Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sedrick Ellis - DT we need!!!

RWJ

DT is a need. Monty and Golston are run stoppers and it looks like they will likely never be anything more than that. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, a great run stopping DT is hard to come by. An inside pass rush from the DT's makes whoever we have at DE that much more dangerous. When a QB doesn't have a pocket to step up into he will be flushed out and hit by one of our speed rushers. DE is obviously a need as well. They should both be adressed this April in whatever order fits the draft. I see them as need 1a and 1b. With need #2 being OL.

Correct! If Sedrick Ellis is the next Warren Sapp, then go for it. It would be nice to have some interior pressure and not just run stoppers. All of our LBs are run stoppers. We really dont have a pass rush besides carter and wilson.

DT is a need. Monty and Golston are run stoppers and it looks like they will likely never be anything more than that. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, a great run stopping DT is hard to come by. An inside pass rush from the DT's makes whoever we have at DE that much more dangerous. When a QB doesn't have a pocket to step up into he will be flushed out and hit by one of our speed rushers. DE is obviously a need as well. They should both be adressed this April in whatever order fits the draft. I see them as need 1a and 1b. With need #2 being OL.

Golsten and Montgomery both play the NT position. Griffin is supposed to be the 3 technique DT but as we've seen the last few years he's often injured. There are no other 3 technique DTs on the roster. According to JLC, Blache identified the 3 technique DT as his top priority. We haven't seen the combine results yet. Some of the top guys will drop significantly. Who knows, Skins may look for a DT in free agency or use a 2nd - 3rd pick instead of first round. It all depends upon what's available.

Archived