Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Used to be next door neighbor of Gary Clark

RIPST21

That must've been fun. Gary Clark is my all time favorite Redskns. Loved him as a player but even more as a person especially his post football days. Met him several times and hes as talkative as they come. One night my friend and I went to his restaurant in Bethesda, before it closed and talked with him for about an hour just about the Redskins past and present. Too bad not enough people value the Skins fans like Gary Clark, class act

nice story. I met Gary Clark at a friends tailgate at Fed Ex before one of the games this year. We shot the **** for a while and he let me try on his superbowl ring. I asked him all sorts of questions about hardest hits and stuff like that. Hes a real stand up guy and easily the nicest redskin ive ever met. He really realizes how much players mean to fans and knows how to give back what we supported him doing so many years.

Gary Clark is the man, ok maybe Im a little bias...lol.......Seriously to me he is Mr. Redskin....the guy played with so much intensity, desire and passion and on top of that he was a WINNER. This team could use a lot more GC types......The man left it all on the field and for that reason alone he is my favorite........

On a personal level I have known Gary going way back................As a youngster I use to work at HBL dealership in VA off Leesburg Pike (I believe its called HBL)......anyways Gary bought his car there and serviced it there.....anyways when he would bring it in I would wash it for him, etc and drove it around.........Also he was friends with a friend of mine (who was like an older brother) and anyways he came down to one weekend when I was there and we hung out........man the guy was a chick magnet.......Also use to run into him in bethesda at his restaurtants.........as always Gary was approchable and down to earth......Great football player and an even better person!

Great story! Clark has always been one of my favorites.

I always picture him after he scored a TD he is backpedaling (almost gliding) along the end line with the ball pointed to the crowd in one hand right before a monster spike.

They used to play it for some promo locally down here in RIC on Channel 6 being the home for the Redskins.

Underated receiver and after reading this story, confirms, a class act on and off the field.

Gary Clark is the man, ok maybe Im a little bias...lol.......Seriously to me he is Mr. Redskin....the guy played with so much intensity, desire and passion and on top of that he was a WINNER. This team could use a lot more GC types......The man left it all on the field and for that reason alone he is my favorite........

On a personal level I have known Gary going way back................As a youngster I use to work at HBL dealership in VA off Leesburg Pike (I believe its called HBL)......anyways Gary bought his car there and serviced it there.....anyways when he would bring it in I would wash it for him, etc and drove it around.........Also he was friends with a friend of mine (who was like an older brother) and anyways he came down to one weekend when I was there and we hung out........man the guy was a chick magnet.......Also use to run into him in bethesda at his restaurtants.........as always Gary was approchable and down to earth......Great football player and an even better person!

Thats really cool...by any chance did he buy a maroon colored old school Jaguar from you? I remember that was his main ride back in the day...and a prefect color to suite him...a true redskin!!!!

Not much of a poster but had to reply...

I lived in the same neighborhood as Gary Clark as well. The subdivision is called Virginia Run and in Centreville, Va, just next to Bull Run. My buddy Mike used to live right next door to him too and I'd see things happening at Garys when I went over there but never had the balls to go knocking. lol You could see his backyard from the main road and there always seemed to be something goin on from the looks of his deck, lol.

I also think he was quite the ladies man cause I heard he tagged my other buddy's mom who also lived in the neighborhood. haha. Two other skins lived in Virgina Run at the same time as well but I cant remember, maybe Ernest Byner and an older skin like Mark Murphy or something. Either way it was very cool growing up with them there. For all I know the original poster is the younger brother of my buddy Mike who lived next door. Mark

uuuugh i am so jealous of you guys that live in the dc area! i have never lived closer to dc than charlotte nc when i was a kid and became a skins fan. i cant imagine living somewhere where it is all redskins all the time...... much less get to meet the players occasionally.

you guys got it good up there..... dont forget it!!

Archived