going to offer him a 2-3 year deal, I would let him go.

Archived