Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This sums it up, from the Fox Sports article

Riggins Seventy Chip

Cerrato's newly announced control over the roster had players shaking their heads about a return to the bad old days of 2002-03 when Cerrato and Snyder dominated coach Steve Spurrier and the Redskins went 12-20, their worst two-year record since 1993-94.

"Vinny's not a bad person, but he was here when they made some terrible mistakes with the personnel," one player said.

"I hope they don't change the Joe Gibbs way of running things," a veteran said. "I would hate to see what we've got going ripped apart."

For someone who has been successful in business, Snyder clearly has no idea how to promote good morale.

Everyone who was brought in 2002/2003 were people Spurrier wanted.

Coles, Hall, Canidate, Randy Thomas, Weurffel.

It's not like Vinny said "Here take this guy right now & play him."

Everyone Snyder & co. have picked up ever, were because the coaches wanted him.

From Archuletta, to Lloyd, to Deion Sanders, to anybody.....

Last I checked the team was still making money. We are one of the top two franchises for value. (thought I saw at the beginning of the season that the Cowgirls passed us because of their new Staduim thats being built)

To me, Danny is making it work, his idea is to make money. If he wasn't making money he would consider changing direction. But he's making boat loads. We aren't the bungles of old.

An exception to that might be Jeff George. But pretty much, yeah, Snyder's getting roasted for the mistakes the coaches made as well. Hey, remember when Dan Snyder wanted to draft Santana Moss in the first round but he allowed Marty Schottenheimer to make the pick? How'd that Rod Gardner era work out for us?

Not that I'm comfortable with Dan making the picks or even having a major say in them. But I think his participation is and mostly has been more in the wheeling-and-dealing aspect of juggling picks and trades than identiying the targets to begin with.

An exception to that might be Jeff George. But pretty much, yeah, Snyder's getting roasted for the mistakes the coaches made as well. Hey, remember when Dan Snyder wanted to draft Santana Moss in the first round but he allowed Marty Schottenheimer to make the pick? How'd that Rod Gardner era work out for us?

Not that I'm comfortable with Dan making the picks or even having a major say in them. But I think his participation is and mostly has been more in the wheeling-and-dealing aspect of juggling picks and trades than identiying the targets to begin with.

Snyder wanted Deion.

Don't go and bring logic into the discussion...the chicken littles are growing exponentionally here and promising to turn in fan cards, burn gear, tickets....let em and leave here come next monday when we have a coach.

I, a 25 yr old white girl who lives in NC, could run this team better than Snyder... Seriously.

Maybe he'll read this and hire me as HC... hell it can't hurt if you're breaking the team up like this.

I think some players might be excited by the possibility of a 25 year old woman from a beach town running the team. ;)

Norv Turner did not want Jeff George; that was all Snyder. Turner did not even play George when he got here until Snyder forced him to. As a result the Skins lost game after game after game and Turner was blamed for "Dan the Man's" screw up.

Last I checked the team was still making money. We are one of the top two franchises for value. (thought I saw at the beginning of the season that the Cowgirls passed us because of their new Staduim thats being built)

To me, Danny is making it work, his idea is to make money. If he wasn't making money he would consider changing direction. But he's making boat loads. We aren't the bungles of old.

And I suppose making all that money has lead to more Super Bowl titles?

But pretty much, yeah, Snyder's getting roasted for the mistakes the coaches made as well.

This concept here puts me on the "we need a GM" bandwagon. The forte of a good coach is gameplanning and preparing the players for games. A good coach is NOT necessarily a good scout or personnel evaluator.

If I look at the glass as half full, then I would say that at least by promoting Cerrato to de facto GM status, there is someone who is fully responsible for personnel management. I think that the practice of a coach saying "hey, go get me that guy" needs to end.

Snyder is definitely a businessman, and this is a business. But he's also a big fan of the Redskins, and I believe that he's doing what he thinks is best for this team to win a championship. That may not be what I believe is best, but I don't think that he is a malicious conniving businessman who wants nothing more than lined pockets. It could.. imaginably.. be worse.

I would prefer for him to get his nose out of day-to-day football ops and just let someone with real football experience run the team. Look at Bob Kraft of the Patriots.. I bet that guy doesn't know who half of his players are and they have the best FO in football.

I, a 25 yr old white girl who lives in NC, could run this team better than Snyder... Seriously.

Maybe he'll read this and hire me as HC... hell it can't hurt if you're breaking the team up like this.

id definitely go to more games if a 25 year old girl was running things.

but it wouldnt be to watch the game :D

Turner did not even play George when he got here until Snyder forced him to. As a result the Skins lost game after game after game and Turner was blamed for "Dan the Man's" screw up.
Don't know about that. Snyder was in the tank for George, or so it seemed. But I'm not sure George ever started for Turner, at least if Brad Johnson was healthy. I was at Fedex Field during Turner's last game, when Johnson was completely ineffective and 90,000 fans screamed for Jeff George. When Turner finally made the switch late in the game, George immediately led them to a TD drive and then in the closing minute marched the down to set up a gimme game-winning FG, at least until Thrashs sideline catch got overturned on review (AFTER the next play had been run - but that's another thread). There's no way the Redskins lost game after game under Turner because Dan Snyder forced him to play Jeff George.

Don't know about that. Snyder was in the tank for George, or so it seemed. But I'm not sure George ever started for Turner, at least if Brad Johnson was healthy. I was at Fedex Field during Turner's last game, when Johnson was completely ineffective and 90,000 fans screamed for Jeff George. When Turner finally made the switch late in the game, George immediately led them to a TD drive and then in the closing minute marched the down to set up a gimme game-winning FG, at least until Thrashs sideline catch got overturned on review (AFTER the next play had been run - but that's another thread). There's no way the Redskins lost game after game under Turner because Dan Snyder forced him to play Jeff George.

Yeah, let's be real here. That team was already in the tank when George was pressed into service.

Let me also note that the scouting department got an overhaul when Gibbs arrived here, so it isn't likely that the Skins FO will look like 2002-2003. Hell, they got away from the RFA thing that they did in 2003, noting that it probably wasn't the best way to get players.

Jason

Archived