Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nationals Park receives 1,300 inch HDTV scoreboard

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Holy crap, I wonder if Best Buy has these in stock yet...

Giving You the Score, Plus a Whole Lot More

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/03/AR2008030302710.html?g=1

View Photo Gallery

Big Board Will Be a Hit, Team Says

Stadium Races Toward Opening Day

In the time since officials formally broke ground on the Washington Nationals' new stadium, the ballpark has risen steadily along the Anacostia River in Southeast Washington.

The massive new scoreboard at Nationals Park is like a high-definition TV on steroids. And although that might not be the best word to associate with baseball these days, there is no getting around the size of this monster.

Set for its first public viewing today, the screen is the equivalent of a 1,300-inch television -- more than five times as large as the scoreboard at Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium. Other than the game on the field itself, it will be the centerpiece of the fan experience at the 41,000-seat ballpark.

Live action, instant replay, images, graphics, statistics -- all there. And the programming is brand new, so the high-tech features will have the same freshness as the $611 million stadium, where the Washington Nationals will host their regular-season opener March 30 against the Atlanta Braves.

(click link for full article)

Ugh, it's not 1300, it's the diagonal, which via Pythagorean theorem (the square root of <110 squared + 47 squared>) is 119.6 And even if just 110*47 it'd be 5170 :geek: :geek: :geek:

Still looks very :cool:

I will miss RFK too somewhat. But this stadium is only in its infant form. After say 3 years that area is going to be something special. The thing I like most about a downtown park is you can hit some of the area bars and get some happy hour specials of ale and appetizers. In due time people....in due time.

http://jdland.com/dc/stadium-event-080304.cfm

Archived