Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If It's fASSel Can/Should We Protest And Demonstrate At The Press Conference?

jileib

No, and would you like to know why? Because for the most part, fans are uninformed and stupid. There, I said it.

Now will you please knock it off and wait until you find out who is actually hired?

:laugh: Well maybe not stupid but don't want to listen to logic sometimes. We are still human, right?:D

Edit: My bad - YES I would support the new coach. He better not call 2 timeouts in a row though. Sorry Joe nothing against you though.:D

Whoever we get i'm goin to be there supporting the skins 125% like last year.. Point is that were there through the good times and bad.. If you can't handle it i don't mine anyone packing there forum name up and going to the gaints or eagles or yet the cowboys forum instead it would probably be for the best for the real true skins fans.:applause:..

The title speaks for itself
Who ever gets the coaching job has my support !!! I wish people would quit freaking out, quit acting like they have the answers, and please quit starting over the top stupid threads!!! Lets give our new coach who ever it is a chance to prove himself. I for one will be looking forward to seeing some new faces on the coaching staff next year, we were an average team at best for the last 4 years and people are acting as if Snyder is overhauling a finely tuned machine.

How would this be productive to the team at all?

If Fassel is hired the fans should welcome him onto the team and make his transition as smooth as possible. Considering the timing, he will already have a lot to deal with like evaluating his current player personel, getting ready for the free agent signing period and preparing for the draft with little time to do so.

Trying to win over the fan base should not be a added chore and is something that we have control over. So if you are truly a Redskins fan and want the best for our team it is a no-brainer that we do NOT protest the new coach but instead give him total support.

Not worth the gas it would take to get to Ashburn...nah...if he is hired just accept it and move on.

Dunno how that attitude makes you more of a fan than someone who lets DS know that we believe this whole process has been fraudulent. As true fans who buy merchandise, tickets, beer, parking etc we have the right to expect our owner to show some maturity after his time with Gibbs.

If fassel is the guy, then he's saying "I want to insert a puppet who will do my bidding." How much respect do you think the players are gonna give fassel anyway? Knowing that he has no power over his assitants and knowing that the fans will turn on him after the first 2 loses.

This is reverting back to the Norv Turner years. Where DS will hide in the shadows calling the shots and letting the head guy take all the heat.

And if we don't do something about it as fans? We'll be here having the same GD discussion 2 years from now. Only the pool of candidates will be considerably smaller than what you see now.

Dunno how that attitude makes you more of a fan than someone who lets DS know that we believe this whole process has been fraudulent. As true fans who buy merchandise, tickets, beer, parking etc we have the right to expect our owner to show some maturity after his time with Gibbs.

If fassel is the guy, then he's saying "I want to insert a puppet who will do my bidding." How much respect do you think the players are gonna give fassel anyway? Knowing that he has no power over his assitants and knowing that the fans will turn on him after the first 2 loses.

This is reverting back to the Norv Turner years. Where DS will hide in the shadows calling the shots and letting the head guy take all the heat.

And if we don't do something about it as fans? We'll be here having the same GD discussion 2 years from now. Only the pool of candidates will be considerably smaller than what you see now.

Not saying I disagree with you..but right now...I am just so damn tired of it all..

I am tierd of seeing a team that I have rooted for over 30 years (and will continue to root for without a doubt)... become some billionare's play-toy with a front office leadership of questionable abilites (at best) and now hearing that, it's starting to look more and more likely, that we are hiring a coach that no one else has wanted in the last few years to get us to the next level.

It's his team...he is the guy with all the money and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

He got the guy he wanted since Gibbs stepped down...this whole thing has been nothing more than a charade...all the other interviews....did they even matter?

With this kind of thinking we should hire coaches like we select players for the Pro Bowl and All Star games and let fan votes have a say so on who we hire. While we're at it we may as well let fans start voting on who we're to draft...if this happens it WOULD be a mess.

The fans "buy merchandise, tickets, beer, parking etc"" because they are fans and if there are problems about prices and such in THAT aspect then he should, indeed, listen and adjust THESE things to meet the fans demands, if the demands are reasonable, but he should in no way let fans determine who he hires or drafts.

We know nothing about hiring coaches, have not met candidates nor do we have the resources to properly research prospects. So how could we even think that we have what it takes to be involved in hiring anybody?

:laugh: Well maybe not stupid but don't want to listen to logic sometimes. We are still human, right?:D

Edit: My bad - YES I would support the new coach. He better not call 2 timeouts in a row though. Sorry Joe nothing against you though.:D

No, they are stupid when it comes to football matters. You think Snyder's not a football guy? At least he has been hanging around pro coaches and film rooms for the past however many years, which makes him much more of a football guy than some dude in his basement with his hat on backwards reading ESPN magazine and wasting time making his own mock draft through seven rounds. Sure Danny's a jock sniffer, but he's there. Every day. Having said that, he has no business breaking down film or doing player personnel, but neither do fans. Fans have nowhere near the insight that the team's insiders do, and like it or not, even the dreaded Vinny Cerrato has thousands of times more experience than anyone out here.

So as much as it might hurt you (not you, personally, poster), fans have no business trying to take over the course of this team. Period.

So there. :)

We know nothing about hiring coaches, have not met candidates nor do we have the resources to properly research prospects. So how could we even think that we have what it takes to be involved in hiring anybody?

I never said that fans should pick the coach. But what in the hell about Snyderatto and their past performance gives you confidence that they know better than the other 31 teams who wouldn't even give fassel the job of position coach?

Basic economics say that the consumer wields some measure of power. Not as much DS. But I had an old Economics teacher who once told me that 'every time you spend a dollar you vote.' You vote for china if you buy made in china. If you spend your $ on Samsung then you just voted for that company.

As long as people are willing to pay and support snyderatto then I can forsee a lot of coaching searches in our future. But we'll have a lot of high draft picks too! So we got that going for us :(

Troy Fakeman, I watched your sig probably 15 times...I can hear Al Michaels just giving that "EWWWW! Sean Taylor..." Gosh I miss him!

I don't think we/anyone should protest, it wouldn't speak well for the fans and it wouldn't show support for the coaches or the players.

I don't know what all the naysayers are expecting. Look at the other hires this offseason. No flashy hires for any team. Let's face it, there are no great candidates out there. I'm indifferent about Fassel, we'll see how he does if he does get the job but until then we don't really know. Let's face it, belichick was mediocre at best with the browns and now he's the best coach in the league. It's too early to start judging a coach. Sure, have your favorite candidate but protesting whoever is hired is just ridiculous.

First, I wouldn't protest Fassel. He's got a decent resume and I'm not blaming the man for taking a head coaching job if offered. If he's the man, I'm going to hope for the best even though I'm less than thrilled with the decision.

Second, isn't Redskins Park private property? They allow Huly, Pez and the other good folks to congragate out there in support of the team. However I think it would be a different story if a bunch of fans went out there to protest what the team is doing. So I suspect you'd go out there only to be told to get the hell out of here and if you didn't the cops would be called and you'd spend some time in jail. Is Jim Fassel really worth that?

Besides, if I were going to protest it would be over Danny and Vinny and not Fassel. In fact I kind of feel bad for Fassel that this is the only job available to him. He seems like a nice enough fellow. He may deserve better than having Danny and Vinny lording all over him.

The Redskins will always be my team, but I am totally frustrated right now. You can't tell me that Fassel is the best candidate out there. He was fired as an assistant in Baltimore, and they are not a good team. What does that tell you. No other team wants him.

I would rather have Zorn or Blache as the head coach. It's amazing that these people have to pass the "Vinny Test". Greg Williams would have been the right guy, but he clashed with Vinny. Vinny won that one. The fans lost!

If it is Fassel, and he does not produce early, let the Boos rain down like never before!!!!

You can take the flip side...we ARE supporting the team by saying NO FASSEL...

You could look at it that by protesting Fassel as Synder's choice we are saying

that we are standing by the players/wanting the best for them...and that we are

upset that they aren't getting the chance to have good coaching and leadership.

Just incredibly upsetting watching this whole thing unfold ... funny how fast Dan reverted to his old ways--and also that Vinny became an expert on what's best for

our guys. Sure doesn't look very promising for the coming season once again...

but we can always 'hope'.

Archived