Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In response to Oldskool's JLC reply....

RWJ

Why go after Hackett, he reaks of the dreaded "Lloydism", tons of potential but sucks as a Skin!

Yeah, but at least Zorn will know him. That way, Vinny can't use the excuse of the busts Archuleta and Lloyd that we didn't have anyone in the organization that had previous first-hand experience with the players... :laugh: :doh:

I still don't like the move for Hackett man.

I certainly wouldnt support the Hackett move myself because personally I'm just not impressed with him, but he does know the system which is always key.

Florence, certainly IMO is someone to take a long hard look at.

whats with the Hackett love around her?? Has he proven ANYTHING?? He is injured all the time and had ONE decent game against us and people think he is key to our WR problems. :doh:

if we do pick him up i really hope our offense sucks balls just to prove to everyone its time to stop picking up question mark players.

i like eric shelton, who is this guy, looks like he could turn some heads in camp, too bad he's a running back.

Shelton will never be much of a featured RB but I think that if we put him at FB he could be one of the best. He has the size and speed to block for Portis in the open field without getting in his way and he can run the ball when needed.

So this is a thread responding to a response of an article? No recaps, quotes, or links? Are you talking about Florence of the Chargers? Isn't Hackett a RFA? What the hell is going on around here? If I have a comment should I start a new thread?

Hackett is a UFA as is Florence and this is the same CB from the Chargers. 2007 was the last year of his rookie contract.

Hackett is a perfect signing for the Skins. Cheap insurance even if they DO draft a WR in the 5th round ;)(cough*arrington*cough). Let him play for a year or two while the team drafts a few guys for the future. OJT for them and the team can remain competitive at the WR position with Moss/Hackett on the outside and ARE playing the slot.

This also frees up draft picks to be used on DT/DE/OL which is what 99% of Skins fans want at this point.

So whose not starting on the lineup next year because Jansen already restructured. Is Kendall headed to the bench and being the backup to rabach and the Guards
That would be my guess.

Kendall, at this point, would be best in a backup role.

Why would Kendall go to the bench?? He's the starting Guard the other one would be a healthy Randy Thomas.

Jansen is a Tackle and his restructured deal has nothing to do with Kendall moving from a starting Guard to a backup Center or Guard.

How can you call the guy injury prone, he's only been in the league four years and has missed half a year due to injury.

:rolleyes:

He's very injury prone. He's never played a full season and missed his rookie season with a hip injury.
Hackett = Lloyd
Why go after Hackett, he reaks of the dreaded "Lloydism", tons of potential but sucks as a Skin!
Hackett is an UFA, he's not going to cost draft picks. I doubt he gets the 12million in guarantees that Lloyd got either.

For those of you looking to upgrade our WR's. This is not a heavy FA class for WRs. Randy Moss and Bernard Berrian are it for big names. Both will probably land large deals somewhere. So its either make a massive deal for a Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, or Larry Fitzgerald, sign Moss or Berrian or look to the draft.

Or we can stick with Santana, El and sign a guy like Hackett or Bryant Johnson.

Archived