Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential for a Foot of snow early next week

Ji

I havent posted weather in a while because I have been disgusted by this winter but I finally have found something to get excited about. We have a -NAO for the first time all year and the European model for the past 3 or so days has been showing a historic late March noreaster that would plaster the I95 corridor from DC to Boston.

Of course the GFS has nothing but this storm has the most potential in the past 2 years for us.

Lets see what happens!

**** that! We're going into April. Only a dumbass would want snow this time of the year. Sorry I'm being harsh, but seriously, I'm ready for warm weather.

What do you think it has been the last two weeks?

It certainly hasn't been winter weather. Besides, we are all entitled to want what we want and since we've had zero snowstorms this winter, snow lovers are angry.

Looks like the HPC is on board...

...POTENTIAL FOR LATE SEASON SNOWSTORM FROM THE MID ATLANTIC

STATES TO NEW ENGLAND...

MODELS ARE CONVERGING TOWARD EAST COAST/W ATLC CYCLOGENESIS DAY

5...WITH THE 00Z GFS AND GEFS MEAN TRENDING STRONGLY TOWARD THE

DEVELOPED SOLUTION INDICATED BY THE LAST SEVERAL RUNS OF THE ECMWF

AND ECMWF ENSEMBLE MEAN. SEVERAL OF THE 00Z GFS ENSEMBLE MEMBERS

ARE AS INTENSE AS THE 00Z ECMWF WITH THIS LOW...WITH A SIMILAR

TRACK FROM SOUTH OF CAPE HATTERAS TO THE ATLANTIC BENCHMARK.

TAKEN LITERALLY...THIS GUIDANCE THREATENS A FOOT OF SNOW FROM NEAR

RICHMOND NORTHEASTWARD TO BOSTON...INCLUDING WASHINGTON

DC...PHILADELPHIA...AND NEW YORK CITY. THERE IS PLENTY OF

PRECEDENT FOR LATE SEASON HEAVY SNOWFALL...EVEN OVER THE CAROLINAS

AND SOUTHERN MID ATLANTIC REGION. IN MANY WAYS...MARCH IS AN

IDEAL MONTH FOR LARGE STORMS AND IF EVERYTHING COMES TOGETHER

RIGHT...THEY CAN BE HISTORIC EVENTS. SOME OF THE YEARS THAT HAD

DEEP LATE SEASON SNOWS AFFECTING PORTIONS OF THIS REGION IN THIS

REGION IN LATE MARCH 1942 1958 1964 1971 1974 1983.

If only this were to happen....

post-13741-1205891159.jpg

What do you think it has been the last two weeks?

It certainly hasn't been winter weather. Besides, we are all entitled to want what we want and since we've had zero snowstorms this winter, snow lovers are angry.

:laugh: If 40's and 50's constitutes being "warm" then yeah, you're right, boy. But I'm talking 60's and 70's Sherlock. You'll be one of those punk ass kids who are elated that you'll miss school because of snow and then cry like a little ***** when your school year is extended. :laugh:

Now STFU before I put you over my knee and spank your punk ass.

:laugh: If 40's and 50's constitutes being "warm" then yeah, you're right, boy. But I'm talking 60's and 70's Sherlock. You'll be one of those punk ass kids who are elated that you'll miss school because of snow and then cry like a little ***** when your school year is extended. :laugh:

We've hit the 60's a few times in the last few weeks. Second, I am beyond worrying about missing school because of snow. And we have 5 days built in so no, I won't be crying about extending the school year.

Why are you getting all riled up about this? You've stated your opinion, I've stated mine, so get over it.

We've hit the 60's a few times in the last few weeks. Second, I am beyond worrying about missing school because of snow. And we have 5 days built in so no, I won't be crying about extending the school year.

Why are you getting all riled up about this? You've stated your opinion, I've stated mine, so get over it.

I'm "riled up' because I just got done doing a HIIT program at the gym this morning. Man it feels good. :laugh:

KGPwnt. :laugh:

I'm with you, KG. Eff the cold weather, I'm ready for bball and tennis season to start up again!!

Looks like the HPC is on board...

...POTENTIAL FOR LATE SEASON SNOWSTORM FROM THE MID ATLANTIC

STATES TO NEW ENGLAND...

TAKEN LITERALLY...THIS GUIDANCE THREATENS A FOOT OF SNOW FROM NEAR

RICHMOND NORTHEASTWARD TO BOSTON...INCLUDING WASHINGTON

DC...PHILADELPHIA...AND NEW YORK CITY. THERE IS PLENTY OF

PRECEDENT FOR LATE SEASON HEAVY SNOWFALL...EVEN OVER THE CAROLINAS

AND SOUTHERN MID ATLANTIC REGION. IN MANY WAYS...MARCH IS AN

IDEAL MONTH FOR LARGE STORMS AND IF EVERYTHING COMES TOGETHER

RIGHT...THEY CAN BE HISTORIC EVENTS. SOME OF THE YEARS THAT HAD

DEEP LATE SEASON SNOWS AFFECTING PORTIONS OF THIS REGION IN THIS

REGION IN LATE MARCH 1942 1958 1964 1971 1974 1983.

If only this were to happen....

post-13741-1205891159.jpg

Looking at the years - we're way overdue for something big in March...

What is HIIT? :dunce:

High Intensity Interval Training. Google it Jrock and read up on it. My metabolism is through the roof right now because of this program.

Not to hijack, but how was that HIIT?

I do the following on an Arc Trainer on level 5:5 minute warm up followed by 30 second sprints followed by 90 seconds rest for 23 minutes follwed by 5 minutes cool down and 850 calories burned in that short amount of time. I then hit the stability ball.

I swear by this program and I will never do traditional cardio again.

Guest ComebackKing

A foot? I hope this is a joke. We've struggled just to get 2 three inch storms all year and now we're saying a foot?

lol?

High Intensity Interval Training. Google it Jrock and read up on it. My metabolism is through the roof right now because of this program.

I do the following on an Arc Trainer on level 5:5 minute warm up followed by 30 second sprints followed by 90 seconds rest for 23 minutes follwed by 5 minutes cool down and 850 calories burned in that short amount of time. I then hit the stability ball.

I swear by this program and I will never do traditional cardio again.

No joke, much better then just running at an even pace on the tredmill for 30 minutes plus your metabolism it running at a much faster pace for hours after that run.

I havent seen a good snow all year. Let this happen. It will melt very fast and then we can get on with spring. I would love to see a 12-18 inch blizzard

I sure hope this does NOT happen.

I was planning on my father and I to un-winterize his charter boat next week so we can get it ready for the upcoming fishing season on the Chesapeake Bay.

I got fishing fever and looking forward to warm weather.

Please, NO SNOW!!!

Archived