Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

www.nfldraftcountdown.com mock updated

morpheusmeyers

www.nfldraftcountdown.com updated their 2008 NFL Mock draft today for the 1st time since February 27th.

They still have us taking Malcolm Kelly in the 1st. Interesting that they now have Devin Thomas going higher than Kelly, at #20.

They have us picking Calais Campbell in the 2nd. Has his stock really fallen that far? And they have us taking him over Dre Moore and Trevor Laws who I thought would go a little higher.

Draft day can't come fast enough.

www.nfldraftcountdown.com updated their 2008 NFL Mock draft today for the 1st time since February 27th.

They still have us taking Malcolm Kelly in the 1st. Interesting that they now have Devin Thomas going higher than Kelly, at #20.

They have us picking Calais Campbell in the 2nd. Has his stock really fallen that far? And they have us taking him over Dre Moore and Trevor Laws who I thought would go a little higher.

Yea by the time we pick most good D-end gonna be gone. Unless teams owners get stupid and let glen dorsey fall to us. I think we will be picking a WR becuase Jim Zorn really wants one. Picking the best player available is the right thing to do in the first. Second round we will get a D-end or D-tackle. Then after that we should get a safety.

I really am not a fan of getting a WR in the first however if we get could Campbell in the 2nd I think I would be ok with it. I guess with this mock we could address CB/OL in the 3rd round and maybe try and grab a late sleeper DT...

Kelly would be a great addition for you guys. I want Kelly in Dallas. So if he goes to Washington that's going to suck. The only guy I really see you guys taking other than Kelly at that spot is Phillip Merling.

Agreed, it cannot come fast enough!

With Hackett signing with Carolina looks like the chances of us taking a WR in round 1 just went up.

I'd prefer B. Albert or a DL in the 1st, or a trade down to the late 1st or early 2nd. But as long as we address OL, DL, CB, and WR, I can live with whatever position we draft in the 1st round.

Seriously - I'm going nuts here waiting. We may have nine picks and it's definitely going to be fun to watch.

If Kelly and Campbell are the picks in rounds 1-2 - I can live with that...

Not me. I want to stay away from Campbell. Complete waste in the 2nd round. Go with Dre Moore or Trevor Laws.

Not me. I want to stay away from Campbell. Complete waste in the 2nd round. Go with Dre Moore or Trevor Laws.

I think I'd rather have Laws or Moore, too. I think both will go before we pick in the 2nd round, though.

Does anyone have thoughts on Devin Thomas compared to Malcolm Kelly? I like what I've seen of Thomas. Looks like he's finally risen to 1st round status.

Campbell's size and yes the p-word potential have to be intriguing to many teams and that is why he'll be taken no later than early 2nd IMO. I personally want Sims at DT but he'll be gone. I like Frank Okam too in the 3rd for us. The DE Jackson is my preference in the 2nd.

An interesting pick would be the one given to the seahawks a couple of slots down from us.......T.E. Dustin Keller,

Do we need to take a kelly/sweed/thomas when we could use another T.E. alongside Cooley,

I mean if the seahawks were looking at him for their offense why wouldn't a zorn redskin offense?

Just a thought...

Having said that i would prefer guard Albert or D.E. merling/jackson/harvey with round 2 taking D.T moore/laws/harrison but can see the skins looking at C.B.

An interesting pick would be the one given to the seahawks a couple of slots down from us.......T.E. Dustin Keller,

Do we need to take a kelly/sweed/thomas when we could use another T.E. alongside Cooley,

I mean if the seahawks were looking at him for their offense why wouldn't a zorn redskin offense?

Just a thought...

Having said that i would prefer guard Albert or D.E. merling/jackson/harvey with round 2 taking D.T moore/laws/harrison but can see the skins looking at C.B.

Well for one we already have a Pro Bowl TE and they don't. I would love to have another pass catcher at TE as it would give defenses fits but I just feel we have other more pressing needs. TE tends to be more of a luxury than neccessity. I think we also might still be curious what Ecker can offer us if healthy.

I would like Calais in the second round, but I'm not sold on him as a first rounder. He seems like a boom or bust type prospect and after bypassing FA we need a pretty solid draft to build with.

With Hackett signing with Carolina looks like the chances of us taking a WR in round 1 just went up.

To be honest, I think it is about the same. I actually don't think we will pick a WR with the first pick because I think there will be better players at other positions when we pick.

But, I don't think signing Hackett, who has never played a full NFL season, would have changed how we draft this year.

Jason

To be honest, I think it is about the same. I actually don't think we will pick a WR with the first pick because I think there will be better players at other positions when we pick.

But, I don't think signing Hackett, who has never played a full NFL season, would have changed how we draft this year.

Jason

I'm assuming Hackett, if he had signed here, would have been split wide opposite Moss and El would have moved to the slot. Regardless, our top 3 receivers would have been set. Prospects like Mix/Esy and vets like Reche/Thrash would have rounded out our receiving corp. With our top 3 receivers in place I would be surprised if we drafted a WR in round 1.

As it stands now we still have a void to fill. Maybe the FO will decide a guy like Jordy Nelson or Adrian Arrington can fill that void, but I think it's far more likely that the FO decides to snare a M. Kelly, D. Thomas, or L. Sweed with our top pick. Just my opinion.

Does anyone have thoughts on Devin Thomas compared to Malcolm Kelly? I like what I've seen of Thomas. Looks like he's finally risen to 1st round status.

Scouts inc has Thomas as their highest rated receiver in the draft. I like what I've seen of him. I mean, yeah, he's only had one good year, but he's definitely got what we're looking for. Size, field speed, ability to separate, and is slick after the catch. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to take him with our pick even with Sweed and Kelly still on the board.

If we want to look elsewhere in the first for some reason, then I like Jordy Nelson with our second.

I'm assuming Hackett, if he had signed here, would have been split wide opposite Moss and El would have moved to the slot. Regardless, our top 3 receivers would have been set. Prospects like Mix/Esy and vets like Reche/Thrash would have rounded out our receiving corp. With our top 3 receivers in place I would be surprised if we drafted a WR in round 1.

As it stands now we still have a void to fill. Maybe the FO will decide a guy like Jordy Nelson or Adrian Arrington can fill that void, but I think it's far more likely that the FO decides to snare a M. Kelly, D. Thomas, or L. Sweed with our top pick. Just my opinion.

And my opinion is that they will now resign Caldwell and he will take the spot that Hackett would have occupied. As I said, I don't think Hackett really affects much about what the Skins do. If they want one of the WRs available, they will pick him, even if they had signed Hackett.

Jason

Here is what I posted in another thread regarding medical concerns and top prospects:

Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma. He was not able to work out at the combine or at Oklahoma’s pro day because of a quadriceps injury, but his knees present a bigger problem. One has been reconstructed and another is arthritic. Kelly, once considered the highest-ranked receiver in the draft, now could have a problem passing some team’s physical exams, and his draft stock could drop precipitously. Kelly is scheduled to work out April 9.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241995

I think I'd rather have Laws or Moore, too. I think both will go before we pick in the 2nd round, though.

on kelly. im surprised hes still in the first round. i thought i read somewhere that his knees were a concern. one has been surgically repaired and the other has arthritis. so thats not too promising, in my opinion.

dont know that much about thomas, other than someone on here said he was chiseled.

edit. and perhaps i should have read the second page before posting then i woulda seen the post that is two above.

Scouts inc has Thomas as their highest rated receiver in the draft. I like what I've seen of him. I mean, yeah, he's only had one good year, but he's definitely got what we're looking for. Size, field speed, ability to separate, and is slick after the catch. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to take him with our pick even with Sweed and Kelly still on the board.

If we want to look elsewhere in the first for some reason, then I like Jordy Nelson with our second.

Thanks for the note about D. Thomas. I like his combination of 6'2" size and 4.4 speed.

I'll be sure to check out the Scouts Inc. site.

Archived