Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PREDICTION : per RotoWorld - - Lance Briggs will be a Redskin (merged)

kelly

where was Haynesworth tagged? I'm not sure I've seen it.

its in the works..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?statsId=5901

News: Haynesworth and the Titans are currently in the works of a long-term contract extension that would declare him a franchise player, according to the Associated Press. [ + ] '+'; } }

Impact: The Titans' franchise guarantee would pay Haynesworth a minimum of $6.37 million next season, which is the average salary of the five highest-paid defensive tackles in the NFL. The deadline for declaring a franchise player is next Thursday, so expect a more concrete deal to be struck some time next week. (RotoWire - Fri. Feb 15, 2008)

Rocky has a degenerative disc problem in his knees so Im not sure how long we can inlcude him in our future plans..

I'm not sold on the fact we are solid at linebacker either.. I think someone will have to be cut if they do sign briggs.. and for some reason i see washginton being that dude.

Rocky has a spine in his knee? :D I can get you a huge grant if you can prove that one. :D

Seriously, he has a degenerative cartilage issue. Discs are in the spine.

It's hard to see how the wslb position is that valuable in our defensvie scheme. What has Blache said that the most important position is -- CB. Then after that being able to rush the passer from the front four. If we sign hin to some kind of ridiculous contract like the one suggested here, that would prove that the team has learned absolutely nothing over the last 8 years of Snyder.

I don't understand all the Briggs love on this board. Is one of our starting three LBs (Rocky, Washington, Fletcher) no longer in our plans for this season?

Rocky's got some kind of degenerative condition on both knees. Since it's "only" Dany Snyder's money and not picks, why not get him? We ALWAYS seem to work the cap, even when every talking head says that it's going to bite us in the ass. I've been hearing that for going on 10 years now - still waiting for the Big Dawg...

Rocky's got some kind of degenerative condition on both knees. Since it's "only" Dany Snyder's money and not picks, why not get him? We ALWAYS seem to work the cap, even when every talking head says that it's going to bite us in the ass. I've been hearing that for going on 10 years now - still waiting for the Big Dawg...

So true.. haha i laugh when people act like dan is spending their money on players.. We always get under the cap and get the players we want. What's the big deal?

It's not your money, so what gives you the right to tell Dan who and where his moeny should go? think about it.

now the picks i understand, but i dont see why people ***** at him for buying players, its his money an his team.

So true.. haha i laugh when people act like dan is spending their money on players.. We always get under the cap and get the players we want. What's the big deal?

It's not your money, so what gives you the right to tell Dan who and where his moeny should go? think about it.

now the picks i understand, but i dont see why people ***** at him for buying players, its his money an his team.

Amen! :applause:

Just a little fun among members. When I first started school they used to call the meniscus a disc. :cheers:

really?

Yea the meniscus is fibrocartiledge right?it kinda acts as shocks and protects the joints? or is it the bone?

I almost tore mine playing soccer in high school

Why did people call that a disc?

If we're gonna spend a whole lot of money and cap space on a guy, I don't want it to be overrated Lance Briggs. I'd rather spend money at a more important position of need, like defensive line (Corey Williams, DT, 14 sacks last 2 years) or CB (Asante Samuel, 16 INTs last 2 years), or even getting a big-time WR that most on this board were salivating over.

Ideally, I'd rather we not blow our cap on the hopes of one player, but rather add youth and depth, with a few other additions. We don't need to overpay for every position.

If we're gonna spend a whole lot of money and cap space on a guy, I don't want it to be overrated Lance Briggs. I'd rather spend money at a more important position of need, like defensive line (Corey Williams, DT, 14 sacks last 2 years) or CB (Asante Samuel, 16 INTs last 2 years), or even getting a big-time WR that most on this board were salivating over.

Ideally, I'd rather we not blow our cap on the hopes of one player, but rather add youth and depth, with a few other additions. We don't need to overpay for every position.

Dude, honestly... Lance Briggs is anything but overrated, IMO.

Worth the money he'll demand? Maybe not. Overrated? Not to me.

You can connect the dots to the speculation:

Briggs drafted 2003 = Blache coached the Bears D 2003 and Rosenhaus is Briggs' agent = Snyders favorite agent

I recall Vinny stating they would not look at FA's who the coaches didn't know or coach previously. Remarking about the mistakes made with Lloyd and AA. Obviously, Blache knows Briggs!

Dude is cheering the prediction that we will overpay a player we don't need. Haven't we all learned yet that free agents are the death of our winning record?

I think i can agree with you, but I can also say he's young, one of the best LB's in the league, and wont cost us any draft picks this year and then we wont have to address our LB for a while except in the later rounds like we got Blades from.(but you do that every year)

I think the death of our winning record is the way we approach free agency.

To pay vets on their Decline HUGE contracts ( ie: deion, Chad Johnson would probably only give us a couple years, Bruce smith, etc.)

To get good vets that are solid can reallllly help your team and really help groom your younger talent.

Look at London Fletcher, he has solidified the MLB for us.

look at Smoot

Look at Springs

Look at santana

Look at Portis.....

Archived