Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions release S Kenoy Kennedy - should we sign for depth?

DirtySkin21

I'm not saying sign this guy to be the starter, but we were looking at Will Demps and I think this guy is better. He did get cut by the lions but he could be an upgrade at depth for us.. What does everyone else think??

BTW- I KNOW he got trucked by mike sellers last year, but he is known for being able to make pretty big hits right?

http://www.redskins.com/news/APNewsDetail.jsp?id=29351

I've never heard of him..

are you joking? or are you serious? mike sellers blew him up last year and turned him sideways, someone has it in their sig.

still, he is a good safety, epsecially for depth. I dont see why not. Better than using a draft pick on one.:2cents:

are you joking? or are you serious? mike sellers blew him up last year and turned him sideways, someone has it in their sig.

still, he is a good safety, epsecially for depth. I dont see why not. Better than using a draft pick on one.:2cents:

Na man the name doesn't ring a bell. If you all say he is a good safety, im all for the depth.

:logo:

here are his stats..

Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FUM Lost

2007 Detroit Lions 16 15 88 59 29 0.0 -- 5 2 45 22.5 38 0 -- --

2006 Detroit Lions 10 9 66 46 20 1.0 -- 0 2 17 8.5 17 0 -- --

2005 Detroit Lions 16 16 98 74 24 0.0 0 5 2 64 32.0 64T 1 1 0

2004 Denver Broncos 16 16 87 69 18 2.0 -- 8 1 21 21.0 21 0 -- --

2003 Denver Broncos 13 12 56 41 15 1.0 -- 5 1 0 0.0 0 0 -- --

2002 Denver Broncos 15 15 68 54 14 0.0 -- 5 -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- --

2001 Denver Broncos 16 16 73 54 19 2.0 -- 5 1 6 6.0 6 0 -- --

2000 Denver Broncos 13 0 -- -- -- 0.0 -- 0 1 0 0.0 0 0 -- --

TOTAL 536 397 139 6.0 0 33 10 153 -- 64 1 1 0

he's very durable.

He would come here to compete. IF he beats our Doughty, then im all for the best player starting.

It's a good sign IMO either way.

I completely agree with you, i want the best player starting....

but the original post came across like you were suggesting he'd be the backup

Sign him RIGHT AWAY!

Right along with the 25 other players that just got released this month.

Might as well bring every available football player on the planet to camp, right?

:rolleyes:

no this is not what I meant. And how come this is response EVERY person receives when something is written about who we should pick up or shouldn't.

It is the off-season, and we ARE looking for depth for the S position. It's funny how not one person who starts a thread on a FA gets the ol sarcasm button, and it's starting to get old, real quick. IF you didn't like the thread, you could've simply not clicked on it or responded. If you thought he wouldnt be a good pick up, then you should have said so. But instead, you wasted everyones time in trying to post little "sarcastic" threads. NEWS FLASH - this is a FOOTBALL related website/forum. It's also the off-season so theres gonna be talk about FA signings and what not. some people need to get over themselves.:laugh:

I completely agree with you, i want the best player starting....

but the original post came across like you were suggesting he'd be the backup

Well, if thats what he becomes so be it. But I dont think any player comes into a team thinking they are aiming to stay a back-up. Everyone gets a chance to compete, and the best player starts. (unless its someone like Brunell, who knows he's gonna be backing up another QB)

It will be a depth signing if Doughty can beat him out in camp, but we ar every thing in the Safety position right now. I personally think Kennedy would be starting for us come time around if we did sign him, but hopefully Doughty develops beautifully. I'm a fan of the Washington Redskins. Not a player/players.

no this is not what I meant. And how come this is response EVERY person receives when something is written about who we should pick up or shouldn't.

It is the off-season, and we ARE looking for depth for the S position. It's funny how not one person who starts a thread on a FA gets the ol sarcasm button, and it's starting to get old, real quick. IF you didn't like the thread, you could've simply not clicked on it or responded. If you thought he wouldnt be a good pick up, then you should have said so. But instead, you wasted everyones time in trying to post little "sarcastic" threads. NEWS FLASH - this is a FOOTBALL related website/forum. It's also the off-season so theres gonna be talk about FA signings and what not. some people need to get over themselves.:laugh:

We're not doing anything, man. We're sitting behind a computer screen arguing about stuff we have NO CONTROL over. What the Redskins do is their business and has nothing to do with what some anxious poster has to say on the official team messageboard:laugh:.

You'd get more intelligent responses if you posted something worth talking about, or here's a novel idea: wait until the actual teams puts out information that THEY might be interested in said player.

We're not doing anything, man. We're sitting behind a computer screen arguing about stuff we have NO CONTROL over. What the Redskins do is their business and has nothing to do with what some anxious poster has to say on the official team messageboard:laugh:.

You'd get more intelligent responses if you posted something worth talking about, or here's a novel idea: wait until the actual teams puts out information that THEY might be interested in said player.

why don't you just stop being an ass? Matter of fact, just ignore me, and my threads from now on. Everyone else seems to be able to respond to this thread without sarcasm, and actually has something worth responding to. You simply..... don't.

"get more intelligent responses if you posted something worth talking about, or here's a novel idea: wait until the actual teams puts out information that THEY might be interested in said player."

Well, when the redskins say they are looking to fill certain positions.. like safety, D-line,CB,O-line, people are going to speculate on those positions when someone becomes available that they might think would help the team. I dont care if the team listens to me or not, I will continue to talk like I do, and put my two cents in when I want to.

You can take your "novel idea" somewhere else buddy, because I don't give a crap.:laugh:

and No, YOU are sitting behind a computer screen arguing. I'm asking people who have something worth adding to this thread to respond. Not people like you. It's simple, just dont respond. You are entitled to think this thread is dumb, and thats fine. But you dont always have to voice your opinion where its not needed.

Well, if thats what he becomes so be it. But I dont think any player comes into a team thinking they are aiming to stay a back-up. Everyone gets a chance to compete, and the best player starts. (unless its someone like Brunell, who knows he's gonna be backing up another QB)

It will be a depth signing if Doughty can beat him out in camp, but we ar every thing in the Safety position right now. I personally think Kennedy would be starting for us come time around if we did sign him, but hopefully Doughty develops beautifully. I'm a fan of the Washington Redskins. Not a player/players.

I'm all for bringin the best players in here. I think Doughty stepped in and played to par that he needed to. He's not the best player out there, but he did the job. I understand what you are sayin, and my post was simply saying that if he were to come here, i dont think it would be for "depth." I think it would be to get him in here and work him out, see if he's a better option. i wasnt tryin to go against what you said buddy relax, i gotcha :D

I'm all for bringin the best players in here. I think Doughty stepped in and played to par that he needed to. He's not the best player out there, but he did the job. I understand what you are sayin, and my post was simply saying that if he were to come here, i dont think it would be for "depth." I think it would be to get him in here and work him out, see if he's a better option. i wasnt tryin to go against what you said buddy relax, i gotcha :D

I actually didn't think you were trying to go against me at all? You obviously took what I was saying the wrong way, but I was just trying to clear it up.

I try to use emoticons and stuff so people dont think im arguing with them cus I wasn't. It's hard to conversate on a message board without people automaticall thinking you are arguing with them. I was not at all arguing with you. I was just trying to clear up what I meant. I thought I was clear, but obviusly not.. my bad

You are entitled to think this thread is dumb, and thats fine. But you dont always have to voice your opinion where its not needed.

I was just saying what others were thinking.

:laugh:

Don't take yourself so seriously. I'm sure you have interesting things to say, just not this time around;).

I apologize if I came off like an ass, but these threads are all the same.

"(Insert player name here) was released, should we sign him?" is pretty much a waste of time and board space, which is why I chose to respond with sarcasm.

Nothing personal, man. You'll make a better thread next time:).

I actually didn't think you were trying to go against me at all? You obviously took what I was saying the wrong way, but I was just trying to clear it up.

I try to use emoticons and stuff so people dont think im arguing with them cus I wasn't. It's hard to conversate on a message board without people automaticall thinking you are arguing with them. I was not at all arguing with you. I was just trying to clear up what I meant. I thought I was clear, but obviusly not.. my bad

It's good buddy, just makin sure you didnt think i was one of those people that came in here to give you :pooh: about the thread.

I was just saying what others were thinking.

:laugh:

Don't take yourself so seriously. I'm sure you have interesting things to say, just not this time around;).

I apologize if I came off like an ass, but these threads are all the same.

"(Insert player name here) was released, should we sign him?" is pretty much a waste of time and board space, which is why I chose to respond with sarcasm.

Nothing personal, man. You'll make a better thread next time:).

well, you just as easily could of not clicked on this thread and responded to it? It doesn't hurt my feelings, but it's bull**** people are scared to post threads about a player they think will get picked up or might be a good pick for the skins. What makes a rumor more "official" than any other rumors pop up on this board?

Archived