Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sedrick Ellis - DT we need!!!

RWJ

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/sedrickellis.html

I hope we are targeting him.

Strengths:

Very quick with a great first step...Very strong and powerful...A terrific pass rusher with the burst to close...Athletic with good speed...Instinctive...Sheds blocks well and is able to beat the double team...Is technically sound when it comes to using his hands and understanding leverage...Has a non-stop motor...Tough and a very hard worker with top-notch intangibles...Has experience at both tackle positions.

Weaknesses:

Doesn't have the ideal height or bulk that you look for...Has some minor durability issues...Might have some trouble holding his ground at the point against massive blockers...Limited schematically and probably won't be a perfect fit for every team.

Notes:

Could be a prototypical three-technique at the pro level...Redshirted in 2003 after breaking his left ankle and missed some time in '06 with a knee injury..Productive, disruptive force in the middle..A better prospect than Mike Patterson was in 2005.

Funny how quickly we buy into Vinny's propaganda... We need a DE' date=' and to a much much lesser extent, a DT.[/quote']

I agree, but when he said on his radio show on Redskins' radio today that the team is not targeting a DE and Washington and Wilson could handle the position and he wanted a 3-ATech at DT, we might want to look in the DT area. You agree, my friend?

This year's 1st and next year's 2nd. Is it worth it? Maybe not, but if we are set on getting a sound 3-tech DT in the draft, maybe so.

It will cost a lot more than that to trade up to the 5th pick. I've covered this in a thread about glenn dorsey. It would cost us this year's 1st, 2nd, 3rd and next year's 2nd. I just hope if we are targetting a dt we stay far far away from kentwaan balmer.

Funny how quickly we buy into Vinny's propaganda... We need a DE' date=' and to a much much lesser extent, a DT.[/quote']

Don't forget that Blache has also mentioned the need for a pass rushing D-Tackle. And why would Vinny have a need to spread proaganda about not needing a DT? What would he gain? Some of the posts here have become are a little too filled with paranoia.

Don't forget that Blache has also mentioned the need for a pass rushing D-Tackle. And why would Vinny have a need to spread proaganda about not needing a DT? What would he gain? Some of the posts here have become are a little too filled with paranoia.

Blache has been lobbying for help at DE. I can't recall anything about a DT, although I can't say that I've been keeping up with the news lately. My guess is that Cerrato is trying to save face after declaring he doesn't believe in drafting DEs in the first round. We've been doing it his way for a couple years now, and it hasn't been working. Trust me, it's not paranoia.

DT is a need. Monty and Golston are run stoppers and it looks like they will likely never be anything more than that. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, a great run stopping DT is hard to come by. An inside pass rush from the DT's makes whoever we have at DE that much more dangerous. When a QB doesn't have a pocket to step up into he will be flushed out and hit by one of our speed rushers. DE is obviously a need as well. They should both be adressed this April in whatever order fits the draft. I see them as need 1a and 1b. With need #2 being OL.

Archived