Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B. Lloyd - cut or traded?

DirtySkin21

Now I did a search on this and I received this

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17 bytes) in /srv/www/htdocs-redskins/forums/search.php on line 843

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 87 bytes) in /srv/www/htdocs-redskins/forums/includes/functions.php on line 490"

So, try not to cruify me if anyone else started this thread.

I was reading around the Internet and I saw that some other teams STILL think Brandon Lloyd is a beast and are waiting for us to cut him. Does anyone else think that we could maybe get a later round pick or just try to at least trade for a player that isnt even as good as lloyd but is young?

What does everyone else think? here is what i read about Brandon Lloyd .

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191501&page=8

-Brandon Lloyd is a beast, I've watched him through the years, and he was an animal in 2004 and 2005 on awful Sanfrancisco teams and was the only bright spot catching passes from awful QB's with decent numbers. Off the 2005 year he signed a big contract with the Redskins, but in 2006 had run ins with the coaching staff which lead to no playing time and then in 2007 vowed to get back on the same page as the team but then got hurt and had his season ended. Washington is over the cap and will release some players, Brandon Lloyd will be one of them and coming off a "bust" 2 years in Washington and an injury he will be cheap. Raiders should definately sign him because he does have ties to the Bay area already playing for the 49ers, he's only 26 and has a lot of game left in him, we are WEAK in the WR department, and TRUST ME- Brandon Lloyd can ball, I watched almost every game of the Redskins the past 2 years, and they were screwing with him on the playing time and even when he played was behind santana moss, chris cooley, antwaan randle el, reche caldwell, and keenan mccardell. GIVE THIS GUY A CHANCE!

The Washington Post's Jason La Canfora quotes sources who say there is "no way" Brandon Lloyd will get his roster bonus this spring.

Lloyd has been a tremendous bust for the Redskins, and dumping his salary will be a good first step as the Redskins try to attain a stud receiver this offseason. It is believed the team would heavily pursue either Chad Johnson (by trade) or Randy Moss (if not franchised) if they become available.

WE HAVE TO SIGN THIS GUY, look at his 04-05 numbers in sanfrancisco with a 2-14 49er team in 2004 and 4-12 49er team in 2005. Both seasons with an awful team, an awful offense, and 2 awful QB's (2005 was Alex Smith's rookie year...yikes!)

I mean seriously though, maybe we just have really low view of him because of what we paid for him and what he has done for us, but the facts are.. Alot of people still think he has alot of talent..

If the raiders are really bad on WR's i dont see why they wouldnt give up a late round pick to have someone they think can be on the other end of Russels ball.

This is an example of when I wish fans did run other teams in the league. Only fans would be dumb enough (or our front office unfortunately) to trade for this fool.

hahah i really thought everyone thought B lloyd sucked but i have heard from a few people they just think we did him wrong... ???

i dont get it, he didnt earn ANYTHING.

he wanted everything given to him.

I will honestly be upset if we dont resign Reche Caldwell.

The problem is that no team will trade for him because they will have to pick up his contract. They will also have to give us compensation. Why would they take a chance on a guy with no production when they know he will be a FA soon and they can offer him their own deal.

Some front office would have to be in love with him to want to keep him off the market, but I don't see that. He will get picked up at veteran minimum with incentives, if he's lucky.

Even that fan wasn't proposing a trade.

We could tell brandon Lloyd we are going to try and trade him and we can ask him if he can restructure his contract so he can look for attractive to other teams??

Once another team wants him he can decide on what kinda contract and deal he wants with them.

That can happen can it? Im sure hes all for going somewhere where he willl play.

Let's just play the dude.

this isn't the same coaching staff. I honestly think that our new coaching staff is going to choose to play him more often. If he shows that he can still play then maybe he will earn a bigger role on the team but I just don't see him getting cut or traded. He is bigger than our other receivers so that might just get him some more playing time. I see out offense being alot more aggressive this year with Jim Zorn and that means we will have to keep fresh legs on the field...we could end up needing him.

Lloyd will get us nothing in terms of compensation.

1- He sucks.

2- He has a bloated contract.

3- Everyone knows he will be released.

There is no bargaining power in this. Would be different if he actually played at all over the past two seasons. If Randy Moss was only worth a 4th rounder, this guy isn't worth anything.

I read this:

Free Agency:

Sign Sean Locklear, RT

Re-sign Josh McCown, QB

Sign D.J. Hackett, WR

Re-Sign Tommy Kelly, DE

Re-Sign Jeremy Newberry, C

Sign Andre Davis, WR

Cut & Trades;

Cut Warren

Trade [Lamont] Jordan, 3rd/4th pick to Detroit for Roy Williams, 15th pick, 2nd round pick, and 5th round pick

Trade Rhodes to Jets for Vilma

Cut Sims

Contract Extension;

Roy Williams WR

Nnamdi CB

Jonathan Vilma LB

Restructures;

Robert Gallery OG

and realized how dumb the people are on that board.

Off the 2005 year he signed a big contract with the Redskins, but in 2006 had run ins with the coaching staff which lead to no playing time and then in 2007 vowed to get back on the same page as the team but then got hurt and had his season ended. Washington is over the cap and will release some players, Brandon Lloyd will be one of them and coming off a "bust" 2 years in Washington and an injury he will be cheap. Raiders should definately sign him because he does have ties to the Bay area already playing for the 49ers, he's only 26 and has a lot of game left in him, we are WEAK in the WR department, and TRUST ME- Brandon Lloyd can ball, I watched almost every game of the Redskins the past 2 years, and they were screwing with him on the playing time and even when he played was behind santana moss, chris cooley, antwaan randle el, reche caldwell, and keenan mccardell. GIVE THIS GUY A CHANCE!

*These aren't the words of the OP, but the words quoted from his article link.

Brandon Lloyd struggled on offense in '06 with the rest of the team, but threw a temper tantrum, throwing his helmet on the ground on the sidelines, and was benched for it.

In '07, he was benched long before he was injured. And there was even some specualtion as to whether or not the injury was real, or just the teams' way of dealing with Lloyd. Remember, Lloyd didn't get on the flight to one of our early away games because of his issues. Sadly, those same issues were known about when he was in SanFRan. But just like these Raiders fans, Saunders was enamored with Lloyd's talent and potential and fell for the bait. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't put forth effort that talent goes to waste. Its that same talent that has some Skins fans still wanting to give him a chance, and other fans wanting to give him a chance. Sorry, but if Gibbs couldn't get to Lloyd, I can't really think of that many other coaches who could have stood a better chance.

Considering this, absolutely trade Lloyd if some team is foolish enough to do it. I'm not sure what the cap ramifications would be, but Arch had the same contract, and was shipped out without much of a cap hit.

this isn't the same coaching staff. I honestly think that our new coaching staff is going to choose to play him more often. If he shows that he can still play then maybe he will earn a bigger role on the team but I just don't see him getting cut or traded. He is bigger than our other receivers so that might just get him some more playing time. I see out offense being alot more aggressive this year with Jim Zorn and that means we will have to keep fresh legs on the field...we could end up needing him.

Hell, if he's the possession receiver he used to be in San Fran, the least we could do is let him get his shot here. I know, he ****ed up under Gibbs. But Gibbs' system is High Character. I want to see what he'd be able to do in a WCO.

Joe Gibbs always sours on players quickly. I am not saying Lloyd is a beast and he has alot to prove, but he was thrown to like 15 times since he was here. His confidence is shot, this guy has some game, go look at some of his game tape in San Fran..... that is not a fluke. He will probably go somewhere else and be productive. typical Redskins---------

hahah i really thought everyone thought B lloyd sucked but i have heard from a few people they just think we did him wrong... ???

We did him wrong by tearing up his contract and giving him $10 million in bonuses before he ever played a down for us (well, technically, half that was paid the following summer). He even said it in one of his rap songs, "I never thought I'd be making this much money."

He is as good a reciever as any we have. Moss can't catch and he fumbles alot and he's too small.

With the previous coaches here if you got in their dog house you never got out. I doubt if they even spoke to lyodd during the season. That is just how dsyfunctional they were.

I think he could be great reciever if given the chance

Llyod will be the next David Patten. Hurt for 2 years, used sparingly, not deemed worthy by the fans. Cut, then some team will pick him up and he'll have 60+ catches. Coaching or just bad luck of the drawl?

What's it gonna cost to keep him for another year vs. cutting him this year? If not too significant, give him 1 more year under Zorn, or even better see how his pre-season goes. If he bounces back he could be our #3. If not......see ya!

HTTR!!!!!!

I will honestly be upset if we dont resign Reche Caldwell.

I was impressed with Caldwell as well - he looked a good #3 and a very good #4. I did read on JLCs Insider blog though that he has 'chronic' knee problems so there is a medical risk assuming that report is correct.

I was impressed with Caldwell as well - he looked a good #3 and a very good #4. I did read on JLCs Insider blog though that he has 'chronic' knee problems so there is a medical risk assuming that report is correct.

yeah, i heard that too, but im sure he has a few years still left in him.

If we take a chance on McIntosh why not Caldwell?

Archived