Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Make your 1 BIG Redskins wishful trade splash here!!(please try to be realistic)

michael_33

i know its just a wishlist but can we be alittle more realisitcally. screw the trade, get hackett or B. johnson(off the market, so i guess that idea is gone), call it a day. Then lets hope for a solid draft.

1. Albert (UVA)

2. Jackson (USC) or BPA

i would be more than happy with these 2 on the first day. but maybe this is just wishful thinking, but thats my:2cents: .

Ok Jared Allen for two 1st round picks. I might take the risk on that. I wouldn't do back flips, I know we have some holes to fill and some depth issues to address. But Allen would give us a coveted pass rusher and full time DE.

Mix would get his shot at Wr. Corner, Oline, depth, and a DT rotation guy, would have to be addressed this year and next outside of the 1st round.

Funny.....There's been almost 20 replies and besides myself,your the only one who didn't have Fitz,Chad or DJ (FA) as part of the deal....Congratulations...!!

But I wouldn't do what your suggesting (I like Thomas)...I would rather groom our own guy and keep our 1st rounder...

I'm just big into O-Linemen, and I like Thomas and Long. I really hope we look at getting Campbell's blind-side protection (for the rest of his career) very soon, like 1st round in the next year or two.

I would also rather groom our own guy, but I meant what I said, I would trade just about anyone on the team for Joe Thomas or the chance to draft Jake Long. Then I'd pray that neither is the next Robert Gallery so I don't get killed by the fans.:D

Shawn Springs & 3rd round for Braylon Edwards

Guys, I think the OP wanted realistic deals if I'm not mistaken. I highlighted this one only because it's somewhat plausible, and not completely ridiculous like "our team for the Colts."

Switching roles, if we had a stud wideout who can be considered probably one of the best 5-6 receivers in the game, and a team offered us a 3rd round pick and a cornerback who is very good when healthy, but sometimes hurt and a few years past 30, wouldn't you be a little insulted? I sure would be, there's no way this deal gets done.

I'm not trying to call any one person out or police the thread, but the premise of the thread interests me and I'd like to see what others legitimately think. The title of this thread isn't "How would you fleece another NFL team."

I don't think Cleveland would do my deal either, because some of our most valuable pieces; (Portis, Cooley, etc.) they have good players at those same positions. But an offer of Portis and a 1st rounder for Joe Thomas at least has to make them think for a few minutes. Cleveland has no 1st rounder, they would pick ours up, and they'd get a little quicker in the backfield adding Portis to Jamal Lewis. We'd solidify Campbell's blindside for the next decade.

Would they agree...probably not, but it at least would make them think.

i'll play this game: our 1st and next years 2nd and 4th for Roy Williams. then to get a little silly with it, we get NE forfeited pick because we lost sean t to drastic curcumstances and we draft jackson from USC with it. :cheers:

:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck

I'm just big into O-Linemen, and I like Thomas and Long. I really hope we look at getting Campbell's blind-side protection (for the rest of his career) very soon, like 1st round in the next year or two.

I would also rather groom our own guy, but I meant what I said, I would trade just about anyone on the team for Joe Thomas or the chance to draft Jake Long. Then I'd pray that neither is the next Robert Gallery so I don't get killed by the fans.:D

Replacing Jansen is wouldnt help with Jasons blindside....He's already got an all pro for that. Jansen plays RT which is not Campbells blind side. LT is.

trade ARE and Moss to the eagles for there first round pick and lito Sheapard, get a free agent WR this year with the 20 M we would be saving and then draft another reciever n the draft in the first round. This would help us save HUGE cap space, get younger receivers and fill the void at the CB positon.

Thoughts??

I estimated the value of Moss & ARE b/c I was too lazy to look into what we would save....so be kind here!!

My dream trades would probably consist of moving up in the draft to take either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston.... Which would mean trading up with either Miami or New England. I guess I have an impulsive need to want to find people that are Redskins from the get go and not retreads or malcontents from other teams.

I would also be more inclined not to make any moves for current NFL players right now. See what our needs are after one year under Zorn and then form a gameplan to fill those needs.

If I could trade veterans for more picks I would, but it's unlikely... our salary cap is tight and we wouldn't be able to take the hit in most cases. And if you look at the bargains that have been out there on the market in terms of trades this year it doesn't look like we'd get a whole lot of value in return for veterans anyway.

trade ARE and Moss to the eagles for there first round pick and lito Sheapard, get a free agent WR this year with the 20 M we would be saving and then draft another reciever n the draft in the first round. This would help us save HUGE cap space, get younger receivers and fill the void at the CB positon.

Thoughts??

I estimated the value of Moss & ARE b/c I was too lazy to look into what we would save....so be kind here!!

I wouldn't entertain trading within the division at all.

And considering both Moss and Randel El restructured (and in Moss' case extended)... I don't think there would be much savings if any at all.

I would like to see the Redskins trade Betts for a few draft picks, including a 1st rounder. I think that while he is a good back, Portis will always be #1 and Rock can be a real solid at #2. So essentially in my mind, he's talented but expendable. I would love to see the skins make a few big moves in the draft, and if we can get another first round pick (preferably in the top 10) I think it will go along way in developing young talent. Let me know what you guys think.

I would like to trade Betts for 4 1st rounders.

His contract is enormous.....one of the highest on the team, and it is always smart to begin looking at the biggest contracts.

Also, we have a lot of backups in case Portis goes down.

:applause:

Archived