Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: Javon Walker to Raiders

THEArmchairQB

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=5939891&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.2.1

By JOSINA ANDERSON, FOX 31 Sports Reporter

NFL sources have confirmed to me at this hour that former Denver Bronco Javon Walker will sign a deal to join the AFC west rival Oakland Raiders barring any unforeseen glitches.

Terms of the deal were not immediately available for this report.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

BLACK HOLE CONTINUES TO SPEW BLACK GOLD

Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2008, 9:50 p.m.

There’s a theory making the rounds in league circles that the Oakland Raiders are trying to reverse a perception of dysfunction by becoming the team that splurges more than any other in free agency. Already, we’ve heard that multiple agents are using the readiness of the Raiders to overpay as leverage in negotiations.

Though, eventually, the Raiders will run out of money, they’ve still got enough to ink receiver Javon Walker to a blockbuster deal.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Walker has agreed to terms on a six-year, $55 million deal that includes $16 million in guaranteed money.

Walker will earn $27 million over the first three years of the contract.

Wow.

The former first-round pick of the Packers tore an ACL in 2005, and was traded in April 2006 to Denver. He signed a long-term deal including significant option/roster bonuses in years two and three. The Broncos kept him after a strong 2006, but dumped him following a subpar 2007 that was plagued by problems with the same knee that he injured more than two years ago.

The Raiders are going nuts with these ridiculous contracts and its kind of pissing me off. I'm not a Raiders fan but this is really going to screw over a lot teams the way they are paying mediocre players to huge guaranteed money.

To be fair to Samuel-he probaly earned it. His attitude and talents really shine on the field.

However-my biggest gripe with most of these lucrative signings like Gibril, Walker, Jacques Reeves, etc, etc, is that guys who have NO business being high on this market are getting ABOVE FMV.

Whatever happened to "You have to earn it FIRST"?:doh:

Last year's increase in the cap happened.

There are a few teams in particular that deserve the blame

Aren't there other factors in increasing in the cap-like revenue from people attending games, watching the games on tv, buying jerseys, caps, and other stuff?

*shrugs* if this is the case, maybe we fans have to be blamed too.:doh:

Raiders have gone Nuts...this is a guy with gimpy Knees who has not been able to finish 2 out of 3 seasons. 27 mil over first three years is what Randy Moss is getting with Patriots and Walker is no Moss.

This along with Tommy kelly have to be the worst signings of the free agency so far.

Raiders have gone Nuts...this is a guy with gimpy Knees who has not been able to finish 2 out of 3 seasons. 27 mil over first three years is what Randy Moss is getting with Patriots and Walker is no Moss.

This along with Tommy kelly have to be the worst signings of the free agency so far.

Thats a great point and you just made me realize that he just got as much as Moss for twice as many years. That is truely ridiculous.

First, Davis gives Tommy Kelly a boatload of cash despite coming off of an ACL injury, and now this deal for an oft-injured Walker with knee issues.

The Raiders are paying a lot of money for players with a recent injury history.

Wow.

Just wow.

If Jerry came anywhere NEAR giving that to Walker, I would've puked.

The contracts these players have been getting have been outrageous to say the least. I'm almost glad that Dallas is letting the dust settle before they go out and start wasting money like this.

I wanted Walker, sure, but for way less than HALF of that. Leave it to the Dopeland Raiders to keep screwing things up.

Archived