Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does This Mean Todd Collins is Gone?

WizSkinsO's

People want to talk about Campbell haters...Todd Collins did more for this team this year than Campbell could have mustered. One more year of subpar performance from that young man and he's gone. The new coach is inheriting him and if it's not GW it will be very strained with JC on a short leash. Mark my words:2cents:

of course it did take 13 years for an NFL team to get 4 wins out of Todd Collins ;)

hopefully when all is said and done Campbell will deliver more than that :laugh:

just remember that at the same phase of development, 20 starts, Eli Manning was being called a potential bust, now he is in the Super Bowl :D

i hope TC goes where Al goes so people on this board can stop acting like TC is the second coming of Sonny Jurgensen
hey now , my favorite redskin qb of all time is sonny jurgensen . but i won't ever forget the 4 game winning streak at the end of last season . collins looked really good filling in , even if he doesn't rank in my top 10 favorite redskin qb's .:point2sky

Can you honestly say with a straight face that you'd be proud to wear a Todd Collins burgundy and gold jersey?
why not :whoknows: , i've worn a heath shuler jersey before, and he never had a 4 game winning streak . you get me a 3xlg todd collins jersey and i'll wear it proud (once in a while along with my other 30 redskin jerseys ).

Jay Schroeder looked better than Collins and for an entire season here in DC (1986), but in the end he was not the long-term answer. Collins is not even the short-term answer :)

What are you talking about? Jay Schroeder was amazing as a Redskins QB. He took over a 5-5 team when Theisman got hurt and led us on a 5-1 run. He made the Pro Bowl the next year and took us to the NFC championship beating the defending SB champion bears in Chicago in the playoffs.

Without Jay in 1987 we would not have made the playoffs. He started 10 games in the strike shortened year. T

he next off season, we trade him for Jim Lachey. Schroeders starting record as a Skins QB was amongst the highest winning percentages ever for a Skins QB and we ended up getting a HOF level tackle for him.

Archived