Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

and with the 21st pick...

portis426

My guess is............................................wait for combine before making any mockdraft threads. Its pointless. Obviously after the combines, the stock of the players are going up or down. Players that you think we have a shot at landing at 21 are going to gone. Players you think we have no shot at landing, will be there at 21. You just never know, gotta wait for the combines, until then, IMO these mock drafts are pointless. I remember last year around this time, we were all shouting for Alan Branch, since we needed big two gap DT. What happen once we got a close look at him during the combines.......dude had more holes then 10lbs of swiss cheese. Plus, what we do in FA totally changes the complextion of our first day draft, so that makes it even harder to figure out how we're going to approach the draft. No disrespect to the thread starter.

Zorn is Offensive guy, he can pawn failure of D off on existing staff if it stumbles, he is being brought in to invigorate O and develop Campbell, he is not going to leave that to chance, so will give Campbell a weapon he is comfortable with, or draft something to help on O. BUT he knows D is in trouble without DE or CB help. Still, think he goes O. IF he goes DE, then hallelujah. . .

Yeah but most WCO have at least 1 big WR that can break a tackle on a short throw. Speed is good too in the open field. But if you are 1 on 1 w/ a CB and you have a big physical WR, he could be 1 broken tackle away from a huge play. I would definitely expect us to find a big receiver to compliment Moss and ARE. Best case scenario is to have both a speedster like Moss and a big WR like Burress.

WHo is Phily's bit WR? How about Green Bay? I don't think Driver is that big, Here look at this:

WRs by Team

2007 Stats

Phily:

Jason Avant 6-0 212 lbs 23 rec 267yds (Also disappeared in some games)

Hank Baskett 6-4 220 lbs 16 Rec 142Yds (Wow what great numbers for a BIG WR, i.e disappeared in 7 or more games)

Reggie Brown 6-1 197 lbs 61 Rec 780 Yds (Yup another tall one

Kevin Curtis 6-0 186 lbs 71 Rec 1110 Yds (Wow he's really tall huh?)

Michale Gasperson 6-4 220 lbs (Did not play) - Rookie

Greg Lewis 6-0 180 13 rec 265 yds (Disappeared in a lot of games)

Bill Sampy 5-11 192 lbs (Did not play)

Green Bay

Shaun Bodiford 5-11 186 lbs 1 Rec 13 Yds (was on IR I believe)

Donald Driver 6-0 190 lbs 82 Rec 1048 Yds (Wow what a huge WR)

Carlyle Holiday 6-2 217 lbs (Was on IR for most of the season and never played in 2007)

Greg Jennings 5-11 197 lbs 53 Rec 920 Yds (yup another HUGE WR with production, lol)

James Jones 6-1 207 lbs 47 Rec 676 (Good consistency in performance from Jones, but again not that BIG of a WR)

Ruvell Martin 6-4 210 lbs 16 Rec 242 Yds (Didn't have the most snaps cause he wasn't Green Bay's best Receiver, so I can forgive his limited production, but he did make an average of a catch a game he did play in)

Koren Robinson 6-1 205 lbs 21 Rec 241 Yds (Was suspsended early in the season, but made the most of his touches after Week 9, but again not a huge WR)

Seahawks

Deion Branch 5-9 192 lbs 49 Rec 661 Yds (yup a huge WR there)

Nate Burleson 6-0 198 lbs 50 Rec 694 Yds

Bobby Engram 5-10 192 lbs 94 Rec 1147 Yds (great production)

D.J. Hackett 6-2 208 lbs 32 Rec 384 Yds (not bad, not great, but not bad seeing as how he didn't play in most games, was he injured?)

Ben Obomanu 6-0 206 lbs 12 Rec 180 Yds (Not much production, and disappeared in many games)

Logan Payne 6-2 205 lbs (Did Not Play)

Courtney Taylor 6-1 205 lbs 5 Rec 38 Yds (not much playing time)

So my Conclusion, you need WRs who can catch the ball consistently. Which means if Moss or ARE aren't going to catch what's thrown at them, they will be gone and replaced with someone who wants to make catches. That's my anaylsis of the WR position for WCO.

Archived