Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Forever Linked to Perfection

Riggodrill44

New England and its coach were an arrogant group of SOBs throughout the season and didn't merit any sympathy on their loss today.

The Patriots peaked 2 months ago and had been holding onto 3 or 4 point victories to close out the year.

No way this team secured its place the way the 1984 49ers who also went 18-1 did.

In the end the 49ers dynasty produced DOMINANT wins in 3 of its 5 Super Bowl wins.

Ditto for the 1990's Cowboys.

The 2000's Patriots won 3 Super Bowls, each by a field goal.

And now they lost one by a field goal.

They were an excellent team in 2007 but not the best of all-time.

New England and its coach were an arrogant group of SOBs throughout the season and didn't merit any sympathy on their loss today.

The Patriots peaked 2 months ago and had been holding onto 3 or 4 point victories to close out the year.

No way this team secured its place the way the 1984 49ers who also went 18-1 did.

In the end the 49ers dynasty produced DOMINANT wins in 3 of its 5 Super Bowl wins.

It only leaves us to wonder.....would the Pats be the Bills of this decade without their special information? Hmmmmmmm.

Even though the probability has it that the New england patriots will win the superbowl, I hoped the New York Giants win it. NFC East Baby! The Redskins should be there,but here's hoping the G-men pull it off. And they did...

The upset of the century, the G-Men defeated the Patriots!!! Next year the Washington Redskins will win it all......

Plaxico Burress Guaranteed a win. The Giants Beat the top 3 teams on the road. Green Bay,Dallas and New England. 3 teams with the best record in the NFL this season. And this is like a replay of that other New York Team,the Jets Where Joe Namath Guaranteed a victory and pulled off the Then biggest upset in the Superbowl. I did not want the Patriots to have that unbeaten season and a 4th Superbowl title... Call me selfish but I rather the Redskins go unbeaten. Pittsburgh,San Francisco,Dallas are the only teams with more superbowl wins than the Washington Redskins. I want the skins to be the all time best team.

The NFC WINS AGAIN. The NFC East is the best and toughest division in football again. 3 of the 12 playoof teams came from there....

I don't understand what you're saying. The Redskins forever linked to perfection? Um, what? The Pats just lost. They didn't go perfect. Sure, they won every single regular season game. There were 15 other teams that lost to them as well, including the team that beat them tonight.

I don't understand what you're saying. The Redskins forever linked to perfection? Um, what? The Pats just lost. They didn't go perfect. Sure, they won every single regular season game. There were 15 other teams that lost to them as well, including the team that beat them tonight.

I think what Riggodrill44 is saying is that the Redskins were the loser in SuperBowl VII to the unbeaten Miami Dolphins team, thus being the losing victim of an unbeaten team. And if the Giants lose to the Patriots, then They would join the redskins as the losing teams to an unbeaten team. I however stand by my earlier comments.

I just don't get Skins fans rooting not only for a Rival but against the only chance to get the Redskins removed as the team that lost to the last perfect team.

And the Pats winning would have removed that? Looks more like the Giants would have joined us. There's NO WAY I would have rooted against the Pats if they were playing the Cowboys. And if the Pats had lost to them I would be feeling totally sick right now. But for this year, I hate the Pats MORE than I do the Giants. If the Giants were playing any other team, I would have been rooting against them. I'm a sucker for the underdog. This time it happened to be the Giants. But NEVER the Cowboys [Redskin fan rule #1].

:laugh: http://www.amazon.com:80/19-0-Historic-Championship-Englands-Unbeatable/dp/1600781500

I think what Riggodrill44 is saying is that the Redskins were the loser in SuperBowl VII to the unbeaten Miami Dolphins team, thus being the losing victim of an unbeaten team. And if the Giants lose to the Patriots, then They would join the redskins as the losing teams to an unbeaten team. I however stand by my earlier comments.

Thanks for the summary.Yes I wanted the Skins name gone and replaced by the Giants.If you remember correctly Gibbs left Timmy Smith in to erase Marcus Allen's rushing record.

I could care less about any of this. I'm with RiggoDrill44. I wanted them to do it so that the Skins weren't the team to lose in the Super Bowl to the perfect team. Maybe it's not talked about, but I know it and you know it. That's what matters and not what is talked about in the media. Besides, now another NFC East rival is tied with the Skins with 3 Super Bowls. I want only one NFC East team to win Super Bowls.

I'm glad the Giants win. I rooted hard for them. They are a class organization. If it isn't the Skins, no reason it shouldn't be them.

TOTALLY AGRE!!!!!! We got WAXED by 45 friggin points, I could never EVER root for the Pats and I am very happy they lost!

Well said, and I totally agree with you. The Giants' team deserves all the praise for doing what other teams, including the Redskins, couldn't do.

Archived