Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Warrick Dunn Thread

Roborob132

Someone was gonna do it and I wanted to be first.. WOOHOO:cheers:
Couldn't you have at least added something of intelligence? You bring absolutely nothing to the table.

I agree with those that think Dunn is a quality player with excellent character. However, he doesn't fit here. Mostly because we already have a starter and backup. Dunn would be a #3, situational guy and wouldn't be adding anything on special teams, which is usually the most importnat role for a #3.

why would dunn come to the redskins to be the #3 running back. that is why he was released by the falcons, b/c in essence he becomes the #3 back. a better way to approach the release of dunn is that it probably helps the cause of rock coming back to the skins. with dunn on the market, more teams will bring him in as the #2 back on the roster instead of rock IMO.

I was just thinking about that. Would have been great to trade, say, Betts and get a 1st and Dunn (little far fetched). I just like the idea of Dunn on this team and what he could offer with regards to the WCO.

He is older (though durable) and we have no real need for him. It is hard to argue that he is any better than Betts, but it is sad to see his time in the ATL come to an end.

Great guy and what heartbreak he has overcome and all the while raising his brothers and sisters. Really admire him, I guess is what I am saying.

And you consider it a badge of honor, huh? :silly:

I actually like Warrick Dunn. If we lose Rock, I'd take a look.

Hail,

H

:laugh:

I wouldn't mind Dunn either but he is going to get a decent contract from a team like Indy or Tampa. With Betts and Portis we're pretty set.

You are right, I should have added something, i just assumed you all would know what I meant by saying maybe we should go after him cause he is free.

yes we have a number 2 in BETTS, however, I would swap them. Get Dunn cheap and Drop Betts. Dunn can still get that 1 yard we need for a win and Betts proved he could not. SEE GIANTS GAME AT END..

You are right, I should have added something, i just assumed you all would know what I meant by saying maybe we should go after him cause he is free.

yes we have a number 2 in BETTS, however, I would swap them. Get Dunn cheap and Drop Betts. Dunn can still get that 1 yard we need for a win and Betts proved he could not. SEE GIANTS GAME AT END..

I definitely would not take Dunn over Betts right now. If Dunn hangs around without a team and we lose Rock, then like I said, I'd take a look. I think Dunn can still be a good return guy and third down back.

But not as our second RB.

Hail,

H

Couldn't you have at least added something of intelligence? You bring absolutely nothing to the table.

I agree with those that think Dunn is a quality player with excellent character. However' date=' he doesn't fit here. Mostly because we already have a starter and backup. Dunn would be a #3, situational guy and wouldn't be adding anything on special teams, which is usually the most importnat role for a #3.[/quote'] I agree. He's a quality player and person but he wouldn't fit the Redskins roster. He's a older version of Portis w/o Portis' power.

So Warrick Dunn, an undersized but quick back, is better at short-yardage than Betts because the DL blew up our OL and tripped him up in the backfield? You should have stuck with nothing.

Archived