Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn hire. Did someone from Seattle leak it?

TK

"Someone leaked it."

"The Seattle FO leaked it."

I've seen mention of this in several threads. But I haven't seen any published reports stating that. The board's been moving at a rapid pace, so I may have missed it.

Or is this just more wild speculation?

Somebody help a brother out. :)

"Someone leaked it."

I've seen mention of this in several threads. But I haven't seen any published reports stating that. The board's been moving at a rapid pace, so I may have missed it.

I think since John Clayton of ESPN and Seattle, Washington broke the story most of us feel like he got it from Zorn or the Seattle Organization. But it's all speculation as usual.

EDIT: I'm also calling you out for taking extreme advantage of your mod status on this one. ;)

"Someone leaked it."

Holgriem called me

Zorn leaving Seahawks

By CLARE FARNSWORTH

P-I REPORTER

KIRKLAND -- Jim Zorn was looking for assurances from the Seahawks after being offered a three-year contract to become the offensive coordinator of the Washington Redskins.

What he got was indifference.

So Zorn, the team's original quarterback who has coached the position the past seven seasons, is gone.

As done as Zorn's departure is, however, it is a deal no one would confirm. The Seahawks deferred to the Redskins, who do not plan to announce the hiring until Saturday, at the earliest.

But sources close to the situation said that Zorn, 54, is indeed leaving, with regrets.

After interviewing with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, Zorn returned to Seattle to discuss the situation with the Seahawks.

Zorn, who had one year remaining on his contract, would have stayed if the Seahawks had extended his deal. They would not, so he did not.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/348834_zorn26.html

Hey look. Mort got quotes from GW. And it looks like he's also got a high ranking team source.

Williams out of running for Redskins' coaching job

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Updated: January 25, 2008, 10:51 PM ET

What appeared obvious is now official: Gregg Williams is no longer under consideration for the Washington Redskins head coaching vacancy, high-ranking team and league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

However, Williams said Friday night that he has yet to be informed of that decision and strongly rebutted any notion that he criticized former Redskins coach Joe Gibbs during the interview process, as team and league sources claimed Friday.

"I haven't been told anything," said Williams. "And I would never, ever dump on Joe Gibbs. He is one of the best people I have ever been around in life. I came here because of Joe Gibbs. He's in the Hall of Fame as a coach and he's a better person than he is a football coach. I can't believe anybody would suggest I dumped on Joe. That's completely false."

Williams said that he had three interview sessions, not four as reported, with Redskins owner Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, the team's executive vice president of player personnel. He said there was never any tension in those interviews.

"Dan and I, and Vinny, had a good time during the process," said Williams. "As far as I'm concerned, everything went well. We laughed, we joked. We never had anything we disagreed on, not really. Vinny and I have gotten along very well, too."

Williams did not say whether he is disappointed about the news that he was no longer a candidate for the job.

"All I can tell you is that I'm very comfortable in my own skin and I learned how to do that from being around Joe Gibbs," he said. "I'm not in control of this but I'm very content with where I am in life right now."

A source close to Williams theorized that the Redskins may start a smear campaign against the defensive coordinator because he has had strong support from players, media and Redskins' fans.

Williams technically remains under contract and has not yet been fired. The Washington Post reported that the Jacksonville Jaguars have an interest in Williams as defensive coordinator to replace Mike Smith, who was hired as Atlanta's head coach.

That leaves former Giants coach Jim Fassel and Colts defensive coordinator Ron Meeks alive in the process, although the Redskins will wait until after the Super Bowl before naming a coach. They may seek permission to interview Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo after the game.

The Redskins hired Seahawks quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn as their new offensive coordinator, ESPN's John Clayton reported earlier. The team is expected to announce that addition on Saturday and team sources also told Mortensen that offensive coordinator Al Saunders was given permission to speak with the St. Louis Rams about the same position.

Chris Mortensen is an NFL analyst for ESPN.

Now, those reading at where I've been going with this thread will be saying to themselves, "A high ranking team source? Hey, who just got promoted?" And then maybe wonder like I did if Seattle actually leaked the Zorn hire.

Archived