Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POSSIBLE Larry Fitzgerald to Eagles according to ESPN

chris_c_19960

The Redskins face TO and Plaxico at least twice a year already, would it really take the Eagles acquiring Fitzgerald to force our hand?

I was actually thinking more along the lines of ensuring we had more quality corners to match up against the increasing number of quality receivers within the division. As each team upgrades it's receiving corps, we need an extra quality corner to keep up, especially in nickel packages.

The Eagles become MUCH more dangerous on offense with Fitzgerald helping to move the chains. With McNabb being so difficult to sack, we would need another quality corner who can stick with the receivers much longer than Leigh Torrence, at least until Carlos comes back.

I have to think that this would be a bad idea for the Cards, to lose two of there three starting wr in one year would be a huge step back for them. What could the Eagles possibly give them that would make up for the talent that Fitzgerald brings to the team?

Good question. The Eagles seem like they are going for broke this year. You'd have to think they'll be willing to over pay for Fitzgerald and they do have some talent to give the Cardinals. Lito Sheppard and a 1st round pick might get it done. However, I'm guessing the Eagles will go as far as to offer Lito Sheppard, Reggie Brown and their 1st. Arizona would have to consider this as much as it would pain them to give up L.F......

I was actually thinking more along the lines of ensuring we had more quality corners to match up against the increasing number of quality receivers within the division.
Agreed, :cheers:

It is interesting the Eagles are now throwing Browns name into trade talks, I thought he was their future #1!;)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Eagles offering pair for Fitzgerald?

Larry Fitzgerald | Cardinals | Interested: Eagles?

With receiver Fitzgerald and the Cardinals apparently at an impasse in restructuring his contract, will the team start listening to trade offers?

The Arizona Republic reports the Eagles are interested and cornerback Lito Sheppard and receiver Reggie Brown are rumored to be part of the offer.

But the Cardinals are not interested in either player, the newspaper reports. The team insists Fitzgerald will play this season, even if the Cardinals have to pay the scheduled salary of $14.6 million. But in 2009 they face the possibility of having to cut the Pro Bowl selection rather than pay the scheduled $17.4 million salary

It's really nothing that anybody hasn't already heard yet

For one, the Eagles are stuck with Reggie Brown for the same reason the Boys are stuck with Roy Williams...it was b/c of his recent large signing bonus that's going to take TIME to amortize. IOW-the Eagles are going to be taking a pretty big CAP HIT if they let him go.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Eagles offering pair for Fitzgerald?

Larry Fitzgerald | Cardinals | Interested: Eagles?

With receiver Fitzgerald and the Cardinals apparently at an impasse in restructuring his contract, will the team start listening to trade offers?

The Arizona Republic reports the Eagles are interested and cornerback Lito Sheppard and receiver Reggie Brown are rumored to be part of the offer.

But the Cardinals are not interested in either player, the newspaper reports. The team insists Fitzgerald will play this season, even if the Cardinals have to pay the scheduled salary of $14.6 million. But in 2009 they face the possibility of having to cut the Pro Bowl selection rather than pay the scheduled $17.4 million salary

It's really nothing that anybody hasn't already heard yet

This is somewhat old news-a Delaware newspaper initially broke this story on Fri.

I saw on ESPN earlier this weekend that Fitz's contract is hurting them having enough players to field a team. that's a serious problem in my book.

The damage has already been done, however-pretty much all the good FAs are off the market(Alan Faneca, whom they were pursuing, is LONG gone). The Cards probably think it would be best for them just to hunker it down and ride out the storm 'till '10.

I've also heard Torry Holt to Philly for Shepherd + a first day pick(even though the Rams deny it, they are retooling their D, FWIW).

The damage has already been done, however-pretty much all the good FAs are off the market(Alan Faneca, whom they were pursuing, is LONG gone). The Cards probably think it would be best for them just to hunker it down and ride out the storm 'till '10.

I've also heard Torry Holt to Philly for Shepherd + a first day pick(even though the Rams deny it, they are retooling their D, FWIW).

The problem is if they keep Fitzgerald at this current deal they will lose Boldin soon because he will want the same deal. The Cards ownership is retarded to say the least. Only a handful of teams can afford to take on Fitzgeralds salary and the Eagles happen to be one of them. I think the Card would be better of if they moved Fitzgerald. Sheperd would complete thier secondary and Brown would be a nice # 2 lined up with Boldin. They seem to think they can win with 2 stud WRs and holes everywhere else. They are screwed.

The Eagles are working hard to claim that off-season Super Bowl trophy we've held for so many years.

If this happens I'm afraid Vinny will go into panic mode and give too much away in order to bring Hall in.

I'm actually not worried. Not because the Giants have great CB's. It is because they kept the guy who can game plan for anyone. :D

Yup, I said it!!

']I'm actually not worried. Not because the Giants have great CB's. It is because they kept the guy who can game plan for anyone. :D

Yup' date=' I said it!![/quote']

You guys going to pay Plax and the others that want more money? Do you think he will hold out?

You guys going to pay Plax and the others that want more money? Do you think he will hold out?

Plax may get more money because his contract is actually relatively smallish.

The others won't get more money because they are making plenty.

Well, maybe Strahan. They may throw another million or two at him to come back.

']I'm actually not worried. Not because the Giants have great CB's. It is because they kept the guy who can game plan for anyone. :D

Yup' date=' I said it!![/quote']

Especially if Lito goes, I'm not THAT worried. Of course, Fitz would hugely upgrade that O, but Samuel is hardly an upgrade over Lito b/c he's more of an outside technique Cover 2 corner who doesn't like contact(i.e. Eaglez_Legend is right-do NOT estimate Lito's loss, if it happens, in the secondary).

With that being said-if Philly pulls off this deal, they will definitely be the favorites by all the pundits, pro football magazines' offseason predictions, etc, etc. Just being a fan of any team, it would be a relief if they would at least stay quiet from all this nonsense press. It definitely benefited the G-Men last year.:2cents:

Looks like Lito Shepherd being traded is not only likely, but imminent...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20080309_Free_agency_poses_challenges_for_Eagles.html

On the NFL: Free agency poses challenges for Eagles

The text message came across just after noon Wednesday. "I am doing great," Lito Sheppard said. "Thanks for being concern [sic]."

It's been more than a week since the Eagles signed Asante Samuel to the most lucrative deal for a defensive player in team history and Andy Reid declared that Samuel will be the Eagles' starting left cornerback. It's no secret that the Eagles have been fielding offers for Sheppard, their former starting left corner, and a trade could be imminent.

For his part, Sheppard has stayed underground, not commenting one way or the other about the addition of Samuel or the ramifications. Aside from his brief text, he refused to talk for this story. But a team source said last week that Sheppard, who signed a five-year extension in 2004, isn't happy with the developments at cornerback, even though Reid said Friday that Sheppard can play either cornerback position.

NFL.com reports that Cardinals have refused to trade Fitzgerald to Philadelphia or any other team.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20080310_A_trade_for_Larry_Fitzgerald__Dont_count_on_it.html

Click link for full story.

"Larry Fitzgerald is a lot like a $1 million luxury car.

A lot of us would love to wake up tomorrow morning and find one in our driveway, but the chances of it happening are about the same as Randy Moss catching a pass from Donovan McNabb this fall.

Fitzgerald, of course, is the Arizona Cardinals wide receiver on the wish list of just about every Eagles fan. Over the weekend, some media reports surfaced that coach Andy Reid's team had made trade offers in an attempt to pry the former Valley Forge Military Academy star away from the desert.

It's not happening.

A league source said Saturday night that the Eagles have talked to the Cardinals about Fitzgerald, but the discussions have never gone beyond an inquiry as to whether Arizona planned to trade its star wide receiver. The answer has always been the same - absolutely not."

Good news since Philly seems to be the most active bidder in the process. Cardinals are just sorta boned either way. Pay him 14.6MM this year and then 17.4MM next or make a dumb trade.

Philly doesn't seem to have much leverage in the deal.

Archived