Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PREDICTION : per RotoWorld - - Lance Briggs will be a Redskin (merged)

kelly

My goodness, consider the SOURCE.

This isn't an insider or anything, it's a fantasy football writer. Are we interested in Briggs. Probably. Will he get big dollars. Absolutely. But these numbers are just the guess of one person.

Briggs is not overrated and he'd be a consistent force for us.

Briggs is not selfish. He could have sat out 10 games last year and played 6 and hit FA this year, but instead he showed and played the season with the Bears.

BUT Briggs is not my first option, just saying he's not a bad option.

For Briggs' price tag you could pick up, maybe, two solid players. Everyone is going to get paid in FA. Look at Dockery and Royal. I'd rather have one stud than two mid-level FA who could bust in a new system and location.

I'd like a different stud than Briggs, but he's really good and he'd replace Marcus or Rocky in the lineup.

dude, I spend alot more than thousands on the redskins, and I still dont ***** at Dan Snyder for what he does. He has professionals areound him, how do YOU think you know more than him? think about it..

I think alot of people are spoiled that we have 5 superbowl appearances because its VERY hard to win in the NFL and not everyone can do it.

But Dan is learning and he HASNT paid this much to briggs yet cus i would bet Dans not that stupid to pay for briggs.

OF course you are entitled to your opinion on who he wants and NOT but im entitled to my feelings about that and I think its rediculous.

You ****ing is not going to change Snyders mind on what he does, so you just gotta roll with it if you're a skins fan you shouldnt be suprised of anything and you should just hope he will learn instead of being a pessimist all the time.

it's the NFL, and we are the redskins, AS long as we arent signing old farts to HUGE contracts and not trading multiple picks away at a time we will be alright.

we draft pretty well

You spend "a lot more than thousands" on the Redskins? And you're how old? May I have the phone number of your broker?

I don't recall "****ing" and I never said anything about what I know or don't know about running an NFL franchise. I did play Division IAA football, which doesn't qualify me to be a GM, but it's something.

I'm simply pointing out that I believe it's fair to criticize Snyder for repeating mistakes of the past considering the team's losing record during his tenure.

The mistake being signing stars from other teams to MASSIVE contracts, when we have men on our roster who could do the job and we have other priorities to fill.

Again, he hasn't pulled the trigger on this deal so who knows. And if it does happen, I will most certainly "roll with it" and hope for the best because I will forever be a Redskins fan.

First let me state I don't want the redskins to sign Lance Briggs.

But let say redskins sign Lance Briggs to a deal. Who will not be starting this season Washington or Rocky? IF you do sign Briggs will the redskins let one of them go? You cannot has player like Washington on the bench or Rocky. Last season LB corp was not the problem and only need depth.

Remember LB corp need depth

Dline need a starter

CB need solid backup that can step up in starter roll if needed

SS/FS need depth

Isn't Rocky out, w/ injuries, for a majority of the season? If so, I can understand the want for a starting LB. You can't start a season hoping that your starter will return from an injury. What if he has set backs throughout the season? Then you're f'd in the a.

You have to plan for the worst case scenerio.

Bench Fletcher. That guy sucks. Problem solved.

wow - WHAT??!!

Fletcher can be attributed to our D having the season they had, are you just joking or something?

I hope we don't sign him we need depth @ LB position, we don't need another starter there. Bring back Lemar Marshall in case Rocky can't go week1, we don't need ego's flared up here, and causing issues for a new head coach from the get go.

If we're going to spend that kinda money (projected to be 6/7 years, $21mil guaranteed, and 63 mil over all) then let's go and get Jared Allen or Asante Samuel.

I don't really see the need to sign Briggs, unless they are doubtful of 1 of the 3 starters. Fletcher is a GW guy, maybe Blache wants to go younger there. I think Fletch was the best MLB I can remember for the Skins in a long time.

It doesn't really make much sense to get a Briggs, except he is a great LB.

I would really hate to fork over a lot of money for this guy. Especially when we don't even need him! They could move Marcus over to the weak-side where he can be a better pass rusher. And start Blades at the Strong side where he played half of his college career. I really would like to see more playing time for Blades. When he was in the game on D, he was around the ball and making hard hits.

McIntosh has suffered 2 knee injuries in the past 3 years, Washington appears on the downside of his career and Fletcher is old.

Explain to me agiain why people are against signing Briggs.

Agreed. Although I don't think Fletcher is slipping at all.

Briggs would give us some flexibility.

washington, as noted has had injury problems and has a HUGE cap number coming up. He simply is not playing anywhere near the level he was when he came here.

The words "degenerative knee problem" have been used on Rocky. Degenerative = not good for those wondering. As much as I'd like to develop the young man, he may not be able to.

Briggs in the fold opens up a lot of options.

~Bang

Lance Briggs is good but anyone that thinks signing him to a 6-7 year 60-70 million dollar deal with 20 million guarenteed is extremely naive .

briggs will turn 28 in 2008 and LB'ers tend to go downhill after age 30.

unless briggs can buck the trend it will be a nice signing in the beginning but in 3-4 years he will be a major regret.

unless he takes a smaller deal to play for a winning team,he'll be a niner.

they almost traded for him in the beginning of the 07 season, and had a contract in place.

the 49ers have piles of cap space,we'd have to nip&tuck to make room for a big name signing.

PLEASE, no. Briggs is good but we have more pressing needs (DT, DE, CB, OG, WR & S).

When MacIntosh's knee gives way again and it becomes even obvious to blind people that Marcus Washington has lost a step or five, then?

Add LB to your list. In big bold letters.

~Bang

Archived