Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Will Demps to Visit

AKM311

Posted at 5:53 PM ET, 03/ 1/2008

The Redskins Schedule A Free Agent Visit

Houston free agent safety Will Demps will be visiting the Redskins. league sources said.

Demps, 28, is a former starting safety with the Ravens, Giants and Texans. He entered the NFL with Baltimore in 2005, and had a rougher time of things with the Giants in 2006 - Baltimore drafted LaRon Landry's older borther, Dawan, that year and Landry became an immediate starter with them - and Demps played 15 games for Houston last season.

The Redskins are seeking safety depth, and though many scouts were impressed with how Reed Doughty came on late last season, I am not surprised Washington would look for a veteran to push Reed.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Get excited people! Will Demps is a 3 team loser, this is what we can afford today

Come on man lighten up !! Did the artical say Redskins were signing him NOOOOO it said he was being brought in for a visit

Stoutmire is 34 years old, Prioleau is 31 and likely gone to JAX and Fox is a career special teamer. Demps is a backup player and would be here in Washington.

I don't know why fans here get so exercised over the team looking at a potential #3 or #4 safety.

No one is promoting Demps as a 'solution' to any immediate issues other than veteran depth.

ummm wow, the Texans need S in a bad way, they are letting him go and we are going after him?? are we this stupid??

The Texans need a starting safety. Is there anywhere that said we are going to bring him in to be a starter?

Will Demps? Or won't he? Why do we care what Demps does? :whoknows: Or didn't do?

I hope they pass on Demps. 3 other teams have taken a dump on Demps. Let us not be the 4th Demps Dumper. Because Demps is Dumb.

definitely, dude.

He's not the worst S in the league. He's average and is a good ST player.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=6159

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 68 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Demps had the best season of his career last year. He has good size and athleticism and is best in the box and as a physical run support player. He is aggressive to the ball and will insert in piles. He is tough and competitive and throws his body around but is sometimes a bit out of control. He has good foot agility, balance and quickness in coverage but appears to lack the pure speed for the safety position. He can jump short and intermediate routes well and is smart enough to keep a good cushion when playing off the hash. Will use his hands well to re-route defenders and in block protection and keeps good body position to make plays against both the run and pass. He sees the field well and is instinctive in leveraging the ball as routes develop. Demps is a good football player who gets the most out of his ability and has been a solid contributor in various defensive positions, as well as on special teams.

Happy they scheduled an interview with someone so you can start ****ing about the F.O. again, huh? :laugh:

sorry but Reed isn't the answer next to Landry. i hope he proves me wrong because i like the kid a lot, but we have a good core on this team we are just missing a few pieces.

I like keeping our draft picks but if you think we are magically going to turn into the Pats and have the success they had with their draft picks you are sadly mistaken.

with two players at 23 and 24 starting at safety on defense, there is no reason for the Redskins to go after anything but depth at this position.

forget bringing in expensive players to challenge Landry or Doughty, there are simply too many more pressing needs at other positions.

if Demps can challenge Doughty for a job then that's an added bonus, but from what I saw those final few games, LaRon and Reed have complementary skills and work well together.

a good DC is not going to mess with that formula as long as it continues to work :)

Archived