Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B. Lloyd - cut or traded?

DirtySkin21

Who the hell will trade for Lloyd??? And those that feel that he could be of any worth to anyone in the NFL, take a look at other recent cuts the Redskins made for WR with 'potential'.

- Michael Westbrook (cut after 2001) - had 8 catches with Cincy, then out of the league

- Derrius Thompson (cut after 2002)- Only started 15 of 32 games with Miami, with barely 700 yds combined in those two seasons, then out of the league

- Darnerian McCants (cut after 2004) - Never started a game, had only 5 catches for the Eagles in 2005 before he was out of the league

- Rod Gardner (traded after 2004) - Only started one game, moved to 3 different teams, never had an impact with around 150 rec yards combined in two seasons, then out of the league

- Taylor Jacobs (traded after 2005) - Never started a game, less than 70 rec yds combined in three seasons with 2 teams.

Pretty sad when you look at it, when these guys at some point in time showed potential to be a solid starters for the Redskins.

Let's just give him a seventh chance. He deserves it.

Really though we gotta give him another shot simply because we are giving him tons of $$$$. I'm not prepared to simply write that off as a waste. Dude is 26. 6'0. If some team wants to give us a third, fourth, or even fifth round pick then sure, go ahead and do it. But that's not gonna happen We can't cut him because that would be a huge cap hit, which we cannot afford. Play the fellow, things can change and he could ball out of control. Likely, no. But possible. He can contribute still, I know it.

Let's just play the dude.

theres a first time for everything i guess.

although from an ES perspective, its much easier to just never let the guy see the field, overthrow him a few passes out of bounds when he IS on the field, criticize him for "giving up" on a terrible underthrown ball in week 1, then call for his head all year for not being productive in the 12 plays he was actually on the field, 4 of which resulted in him being open deep and our QB not being able to get the ball to him.

this board needs scapegoats, lloyd is the latest flavor of the month...errr...year.

play the dude.

For a guy who contributed so little to his team because of his own doing, why so many threads about him?

I'd rather see threads about Albright.

b/c he is the scapegoat man, he is the guy everyone loves to hate.

people turn on the news, they want to see car crashes, murders, britney spears in rehab...they dont want to see community service, so and so won a nobel prize, etc. sensationalism man, part of society. this is the extremeskins version..."lloyd sucks get rid of him!" "trade lloyd for a ham sandwich" "whos worse brandon lloyd or taylor jacobs?"

whatever gives people something to complain about.

I say give Lloyd a shot with this staff. The only reason I say this is David Patten could do nothing with the Skins. I turn a couple Saints games this year and he's a factor. I'm like was it him or the coaching staff here?

I'd talk to Llod about maybe taking a pay cut though.

Archived