Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay what gives? - Quote from Brams Blog

gortiz

Do you have a racist family member or friend?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a racist family member or friend?

• Yes
    • No

"Cerrato said the team offered much less then the 2 million he (Hackett) received as part of his 3.5 million dollar two year deal with Carolina.. The Redskins wanted Hackett to prove durability and if so, prepared to pay him following this year a salary more commensurate with that of a full time producer.. Hackett chose to go with the better deal" http://coveringtheredskins.blogspot.com/

I just read this and did a double take ... I'm really surprised at the level of responsibility by the skins.

Is this Vinny? Is it Snyder coming around? Is it Zorn? I'm leaning towards Vinny, I really am. I think he is running this thing. Not sure why? The promotion wasn't just lip service I guess. He has been real vocal, and in my opinion real visible this off season.

So far so good - BUT- would anyone be surprised if we traded our first rounder for Chad Johnson? :doh: I know, that will never happen, but you get my point ...

It means the FO sees what 31 other teams see, a talented receiver who can't stay healthy and is hit or miss whether he can help your team on Sunday. Asking him to prove he can stay healthy before getting his payday is reasonable.... something I'm surprised the Redskins have been this year. As for Hackett, taking the most money paid now is a typical athlete move....."what...me prove myself BEFORE you give me the money.....pffft!"

Its a welcomed change. If the skins didn't any draft picks and didn't do anything in Free agency then I would worry. But having 7-9 picks in the draft is enough to fill the spots the team needs. I say give it a chance

As for Hackett, taking the most money paid now is a typical athlete move....."what...me prove myself BEFORE you give me the money.....pffft!"

if you were an athlete, why would you do any different? its not like the skins are the patriots. if someone is willing to offer the money, i'd take it, as long as it wasn't close between the raiders and the pats.

i dont know i thought the skins were being a bit too frugal with him. i dont think anyone would have been mad if they offered him a 2 year 5 million deal.

I see what you are saying but then again Zorn knows him better than any of us do so you have to take that into account. If Zorn didn't think he was worth more than we offered it's safe to say the team took the right path. :logo:

They wanted him to prove that he could be durable, I see nothing wrong with the skins offering him a small contract to prove his worth, a complete 180 from years past
And you think we would have drawn him away from the Seagulls with a minimum offer, when other teams were looking too? No, we didn't want him.

As for Hackett, taking the most money paid now is a typical athlete move....."what...me prove myself BEFORE you give me the money.....pffft!"

I bet you'd love to take a job for less money just so you could prove yourself right? :laugh:

I bet you'd love to take a job for less money just so you could prove yourself right? :laugh:

I agree.. I mean I'm glad we wanted him to prove himself first and wouldn't want it any other way but I can't be upset that he took the better deal over our deal~

any of you would do the same thing

If they really wanted him there are ways to set up a deal where he signs now but you have the option of giving him big bucks later for performing. Especially considering how creative we can be with contracts.

I think we really didn't want him THAT much.

If they really wanted him there are ways to set up a deal where he signs now but you have the option of giving him big bucks later for performing. Especially considering how creative we can be with contracts.

I think we really didn't want him THAT much.

This is the most cleverly worded Vet min + incentives quote I've ever seen.

It means the FO sees what 31 other teams see, a talented receiver who can't stay healthy and is hit or miss whether he can help your team on Sunday. Asking him to prove he can stay healthy before getting his payday is reasonable.... something I'm surprised the Redskins have been this year. As for Hackett, taking the most money paid now is a typical athlete move....."what...me prove myself BEFORE you give me the money.....pffft!"

Psh, you'd do the same thing. Hmmm...get lots more money now REGARDLESS of if i get injured or take the lower amount hope i have a good season, don't get injured, and HOPE i get the money i want next year. He made the right move. The good news is...so did we.

Archived