Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rodgers

twobags95

It could work, but he is a corner, and a first round pick we developed as a CB. It just makes more sense to put him in as the nickle back when he is healthy enough to play again, and slowly transitioning him back in.

Also, it's Carlos ROGERS, Aaron Rodgers of the Packers is the one with the D in his name.

I hope Carlos Rogers comes back as scheduled and that his knee isn't a long term problem in which he's never the same.

Even so, we should not expect him to perform at a high level right away. It's gonna take him at least 2 years for his knee to be truly recovered to his old form.

No. Doughty is fine.

I wouldn't say he's fine just yet. He filled in nicely, but time will tell if he can perform adequately at that position for a whole year or as a fulltime starter. But I do hope he excells, one less position we have to fill.

In general, much like the Springs thread, I think we need to move away from the idea of using our cornerbacks as safeties. Unlike Springs, Carlos is not the most sure tackler we have, so I don't like the idea of playing him as a safety. Anyone remember that whiff on Donald Lee in the Green Bay game?

I disagree with this idea.

its been said already, but ill say it myself....its rogers, not roDgers.

and moving him to safety would be a detriment. he would have to learn a whole new position for one season. then switching back to corner could leave him with bad habits to break. corners watch the game with a different view than safeties.

The way Carlos tackles (or doesn't tackle for that matter) I don't think we want him at safety. Sure sometimes he delivers a good hit, but I remember a few times this season (NY/GB games) when he decided the best way to tackle someone is to put 1 hand on their shoulder.

There is no "D" in Carlos Rogers... There are also no "Hands". Of course, for the first 5+ games last year there was less "Cushion" and more "Coverage". I think putting this guy at Safety would give the Carlos Rogers sycophants another excuse for why this guy hasn't lived up to his 1st round #9 pick. Keep him at corner, hope he heals, hope he develops into a Pro Bowler...

With Carlos comming off his knee injury. What would you all think about playing him at Saftey for this season. Less cutting on his knee and would allow thing to develop in front of him.

:dallasuck

NO as a short answer or HELL NO if you want a long one.

We drafted this guy with a top ten pick to play corner, not to play safety. I just hope that he has fully recovered and hasn't lost his speed. If that injury ruins his career, I'll be so disappointed :( .

He can barely play corner.. I mean really be honest.. He just started playing decent football here this season and was getting toasted for quite some time.. Every third down thrown against him.. I mean he is good and should be great.. But moving him.. Heck no.. Let him play when he is healed and ready when ever that might be!

With Carlos comming off his knee injury. What would you all think about playing him at Saftey for this season. Less cutting on his knee and would allow thing to develop in front of him.

:dallasuck

LTF80R4A_47_Lightbar.jpg

Spelling and grammar police is going to give you...multiple violations.

Archived