Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Extremeskins should not do.

bbuzz1962

What gets old around here is when a player has a break out game and a poster will rave about that player. "They should be in the HOF", "That player is the best ever"... yet the next week when that player drops a pass, misses a block or throws an INT that same poster will say "cut that idiot", "this guy sucks".... While I know it will not happen, I would really like to just see critique for a players play or a coaches call without the extreems.

2007 in a nutshell.

It will be inevitable, we will have a bad game, and I will visit our home page, and their will be 100 threads on why we should fire Zorn.

I simply request that we give the man a chance to prove himself, before we all start asking why we should get rid of the man.

I honestly believe it will be a hard start for this team with a new head coach and staff. However, the season is sixteen games long. We all saw what the Giants could do after losing two straight games at the beginning of the season.

Unfortunately, it was our meltdown that allowed the Giants to gain some confidence, and go on to beat the best team on paper, the NFL has ever seen.

So, my friends, let's do the right thing if we have a bad game and use supportive language threads instead of the negative "did we make a mistake stuff" that I know will show up, but I thought I would nip it now.

I honestly think he is going to be a great coach for Campbell, and that is just what this team needs now. So, stay positive guys, it just feels better when you do. Now, if we lose 4 or 5 games in a row, then I might join the trolls, but until then, I remain confident, Zorn will be just fine.

I hope not. I have no idea if he will be a great coach for Campbell, or us for that matter, but we can not know much after one bad game. And wanting him to go after a bad game or a few is ridiculous.

This is his first head coaching job I mean, c'mon. We gotta give him a season I guess. Although this is hard to sit and watch - the starting over YET again. sigh......But, hell, I was still giving Saunders time so I guess I'll probably hold on till the end whether it be a good ending or a bad one with Zorn.

I hope not. I have no idea if he will be a great coach for Campbell, or us for that matter, but we can not know much after one bad game. And wanting him to go after a bad game or a few is ridiculous.

This is his first head coaching job I mean, c'mon. We gotta give him a season I guess. Although this is hard to sit and watch - the starting over YET again. sigh......But, hell, I was still giving Saunders time so I guess I'll probably hold on till the end whether it be a good ending or a bad one with Zorn.

Saunders was a proven NFL play caller. When he did not have a mediocre QB starting, his offense was impressive.

With Zorn, there is nothing to base the light at the end of the tunnel on. Zorn hasn't proven anything in the NFL as a coach or play caller. So if he is doing poorly, there is absolutely no reason to think that he will improve, because he hasn't done it before.

His only option is to win right away. Worst case he collects a fat check from the Skins. He was hoping to do that anyway with the Seahawks and use the Skins as leverage. The Seahawks didn't think enough of him to oblige. His time with the maroon and black will be limited.

Well said. Nevertheless, those threads are coming. There's nothing you can do about it.

Exactly. We can say this 100 times over and it won't matter.

If we don't start out well calls for Zorn's and Campbell's head will begin and will dominate every thread here very quickly.

So people come on a B**** that Zorn should be fired - so, what?

Do you think Zorn is running to his laptop to check and see what dopes on this website say?

Because so much of what is written on this site effects the game on the field...

People come on here to B**** and air their frustration - sheesh... get a grip, Betty.

What a stupid post.

Saunders was a proven NFL play caller. When he did not have a mediocre QB starting, his offense was impressive.

With Zorn, there is nothing to base the light at the end of the tunnel on. Zorn hasn't proven anything in the NFL as a coach or play caller. So if he is doing poorly, there is absolutely no reason to think that he will improve, because he hasn't done it before.

His only option is to win right away. Worst case he collects a fat check from the Skins. He was hoping to do that anyway with the Seahawks and use the Skins as leverage. The Seahawks didn't think enough of him to oblige. His time with the maroon and black will be limited.

Thats not the case. It should say "when he did not have a QB who fully understood his system starting..."

Anyways, way to stay positive.

So people come on a B**** that Zorn should be fired - so, what?

Do you think Zorn is running to his laptop to check and see what dopes on this website say?

Because so much of what is written on this site effects the game on the field...

People come on here to B**** and air their frustration - sheesh... get a grip, Betty.

What a stupid post.

Stupid post? Hello pot...this is kettle...

Not wanting ES to go nuts calling for Zorn's head has nothing to do with Zorn reading it...good gravy...

It has to do with those of us who frequent the board not wanting to have to sift through thread after thread of anti-Zorn bull**** just because we got off to a slow start, which is not unreasonable with a new coach.

So get a grip betty and think before you rail off against posters, or how about you don't bother to even post? This thread is good and I just wish that it would be listened to, however you're all the proof I need that it won't be.

I don't know if you can say that our offense was 'impressive'. It was efficient for sure...and got the job done but it it wasn't overwhelming by any means.

"So if he is doing poorly, there is absolutely no reason to think that he will improve, because he hasn't done it before."

ok, I'm admittedly dense sometimes, but I don't understand this logic at all....

b/c he hasn't done it before, there is no reason to think that he'll ever be able to improve?

"So if he is doing poorly, there is absolutely no reason to think that he will improve, because he hasn't done it before."

ok, I'm admittedly dense sometimes, but I don't understand this logic at all....

b/c he hasn't done it before, there is no reason to think that he'll ever be able to improve?

Not that he can't improve, but there is no prior history of it. When a coach has experience and falls into bad times, you can point to previous successes and base your hope on him improving because he has done it before. There is evidence of performance and success at this level.

When a coach has never been a head coach on any level or even called a single NFL play as a coordinator in the NFL and he falls on rough times, you can't point to any past success as an indication that he can improve or even perform at this level. Giving a coach extra time in that situation is having blind faith in the guy despite his only experience being negative up to that point.

As long as Zorn comes out winning, there is no issue. He is taking over a playoff team with some very talented players and coaches. There is no reason to think that he won't succeed, but if he doesn't, it is fair to be extremely critical of him and not want to give him extra time.

He has a year to prove himself with a playoff roster with the premiere franchise in all of sports. Not a bad situation for a guy that has never called a play or been anything more than a QB coach in the NFL.

I'm in the minority and wish Saunders had stayed - I think we were beginning to see what his offense could be once Collins stepped in and I liked what I saw.

You are right on Zorn, he hasn't proven anything yet and I don't know that I feel like waiting more than one season with him coaching. The whole thing still makes me shake my head....but then I keep thinking about the other guys who left Holmgren there and went on to be pretty good Head coaches elsewhere.

:whoknows:

All I know for sure is that I'm worried.

Not that he can't improve, but there is no prior history of it. When a coach has experience and falls into bad times, you can point to previous successes and base your hope on him improving because he has done it before. There is evidence of performance and success at this level.

When a coach has never been a head coach on any level or even called a single NFL play as a coordinator in the NFL and he falls on rough times, you can't point to any past success as an indication that he can improve or even perform at this level. Giving a coach extra time in that situation is having blind faith in the guy despite his only experience being negative up to that point.

As long as Zorn comes out winning, there is no issue. He is taking over a playoff team with some very talented players and coaches. There is no reason to think that he won't succeed, but if he doesn't, it is fair to be extremely critical of him and not want to give him extra time.

He has a year to prove himself with a playoff roster with the premiere franchise in all of sports. Not a bad situation for a guy that has never called a play or been anything more than a QB coach in the NFL.

ok, thanks for expanding on the point. not sure I'm in lock-step w/you but then again, I don't have to be. :cheers:

so if he comes out and loses 6 straight like another coach I know, it's Katy bar the door?

ok, thanks for expanding on the point. not sure I'm in lock-step w/you but then again, I don't have to be. :cheers:

so if he comes out and loses 6 straight like another coach I know, it's Katy bar the door?

Absolutely if we lose 6 straight to start. Fire him on the spot, make Buges the interim HC and finish out the year.

Absolutely if we lose 6 straight to start. Fire him on the spot, make Buges the interim HC and finish out the year.
I'm glad you were not running the team in 1981 with a first time head coach at the reigns here in DC. That unproven schmuck lost his first five games. Never mind he went on to coach in four Super Bowls and win three of them, he should have been fired right in the middle of the season. :rolleyes: :doh:

I'm glad you were not running the team in 1981 with a first time head coach at the reigns here in DC. That unproven schmuck lost his first five games. Never mind he went on to coach in four Super Bowls and win three of them, he should have been fired right in the middle of the season. :rolleyes: :doh:

That schmuck was the offensive coordinator for one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL. He also did not inherit a team that went to the playoffs the year before or 2 out of the past 3 years. To even compare Zorn to Gibbs is absurd.

Snyder fired his last coach that started 0-5 despite finishing 8-3. Zorn's leash will be much shorter than Marty's.

:applause:

Other, (non-football) famous failues:

Thomas Edison - In school, the young Edison's mind often wandered, and his teacher, the Reverend Engle, was overheard calling him "addled." This ended Edison's three months of official schooling.

Albert Einstein - In 1895 Einstein failed an examination that would have allowed him to study for a diploma as an electrical engineer at the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule in Zurich. Following the failing of the entrance exam to the ETH, Einstein attended secondary school at Aarau planning to use this route to enter the ETH in Zurich. While at Aarau he wrote an essay for which was only given a little above half marks.

So let's give your quote a few changes and we come up with:

When Albert Einstein has never been a scientist on any level or even passed a college exam and he falls on rough times, you can't point to any past success as an indication that he can improve or even perform at this level. Giving Albert Einstein extra time in that situation is having blind faith in the guy despite his only experience being negative up to that point. (replaced your words in bold)

Makes a lot LESS sense doesn't it?

(no, I'm not comparing Zorn to Einstein, just pointing out the logical failure)

Yes Zorn is the next Einstein, Edison or Gibbs. The team who he is in their ring of honor didn't want him back because the wealthiest owner in the NFL didn't want to pay him.

The rest of the NFL never gave him a chance as anything more than a position coach because they were afraid that it would create an imbalance in competition because he is such a great genius. After seeing the Patriots cheat, Snyder figured he would unleash Zorn on the NFL despite the understood agreement to never use his master skills as a play caller or head coach. The rest of the NFL is trembling.

Yes Zorn is the next Einstein, Edison or Gibbs. The team who he is in their ring of honor didn't want him back because the wealthiest owner in the NFL didn't want to pay him.

The rest of the NFL never gave him a chance as anything more than a position coach because they were afraid that it would create an imbalance in competition because he is such a great genius. After seeing the Patriots cheat, Snyder figured he would unleash Zorn on the NFL despite the understood agreement to never use his master skills as a play caller or head coach. The rest of the NFL is trembling.

Finally....you've seen the light. Welcome. :laugh:

You know what? If we lose the damn hall of fame game I'm sure there will be hundreds ready to can Zorn. Come on haters, what if New York listened to Tiki Barber, and some of their fans and fired their head coach? Makes you kinda wonder doesn't it??

I don't see Zorn going anywhere nothing short of an absolute debacle, which I surely do not see on the horizon. I think Dan and Vinny are happy with the guy and I'm excited to see how he does next season. Personally I think he, Sherman Smith and company will put some much needed life into this offense and the affect will be felt immediately IMO.

Czaban today speculated that the Redskins lack of the big splash and not spending the 8 million cap space is to make the Redskins attractive to Bill Cowher if Zorn fails to "deliver" a winner with whats on board.

Archived