Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential for a Foot of snow early next week

Ji

Now the GFS that if I am reading correctly is 360 hours out is calling for snow?

360 hours = April 3

GFS is calling for warm temps. 70s.

A foot of snow? With forecasted highs in the 40's and 50's for the next 10 days?

Local forecasts are really not that accurate this far out, especially with temps. Weather.com has already lowered the temp a couple times today. They'll keep changing the forecast several times a day all the way up until Monday :laugh:

I'm "riled up' because I just got done doing a HIIT program at the gym this morning. Man it feels good. :laugh:

Look, I hear you, I'm ready for spring in alot of ways too. I want to stay out on the water for crew and snow wouldn't help. But all I'm saying is it'd be nice to have one legitimate snowfall this season.

This is true...its been a looong time. 2003? What happened around here in 2003, I don't even remember a big snow. In '96 we got 20" in my area.

2003 was the fourth snowiest winter on record so whoever made that 1996 statement you are wrong.

And it included a historic blizzard.

Maybe this will jog your memory.

dc_web.jpg

Toilet paper, diapers, bread, and milk.

Costco.

We're there.

Yep - in the Northeast, it is a tradition to stock up on toilet paper, bread milk, eggs, and baby diapers.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do with the baby diapers, but I have a ten year supply (moved to South Jersey about ten years ago). :laugh:

Need to get these supplies this weekend it seems. :D

Yep - in the Northeast, it is a tradition to stock up on toilet paper, bread milk, eggs, and baby diapers.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do with the baby diapers, but I have a ten year supply (moved to South Jersey about ten years ago). :laugh:

Need to get these supplies this weekend it seems. :D

:laugh: - Its always weird for me to see places like Medford, Cherry Hill, and Deptford considered 'South' Jersey. I'm from Vineland - those places are up North as far as I'm concerned.

:cheers:

:laugh: - Its always weird for me to see places like Medford, Cherry Hill, and Deptford considered 'South' Jersey. I'm from Vineland - those places are up North as far as I'm concerned.

:cheers:

Hey, we don't identify with the Cherry Hill or Deptford types. Out here in the cranberry bogs, we like our solitude. And North Jersey involves the NYC/Jersey City area - can't relate. :D

Hey, we don't identify with the Cherry Hill or Deptford types. Out here in the cranberry bogs, we like our solitude. And North Jersey involves the NYC/Jersey City area - can't relate. :D

Speaking of that - have you lived there long enough to resent people thinking you're from North Jersey just because you live in New Jersey?

No, mother ****er, I don't own an I-Roc, have big hair, or go into NYC every weekend. To me, THE city is Philadelphia.

2003 was the fourth snowiest winter on record so whoever made that 1996 statement you are wrong.

And it included a historic blizzard.

I wasn't here for 2003, but I was here for 1996, and we got like 3 feet or something crazy like that. I was stuck at my friend's house for a week.

Speaking of that - have you lived there long enough to resent people thinking you're from North Jersey just because you live in New Jersey?

No, mother ****er, I don't own an I-Roc, have big hair, or go into NYC every weekend. To me, THE city is Philadelphia.

I don't worry about such things. I'm from Virginia, so my accent always gives me away. But everyone is cool about it and they want to know about Virginia Beach (my hometown).

I wasn't here for 2003, but I was here for 1996, and we got like 3 feet or something crazy like that. I was stuck at my friend's house for a week.

Both years included massive nor'easters with a swath of 1-3 feet. 1996 was worse but 03 was #5 all time for DC and #1 for Baltimore/Boston

With the '96 storm, yeah the storm was massive, but then it snowed (at least an inch) just about everyday that week. Then another storm that following weekend. The snow kept piling up on top of what feel durng the Blizzard. Man that was great.

'burbs differ but as far as DC

http://www.kiat.net/dc/weather.html

Snowiest winters:

1898-99 (54.4")

1995-96 (46.0")

1921-22 (44.5")

1891-92 (41.7")

1904-05 (41.0")

Biggest snowfalls:

#1: Jan 27-28, 1922 (28.0")

#2: Feb 11-13, 1899 (20.5")

#3: Feb 18-19, 1979 (18.7")