Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions release S Kenoy Kennedy - should we sign for depth?

DirtySkin21

It's good buddy, just makin sure you didnt think i was one of those people that came in here to give you :pooh: about the thread.

nah, def not.. it's cool. I think hres good enough to push for the job but cheap enough to give a small contract to.:2cents:

I'm not saying sign this guy to be the starter, but we were looking at Will Demps and I think this guy is better. He did get cut by the lions but he could be an upgrade at depth for us.. What does everyone else think??

BTW- I KNOW he got trucked by mike sellers last year, but he is known for being able to make pretty big hits right?

http://www.redskins.com/news/APNewsDetail.jsp?id=29351

I really think Kenoy Kennedy is on his last legs. Afterall he was released by the Lions. I would prefer someone else for depth at safety. But if its between him and PP then i'll take him.

But i would prefer some of the other FA safeties out there check out the thread on Boulware.

Geez guys, lighten up on him...

I think this is a good thread and well deserving...

We DO need some competition and he did say depth, Doughty and Landry of course, but with Kennedy giving competition and depth, which depth we really need. I wonder if Kennedy is ok with being depth.

A couple of comments:

1. Part of the fun on ES is bringing up topics for discussion. Newly released free agents represent topics for consideration. Just because this is not a marquee free agent, doesn't mean it's not worth discussion. Frankly, we need to be considering economical ways for improving depth as well as the draft.

2. After Lloyd and Archuleta - there are many fans who have grown weary of the Skins chasing for that pot of gold at the end of the free-agency rainbow. They feel that every off-season is becoming more of the same -- which teams' players should we bring in to help the Redskins.

I can understand that sentiment, but to relexively attack any thread about FA possibilites may not the best way to express yourself. Maybe simply ignore the thead. Or if you have to reply, plug in some stock phrase "Vet minimum plus incentives" or "We don't need this free agent, we can address this with our current personnel, the draft, waivers, or walk-ons." After all you know someone else is going to write what you really thought, and take the heat.

3. To Original Posters of these "FA possibilty?" threads, -- go with the flow. If someone simply attacks the thread, the OP should simply consider it as a negative reply to your question and move on. After the 2006 spending spree, I'd always expect a mix of feedback which can be classified as positive, negative, constructive, or ...otherrolleyes.gif .

4. My repsonse to this thread -- I'm not that big on signing Kenoy -- his getting cut from the Lion's secondary is not much of an endorsement of his quality. True that it's getting to be lean offerings for veteran SS's but I don't see him as top-shelf starter material. This is probably because I'm not a big fan of the Lions and Bronco's secondaries. So, I suspect Kenoy may not be that much of an upgrade over (1) an under-regarded Doughty, (2) a recovering Prioleau and (3) an experienced Stoutmire. Maybe (vet minimum, etc.??) we bring him into training camp to see, but I suspect we could find better options as the preseason progresses. Thanks for the alert though.

4. On the lighter side biggrin.gif -- in response to Illone's comment "...Might as well bring every available football player on the planet to camp, right?" I would like to note maybe we shouldn't be limiting ourselves to this planet.

... Evidently the Phobos Warriors of the Martian League recently released a 625 pound lineman who could be a great 3-gapper DT for us... with only minor character issues (likes to eat helmets for the plastic, etc.)laugh.gif

A couple of comments:

3. To Original Posters of these "FA possibilty?" threads, -- go with the flow. If someone simply attacks the thread, the OP should simply consider it as a negative reply to your question and move on. After the 2006 spending spree, I'd always expect a mix of feedback which can be classified as positive, negative, constructive, or ...otherrolleyes.gif .

4. My repsonse to this thread -- I'm not that big on signing Kenoy -- his getting cut from the Lion's secondary is not much of an endorsement of his quality. True that it's getting to be lean offerings for veteran SS's but I don't see him as top-shelf starter material. This is probably because I'm not a big fan of the Lions and Bronco's secondaries. So, I suspect Kenoy may not be that much of an upgrade over (1) an under-regarded Doughty, (2) a recovering Prioleau and (3) an experienced Stoutmire. Maybe (vet minimum, etc.??) we bring him into training camp to see, but I suspect we could find better options as the preseason progresses. Thanks for the alert though.

4. On the lighter side biggrin.gif -- in response to Illone's comment "...Might as well bring every available football player on the planet to camp, right?" I would like to note maybe we shouldn't be limiting ourselves to this planet.

... Evidently the Phobos Warriors of the Martian League recently released a 625 pound lineman who could be a great 3-gapper DT for us... with only minor character issues (likes to eat helmets for the plastic, etc.)laugh.gif

Pierson will be gone, and Kanoy is WAY better than pierson prioleau AND stoutmire. Those guys aren't gonna be back next year. Kanoy is wayyy better depth than both of those players. Which means he could play both of their positions, and it wont be anoymore cheaper. Kanoy would take both of their spots. Thanks for defending me though guys! Kennedy is a solid safety, and PP and Stoutmire are liabilities, Kanoy isn't.

THere will ne new depth in camp. Don't bne surprised to see Two differen't players in Prioleau's and Stoutmires spots.... which is why i brought up thios thread.

No, this thread was NOT necessary.

Let's just start a "Safety released, let's sign him for depth" thread and we can just put names in there instead of having the same conversation a million times.

Your post wan't necessary either, but it's all good. thanks for your input!:laugh:

Geez guys, lighten up on him...

I think this is a good thread and well deserving...

We DO need some competition and he did say depth, Doughty and Landry of course, but with Kennedy giving competition and depth, which depth we really need. I wonder if Kennedy is ok with being depth.

THANK YOU, at least someone understands the offseason. I"m not trying to sign every player that I see open up on the FA market. I only request players I think would help fill those depth voids. Pierson and Stoutmire are both weak, and our team has said they ar elooking for more depth at DB. (safety, and CB)

Your post wan't necessary either, but it's all good. thanks for your input!:laugh:

Sorry, my post wasn't aimed at you specifically. You don't start a million threads, but there are a million of "Safety X is released, let's bring him in for vet minimum + incentives, Doughty sucks, no wait he's okay, but I miss Sean" threads.

No way, I can't take that guy seriously after Sellers absolutely embarassed him in the Detroit game last year... yeah that was one of the worst truck stick maneuvers I have ever seen, we should just maintain checkbook silence

So you wouldnt take Dawkins seriously since he also got trucked by Sellers?

I'm not discounting your suggestion, but just haven't been sold on Kenoy Kennedy. He wasn't the same big hitter in Detroit he was in Denver.

But assuming you're right about Kennedy's talent level -- why did the Lions cut him? Is it about character? Injury? Salary? Losing a step? The Lions' HC Marinelli was a defensive coach -- does he see something wrong with Kenoy?

Also, I agree that we're thin at SS -- that's why we drafted Landry in the first place. Frankly, most safeties were better than Prioleau last year -- and even at 100% he Pierson was okay, but not a starter. I'm not certain how good Prioleau be this year, or even if he signs with us. As for Stoutmire, he may be too old for anything but backup and the extra DB in certain packages.

You might be right that changes are brewing; I'll follow this thread with interest.

Archived