Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Anniversary is it this year?

CRT3

Seems like every year we have another anniversary to celebrate. Those crazy marketting crew that work for Danny come up with a new one every year. Sell us the latest and greatest in fashion. Last year I would have love to seen those yellow helmets with gold pants more often. I have to admit Danny's crew is good but it is getting a little old. Anybody agree on this?

Seems like every year we have another anniversary to celebrate. Those crazy marketting crew that work for Danny come up with a new one every year.

This year is the 76th anniversary so the Redskins will celebrate the fact this is the first season after the 75th year. Plus they will play up the number "76" and have a bicentennial type year complete with a logo with burgundy, white & blue.

I know the uniform thing comes up every year and some of you hate to talk about it....BUT........The skins have been in the same uniforms for what....26 years now. I would love to see the skins in those yellow helmets with the R, and yellow pants for away. Burgandy shirts with yellow pants for home.

I know this has nothing to do with any anniversary, so lets call this the anniversary of the uniform thread. Happens this time every year.

I know the uniform thing comes up every year and some of you hate to talk about it....BUT........The skins have been in the same uniforms for what....26 years now. I would love to see the skins in those yellow helmets with the R, and yellow pants for away. Burgandy shirts with yellow pants for home.

I know this has nothing to do with any anniversary, so lets call this the anniversary of the uniform thread. Happens this time every year.

Ugh,,I couldn't disagree more.

Those yellow R helmets were the worst... Vince Lombardi's attempt to turn us into the Packers.

I like our logo, I think it looks proud.

Now I can agree with the old yellow pants to go with the burgundy jerseys, ala 1972. That's pretty cool.

~Bang

Fashion Police merge in 3... 2... 1...

:silly:

I have a 50th anniversary patch around here somewhere, from 1987. But that means last year was our 70th anniversary, not our 75th? :whoknows:

Well one anniversary is the creation of the Skins, and one is when they moved from Boston to DC.

If you like the Gators or Hurricanes, yes, because it looks like the FSU seminoles jerseys.:2cents:

I did a little research, and it looks like they pretty much stole the helmet/jersey from from US. So it would be better stated that their jerseys look like OURS. :helmet: Tell them to get their own damn designs.

Some photographic evidence:

FLStateXFSU4952_thumb.jpg 1949-1952

FF_114010_l.jpg1963-1965 & 1969

s-tb-fl-st-70-c.jpg 1970-1971

s-tb-fl-st-72-c.jpg 1966-1968 & 1972

So FSU can suck it.

Next year should be a BIG ONE MAY 2009 will mark the tenth anniversary of Richie Rich purchasing this once proud and successful franchise and bringing it to its knees

This is actually the 10th season of play since Danny bought the team....I'd put my bet on celebrating the 25th anniversary of a Super Bowl win, but that's just what little birdies tell me.

Ugliest uniforms in redskins history. Sorry it's that bad.

i'm sure they will congure up something to do with Monk/Green getting into the hall. Sell patches or something? I hope they dont let anyone wear 28 or 81 this year and retire the numbers, that would be cool

Sort of like when the created a 25th anniversary patch for Super Bowl XVII? I couldn't believe that that they were even going to go there on that one.

FSU ripped that logo off of the Skins, not the other way around. We wore those threads for five years before they were ever worn in Tallahassee.

easy on the FSU bashing, they represent an indian tribe, what did you want their uni's to have on them? A teepee with smoke signals coming out of it...jeezs...hahahaha

yes im an alum and there is more to football right??? LOL

easy on the FSU bashing, they represent an indian tribe, what did you want their uni's to have on them? A teepee with smoke signals coming out of it...jeezs...hahahaha

yes im an alum and there is more to football right??? LOL

Good Lord! Is it just me, or does the girl on the left have a GIGANTIC HEAD?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36106&stc=1

Admitedly, FSU are hot... *drool*

FSUGirls.jpg

What year did FedEx open? Was it '93, if so, there's a 15-year anniversary waiting to happen. Although for the life of me, I'm not sure it's really worth celebrating that.

And as for all the FSU pictures popping up in this topic, this thread's starting to remind me of Silicon Valley... :silly:

Archived