Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get On That Lupe Fiasco Bandwagon!

skin_finatic

I admit, I've never listend to Lupe Fiasco... The reason being his name somehow reminds me of Daddy Yankee, which I have clearly heard and is most definitely regeton, which I personally can't stand.

I'll have to give Lupe a try.

LOL. Nothing like reggaton.

But yeah, I like him but don't love him. He gives me hope for the future though.

For some reason I've never listened to him, except that one single Kick, Push or whatever it was called. And not just because I tend to avoid mainstream rap(Young Jeezy, 50 Cent, Lil Jon, Gucci Mane, etc. are all garbage to me). I heard the beats on Food & Liquor are pretty generic. Maybe I'll check him out.

One Be Lo(Binary Star) drops knowledge.

One Be Lo is one of the best out.

Lupe's along the lines of guys like Common and Talib Kweli---real hip hop.

I do listen to guys like Fat Joe and Rick Ross, Pastor Troy and Plies, but Lupe's the real deal.

agreed. He's one of the best out.

Mainstream rap is garbage. I like listening to Common, Talib, and Lupe b/c they not only spit the truth about realissues, but don't fall into the mainstream trap and actualy dislike what mainstream has done to the game. They rap about it in their songs too.

And yes, American Terrorist is one of the best songs/most powerful songs to come out in year.

anyone that hasn't heard it, listen to it ASAP. It really sheds light on alot of issues.

I really don't get it... Lupe's definitely not bad but I haven't heard anything that really makes me want to flip out over the guy. Granted, I kind of feel the same way about Nas' work ever since Illmatic.

Lupe is the truth. He's got some very intricate lyrics, and they are very clever. He's also a great story teller, he can paint a picture for you very well. However, I think he is overrated, a lot of people are quick to call him the best right now, or something to that effect. But I think that those people are the ones who are constantly bombarded by the radio play of Young Jeezy, 50 Cent, Weebie and Souljah Boi on the radio. So in-terms of a mainstream hip-hop he is definitely a revival, he's definitely a better all-around rapper, but he's got a ways to go before he can be on the pedestal that people try to put him on right now.

I like Lupe, a lot, but I listen to him on shuffle in iTunes and then something from Talib comes on, or Del, or DOOM, or (and if you want a sick rapper right now, this dude is quickly moving up my list) Blu, and I think their overall style, delivery, lyrical content and thought pattern is on a different level. BTW, let me just say, Blu is the TRUTH, the dude is a new underground cat and has made me a big fan, check out Blu & Exile's - Below The Heavens and you'll see why.

But still Lupe is the **** but, as far as new to the scene rappers, Blu is my dude.

Edit: I just went and did a Google Search for Blu, and pulled up an Amazon page for Below The Heavens, and this dude pretty much echoes my sentiments, in more detail, in regards to Blu in his review of the album: http://www.amazon.com/review/R10XHQLWWTH409/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&ASIN=B000QFAEHI#wasThisHelpful

One Be Lo is one of the best out.

No doubt. S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. is absolutely amazing. One's lyrics are empowering and introspective, with strong social commentary. And Decompoze's soulful and jazzy rhythms are a perfect complement to the lyrics. One Be Lo drops more knowledge in one verse than Young Jeezy or 50 Cent have in their careers(sorry GOSKINS, but they are absolute garbage to me). Not to mention Masters of the Universe, which is just classic. I've been meaning to check his new joint, I think I'll cop that tomorrow.

^To the above poster. Below the Heavens is a good album, and Blu is an excellent emcee. I thought Exile's beats could've been a little better though, there isn't much variation and it gets kinda boring in the middle. Still a good album.

No doubt. S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. is absolutely amazing. One's lyrics are empowering and introspective, with strong social commentary. And Decompoze's soulful and jazzy rhythms are a perfect complement to the lyrics. One Be Lo drops more knowledge in one verse than Young Jeezy or 50 Cent have in their careers(sorry GOSKINS, but they are absolute garbage to me). Not to mention Masters of the Universe, which is just classic. I've been meaning to check his new joint, I think I'll cop that tomorrow.

^To the above poster. Below the Heavens is a good album, and Blu is an excellent emcee. I thought Exile's beats could've been a little better though, there isn't much variation and it gets kinda boring in the middle. Still a good album.

I can agree with that on Exile's side. The first time I listened to Blu, I wasn't really that impressed because like you say, the beats hurt it. But I've heard some Blu tracks without Exile, and that's what made me even more of a fan of Blu. Initially I was like, "Yeah, he's not bad", then I heard some more of his stuff, then started listening to Below The Heavens again and really paying attention to Blu, and I changed my mind.

I was lying down, trying to go to sleep, when I thought about this rapper that I forgot to show some love to in this thread. It bugged me so much I couldn't sleep.

He's been around for a minute, but he's a damn good rapper and that's Murs. Murs is killer. Murray's Revenge was a really good album.

Indeed.

Archived