Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that we have a Head Coach in Zorn, lets go get Ocho Cinco

SkinsAllDay34

We don't need a guy whose not a team player. Anyway Cinci is not letting 85 go and thats good news for us. Zorn is already going to have a tough time being that this is his 1st head coaching job he doesn't need the antics of C.Johnson. We have many other areas that we need to address like the offensive and defensive lines. I would rather draft a young receiver who is eager to prove himself than a guy who can't shut up and do his job which is catching passes, not thinking of his next endzone celebration. HTTR

Chad is the consummate entertainer and a really good WR. In fact, I think he's probably caught more passes while on his head than anyone in NFL history. :P Haha. I also think he's a genuine guy and a good team player. He's not divisive and never has been despite being a premium wideout (i.e. big ego). That said, I think everyone is better off if 85 stays in Cinci. Would I say no if he wanted to come to Washington? I don't think so. But I think we have more than enough wideout talent already. I'd pass on Johnson.

Firstly, Cincy is not going to let him go for less than a first day draft pick, something we cannot afford.

Second, his salary cap hit for the contract extension that he signed last year is something we cannot afford.

Third, a distraction like Johnson on a team with a rookie HC is something we cannot afford.

Are you seeing a trend here?

So how does Chad Johnson have a bad attitude? How is he not a team player? Because he doesn't want to be in Cincy anymore? Because someone in the Organization put out some bad things about him instead of addressing them in house first? He wants to win just as bad as anyone and he has proven year in and year out that he can be productive. Look at his stats and compare them to any WR in the league and he is among the top 5. I would love to have a guy that is as productive as he has been. That is better than what we have right now. Name one guy on the Redskins roster that has better numbers than him? You can't!!! So we can go after a young WR in the draft, develop him and hope that he turns out to be the next Jerry Rice or Randy Moss(less the attitude) or we can go after Chad Johnson in a trade to upgrade our offensive weapons. If you give Cincy what they need without risking to much they will deal. Besides Cincy's ownership wants to let him go because they don't want to pay him.

Archived