Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter Manley Jr.

Clemenza1112

He parted ways with Oregon last year. Don't really know under what conditions. Don't even know if he will try to play football or not.

Actually I ran into Mr. D several weeks ago at a party for my uncle (dexter and him go way back and actually attend aa together) anyways i happen to ask him what happened to his son. I mentioned I hadn't heard about him at Oregon and he told me he left and was playing at a lower level some community college and that he was goin to try for the nfl. I didnt get into it with Dexter about why his son left Oregon but he did tell me that he did play football this year.

Manley, Jr. should be around in post-draft free agency if he chooses to try for the NFL. Sitting out last season hurt his stock badly.

I'd say sign him if he gets to post-draft free agency, it can't hurt, and we may be in for a surprise. But otherwise, pass.

QFT

IT's funny though voicekiller, its always usually people like him that have the REAL problems so they try to put other people down who have public problems to hude the light from shinng on their own.

like i told him, i hope he never has to deal with any problems in his life.

I hope his children grown up and become drug addicts and then he has to be forced to learn it's a disease, not a decision.

some people man..

:bsflag:

With all due respect and love for Dexter Manley Sr., I disagree with your assertion that it's a disease and not a choice. He made his choice the first time he snorted coke and choose to keep using. He could have stopped. He could have looked in the mirror and said to himself, "Hey! I'm rich, I'm famous, I play for the best damn NFL team ever in the league. WTF am I doing?" He choose not too. And while I have sympathy for him, and I'm happy that he cleaned up his life - I don't want to hear that it was a disease.

That's a poor excuse. "Help! I can't stop because I have a disease" is easier to say than - "I ****ed up. I know I've disappointed you all. I'll clean up and make you proud again". Far too many people are willing to blame "a disease" rather than facing reality and "making a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves". We all have defects of character. How we choose to admit them and face them is what really determines who we are as people.

And thank God that Manley Sr. was able to ultimately show how much character he had. :applause:

I'll get off my :soapbox: box now...

I hope you never have to battle any demons in your life buddy. Because the way you just spit out that ******* remark you will get yours someday. Unfortunetly, not everyone is perfect and has a perfect life like you.

You are perfect right?? cus i thought only perfect people could judge and make ******* remarks about someones past problems.

Where do you get all that? :laugh: It's just a stupid joke. Get over it.

With all due respect and love for Dexter Manley Sr., I disagree with your assertion that it's a disease and not a choice. He made his choice the first time he snorted coke and choose to keep using. He could have stopped. He could have looked in the mirror and said to himself, "Hey! I'm rich, I'm famous, I play for the best damn NFL team ever in the league. WTF am I doing?" He choose not too. And while I have sympathy for him, and I'm happy that he cleaned up his life - I don't want to hear that it was a disease.

That's a poor excuse. "Help! I can't stop because I have a disease" is easier to say than - "I ****ed up. I know I've disappointed you all. I'll clean up and make you proud again". Far too many people are willing to blame "a disease" rather than facing reality and "making a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves". We all have defects of character. How we choose to admit them and face them is what really determines who we are as people.

And thank God that Manley Sr. was able to ultimately show how much character he had. :applause:

I'll get off my :soapbox: box now...

He made his choice to do it yes, he did not consciously make the choice to become a full blown addict the first couple times he did it. After that it was probably too late. Alcoholism and addiction have been proven to be hereditary. It is referred to as a disease by almost every rehab clinic out there. You can have your opinion, but I hope it is a researched and educated one and not just some feeling you have.

he did not play at oregon this past year

That's why I was having difficulty searching for him, hoping to get stats and player performance background on Dexter Jr.

I would think he will not be drafted by any team. I really don't know if he qualifies for the draft. If he does, he could become a UDFA and try out for a team, maybe the Skins.

Does he come with a cocaine addiction?

Pretty classless remark there. Dexter was a great Redskin and it was too bad that he bad a drug provblem, he should be a Hall of Famer considering the let LT in and he did Coke too.

From what I heard Dexter Manley Jr. learned from his father's mistakes.

What about Dexter Manley Jr. DE Oregon, they have him rank in top 20 D-lineman, he's 6'4 260-280 depends on which web site you look at, his speed is 4.5 in the 40 he still a little raw but I think he would be a good pick-up in the 3rd round, if he can be anything like his father was on the field I think it would be a steal. What do you's think.

:logo:

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but Dexter Manley, Jr. did not receive an invitation to compete at the combine. So, my question to you is: does Manley, Jr. qualify to be drafted?

According to some other posters, Dexter, Jr. left Oregon and attended a junior college.

I hope his children grown up and become drug addicts and then he has to be forced to learn it's a disease, not a decision.

some people man..

He made an ******* comment, but you know what, you just took it a step lower and just made yourself look like an *******.

:applause: on preaching against someone for making a stupid comment and then you took it even further.:doh:

Some people man..... yeah your right....... some people never learn from others mistakes, just like yourself.

You should be ashamed, wishing harm on someone elses children to prove a point.

Why is everybody getting their panties in a bunch over a little joke??

No one is getting their panties in a bunch.

People are simply disapproving of a bad joke that tries to elicit a laugh at someone's expense, someone who has had difficulties in life.

The fact the poster was merely trying to be funny is no excuse.

Haha...its hilarious how people are jumping over that guy for saying does he come with a cocaine addiction. I actually laughed at it, grow up guys.

I swear people look for anything to be offended about...Like if you guys are Dexter's cousin or somthing :laugh:.

Sure it was probably a rude thing to say, but all of you are acting like you are Dexter, and taking it personally. :laugh:

I would love to have Dan and Vinny bring in Dex Jr. in some manner. I would love to see him get a chance to play the same position and for the same team as his pop. I think he would be very proud of his son were that to happen. I hope he gets a shot a somewhere but I think it would be a classy move for Vinny to invite him in for a look.

Archived