Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC on ESPN First Take

skinzdar55

It's all gonna make sense when Fassel's hired and we all find out he had a say in every move we've made in the last few weeks.

It's been said that some of our hires, like Zorn, were recommended by Fassel. But if you're implying that he had the job locked up since he made those recommendations that would be really dumb on Snyder's part.

That's what I'm afraid of.
I really don't understand all the Fassel hate. He won 2 NFC East crowns in 7 years. Made the playoffs 3 times, making it to the SB once (as the sacrificial lamb to the best D in history). I know he got fired in Baltimore, but that was mostly do to bare cupbpoards on offense. Every QB he has coached has improved vastly. He is a manager, a CEO type that can work with vastly different personalities. He has an ego, but not one that will interfere with running a team.

I am no Fassel fan, but comparing what he has done as coach to the likes of Pete Carroll (33-31, 1 playoff appearence) and Steve Mariucci (72 - 67, 4 playoff appearences in 9 years) he looks pretty good.

NOTE: Mariucci took over SF, one of the most loaded teams in history, and went 3-4 in the playoffs and never reaching the SB. In DET, he went 15-29 with 0 playoff appearences before being fired.

Archived