Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

and with the 21st pick...

portis426

Vernon Gholston in the first if available or Limas Sweed in the first unless the 2nd or 3rd is traded for CJ.

Couple scenarios, and this is kind of pointless until FA plays out.

1st scenario.

1. Vernon Gholston (my personal fav DE in the draft, but at this point we'll say DE with the first pick)

2. James Hardy

3. Some olineman, probably a guard.

5-7 lineman and linebackers

1. CB

2. DE

3. G

I'm giving up at this point, because say we get a WR in FA, then we aren't drafting one. If we get Faneca in FA then we aren't drafting a guard. etc etc etc.

FA will address several positions, and then we'll fill in the major gaps with the draft.

Given that before this afternoon almost everyone thought Fassel would be named HC I think "who knows" is a reasonable answer.

I could see us getting a big WR like Sweed or Malcolm Kelly.

Or maybe a D lineman like Groves, Merling, Balmer, or C. Campbell.

Or even a corner like Talib.

Heck, since Danny likes to surprise I wouldn't be shocked at anything on draft day, even a QB in round 1!

I have a bad feeling it is going to be WR.............Please think defense!

I'm hoping we address the lines.

DE/G/DT

Or maybe DE/James Hardy/G

James Hardy is the only WR I would want to draft in the 2nd or first, but I want him in the 2nd.

No way Gholston's there at #21. Campbell maybe, but I've been hearing less than encouraging things (I only half believe that stuff anyway). Look, if there's no appropriate DE, I have no problem taking Sweed. He's very talented and fills a large need.

how many times does it have to be said. the WCO doesn't particularly need BIG WRs. What it needs most is WRs who can catch the ball consistently, and then make moves with it once they have it.

Yeah but most WCO have at least 1 big WR that can break a tackle on a short throw. Speed is good too in the open field. But if you are 1 on 1 w/ a CB and you have a big physical WR, he could be 1 broken tackle away from a huge play. I would definitely expect us to find a big receiver to compliment Moss and ARE. Best case scenario is to have both a speedster like Moss and a big WR like Burress.

The WCO needs game-breakers and Sweed -- because of his size and athleticism -- can be that guy. Also, all you need to do is look at the Jersey Giants to see what a tall target can do for a young QB. Manning's no IronArm -- he lofts a lot of balls out there -- and Burriss gives him a ton of support.

S. Springs is happy to stay with his old buddy from Seattle. Hackett comes over at a decent price. In the draft, we go D-Line and O-Line. C. Campbell or P. Merling in 1st. A guard in the 3rd, perhaps Mike McGlynn. In the second, we look for the best OT or DT available. I hope Jordy Nelson and a decent QB come to us in the later rounds.

Archived