Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This sums it up, from the Fox Sports article

Riggins Seventy Chip

Last I checked the team was still making money. We are one of the top two franchises for value. (thought I saw at the beginning of the season that the Cowgirls passed us because of their new Staduim thats being built)

To me, Danny is making it work, his idea is to make money. If he wasn't making money he would consider changing direction. But he's making boat loads. We aren't the bungles of old.

Is that whats important to you? Do you own stock in the Redskins? Do you receive any benefit from Danny making boatloads of money and producing a mediocre, mostly dissapointing product? I bet you drive a Ford.

I've been saying this for weeks. How this idiot ever made money in the professional world is beyond me. He has ZERO people skills.

And running a football team really isn't THAT different from running a business. You hire good people and let them do their thing. Stability is essential.

Bah. I heard he got lucky with the internet bubble anyways. I'm still skeptical if he's a good businessman beyond using cutthroat* tactics to bleed his customers dry.

*Six Flags parking debacle.

He apparently is very sharp in the business world. One simply does not make the money he has, starting from nothing, if they are an idiot.

However much of what Snyder has built was sold somewhat quickly to realize a profit, and the longer lasting impact of things like moral or retention of employees was not so much a factor.

***Let me edit this as from what I understand and have been told. Obviously I'm not an authority.

Running business, and running a football are two different things. Someone needs to tell the guy who has, and is still ruining the Redskins.

lol. I misread your quote initially as "Ruining business, and ruining a football [team] are two different things." An obvious misquote, yet somehow it applies...:doh:

Everyone who was brought in 2002/2003 were people Spurrier wanted.

Coles, Hall, Canidate, Randy Thomas, Weurffel.

It's not like Vinny said "Here take this guy right now & play him."

Everyone Snyder & co. have picked up ever, were because the coaches wanted him.

From Archuletta, to Lloyd, to Deion Sanders, to anybody.....

And it's the role of the owner and GM to say NO.

NO I DON'T THINK THATS A PRUDENT DECISION.

Running business, and running a football are two different things. Someone needs to tell the guy who has, and is still ruining the Redskins.

LOL... Its hard to believe that as smart as Snyder seems to be he still doesnt realize that he's too stupid to run a football team.

He apparently is very sharp in the business world. One simply does not make the money he has, starting from nothing, if they are an idiot.

However much of what Snyder has built was sold somewhat quickly to realize a profit, and the longer lasting impact of things like moral or retention of employees was not so much a factor.

***Let me edit this as from what I understand and have been told. Obviously I'm not an authority.

I din't say he was an idiot, But I understand what you mean. If what you say is true about his style though, it doesn't really lend well to running a franchise for 40 years.

Everyone who was brought in 2002/2003 were people Spurrier wanted.

Coles, Hall, Canidate, Randy Thomas, Weurffel.

It's not like Vinny said "Here take this guy right now & play him."

Everyone Snyder & co. have picked up ever, were because the coaches wanted him.

From Archuletta, to Lloyd, to Deion Sanders, to anybody.....

hmmmm...makes one wonder whether a GM with a gameplan might make a difference...does it not?

Yeah I remember when we were signing all those Gators...Wuerful, Reidel Anthony, Jacquez Green, Taylor Jacobs...Spurrier was like "well, they're cheap and available."

Now that's a great way to build a winner. Cheap and available.

Combine that with duds like Trung Canidate, Trotter, Chad Morton, etc. and we built a roster that just did not have the talent to be a winning NFL team.

Here's hoping they've got a better plan this time around.

I think the good news is the core of our team is together and it's doubtful we'll be able to make a huge splash in free agency. Hopefully just a few signings to shore up some weaknesses.

Actually Snyder has done exactly what he did to make all his money, and he has done it well. Hes a marketing genius, and he makes money. Hes done the same thing with the Redskins. Winning football games and making money are two very different things. THATS the problem with Snyder. Hes dealing with someone he has no idea about.

For someone who has been successful in business, Snyder clearly has no idea how to promote good morale.

Wow a player said that, damn!!!!

Looking back at Spurrier it is amazing he got that many wins with that pathetic talent he had on this team. Shane Matthews, Trung Candidate, etc.... ouch :laugh: :laugh: :(:(

Bah. I heard he got lucky with the internet bubble anyways. I'm still skeptical if he's a good businessman beyond using cutthroat* tactics to bleed his customers dry.

*Six Flags parking debacle.

You could be right the bubble made some real stupid people rich and poor all at the same time...

I, a 25 yr old white girl who lives in NC, could run this team better than Snyder... Seriously.

Maybe he'll read this and hire me as HC... hell it can't hurt if you're breaking the team up like this.

I think some players might be excited by the possibility of a 25 year old woman from a beach town running the team. ;)

Dear Rome,

I'd rather not say.

Signed a white girl in North Click

Snyder wanted Deion, George and Smith. Snyder hated Brad Johnson, the only Skins QB to win a playoff game between Gibbs eras, so snyder forced Johnson out for George. Johnson led the Bucs to the SB championship two years later.

More importantly, it starts at the top. Snyder dressed down Turner in front of his players in the middle of the season, and then complained when Turner got no respect from the players. Snyder creamed his pants when Spurrier made his bank account available for Snyder deposits, so Snyder unceremonously dumped Schottenheimer, a great NFL head coach. He let Spurrier demoralize the best player the Skins had on offense, Stephen Davis, and then got rid of him.

Seriously, about the only thing that he did right was hire Gibbs. Gibbs gave him the blueprint for success and now Snyder is burning it.

Is that whats important to you? Do you own stock in the Redskins? Do you receive any benefit from Danny making boatloads of money and producing a mediocre, mostly dissapointing product? I bet you drive a Ford.

Nope I've just become numb to the whole process. Why keep a guy grown here, everyone has their Jersey already, when wait make a splash with a free agent and everyone will buy their jersey instead. i've been sick of the process since danny took over. One thing is true winning isn't the priority.

How can you go 5-11 and only one coach get fired ? or making continuity a catch phrase and not a reality.

oh and I drive a honda, would never drive a ford.

Yes, he did. He wanted a lot of the guys we picked up. But he wasn't alone in wanting Deion (and I think he might have been alone on Jeff George).

Yea guys, but that was Danny when he first began. I'm quite sure he learned from that episode. But after that, since the coaches knew Danny would spend to get who ever they wanted, they made the choices (Lloyd, AA) and a few others. Danny just asked them who and what they wanted and they the coaches gave him the list.

Archived