Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for my thoughts (bumped post from Jan. 2008) MET.

Art

With what we know of Cowher, if he were to be the pick, we would finally get an O-line. We would finally get an agressive defense. More importantly, we would finally get accountability and a team identity. I would be very surprised if said Cowher inspired identity didn't harken to the glory days of this franchise. What is hysterical about that? :doh:

Next.

I have attempted to explain my thinking as to being prepared for the interview and I think people are not fully processing it. By being prepared, I mean more than knowing the team or the coaches or any of that. I mean being in the mind set of leading a franchise to greater heights. I believe Williams was thinking about the team he had and the team he knew and the team he'd coached. I don't think he was thinking about the team he'd lead. I don't think he was in the mindset to lay out a plan for the future because of the situation.

If that's the case, he didn't deserve the job.

I cant think of a single job I have ever cared about where I couldn't tell you at the drop of a hat, what I thought could be done to make things work better.

"the situation".... Please. :doh:

• 1 month later...
Williams was certainly popular with enough of the players to be a people person. But, there is something to your statement about what Snyder may be looking for. What does continuity mean? It doesn't mean keeping every player and every coach and every play and all that. That's consistency. Continuity is a way of being.

It's an organizational direction.

It's laying out fundamental principles that govern all choice you make and the people you hire to make them. In theory and body it seems to me MOST of the coaching staff will return, carrying forward the established way of being. In organizational structure, it seems we'll see something similar. And, I do wonder if Dan's looking for a people handler like Gibbs.

So what do you think of our "organizational direction" now Art? Yeah, we've got direction all right. Too bad it's downward.

THIS post I really like.

:applause:

This makes so much sense to me. And THIS gives THE DAN actually DID learn something from Gibbs 2.

True. He learned how he didn't want to run a team.

...There is no consideration given to what would be the best play call, taking JC, Portis, our OL, Moss, Cooley, Kelly, into consideration. It's all about proving that he knows and is right, even when we all know that he isn't and start laughing/booing in the end at the pathetic calls.

:chair::chair:

Zorn is the reason the fans booed after the WIN.

I agree that Zorn simply isn't a very good coach...at least at this point in his career anyway. However, please explain what the "best" play call is when you've got no offensive line?

And that's considered a "playoff caliber" team? Please. Give me a break. That these idiots could even fix their minds to think this team was headed anywhere but 8-8 at best, argues for some sort of anti-delusion vaccine to be distributed in Ashburn.

When I think about this now, I wonder how such a massive organization could have had no backup plan in case Gibbs called it quits.

I understand the idea of being taken by surprise, but I just don't get that they had to scramble. Shouldn't they always be thinking about potential head coaches? Especially when your current one is in his mid-sixties?

Considering many coaching candidates enter the interview process with a list of potential assistants, then why wouldn't a FO keep an updated list of prospective HC's? That, I really don't get.

He either sells the team or backs off and lets a real GM run this club. Anything less and it's the same old circus, nothing changes.

As Riggo put it, Snyder needs to find a GM and move to Mongolia and live in a yurt while football people make the calls.

Honestly, I'd just prefer that he sell the team at this point.

Sure we all do, but is that really going to happen? so i wrote about the next best thing that is at least within the realm of possibilty (obviously he is not going to live in a yurt but you get the idea...stay the hell out of the kitchen and just pay the damn checks and make your dough).

Sure we all do, but is that really going to happen? so i wrote about the next best thing that is at least within the realm of possibilty (obviously he is not going to live in a yurt but you get the idea...stay the hell out of the kitchen and just pay the damn checks and make your dough).

His pattern of behavior, lack of maturity, and contentious relationship with fans/ex-players/media suggest to me that he isn't going to magically have an epiphany.

I guess the only thing that will happen is there will be a "lost generation" of fans that aren't able to sustain his money making machine indefinitely since they never grew up with what we grew up with. Basically, at the end of the day, the leopard's spots won't change - his cash cow will slowly bleed dry until he is forced to sell.

So I can plan to look forward to the next Skins paloffs appearance when I'm roughly 90 years old?

Well, no one can predict the future but I have to say that all signs point to Snyder NOT changing what he's done so far given his lack of response to the growing fan discontent (see thread on the Browns and what their owner said after learning of fan displeasure).

I don't know what Snyder's motivation is and why he does what he does or even why he keeps on owning the team, other than money. I can say that I'm pretty certain he isn't the "big fan" that we all thought he was. If that was the case, he would be making sure the stadium experience was more fan friendly instead of beefing up security to throw people out for wearing non-profane but anti-management T-shirts. No "big fan" would ever do that.

When I think about this now, I wonder how such a massive organization could have had no backup plan in case Gibbs called it quits.

I understand the idea of being taken by surprise, but I just don't get that they had to scramble. Shouldn't they always be thinking about potential head coaches? Especially when your current one is in his mid-sixties?

Considering many coaching candidates enter the interview process with a list of potential assistants, then why wouldn't a FO keep an updated list of prospective HC's? That, I really don't get.

Funny, I went back and re-read this thread from the beginning, and I said the same thing back on page 4!

GMTA :)

Archived